Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting Vinyl - Best options?

Options
  • 03-03-2012 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm selling off some of my record collection but I'm just doing some research into postage costs. What are the best/cheapest methods of sending 12 inch records in the post (worldwide)?

Has anyone done this and what have they found to be the best option? I'm not sure how An Post would charge for it as some of the international options seem quite expensive for parcels. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I have sold a few online and sent them in the "record mailers" that I saved from records that were mailed to me previously, they are stiffened cardboard and I have never received damaged records in them, I think the only way to get them is online, they come in 7 and 12" sizes, never seen them in stationary shops in Dublin anyway.

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/Record-CD-DVD-Mailers-/86176/i.html

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I have sold a few online and sent them in the "record mailers" that I saved from records that were mailed to me previously, they are stiffened cardboard and I have never received damaged records in them, I think the only way to get them is online, they come in 7 and 12" sizes, never seen them in stationary shops in Dublin anyway.

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/Record-CD-DVD-Mailers-/86176/i.html

Very same. Maybe ask some of the Irish bands that posted there records on vinyl. Jape/Popical Island/Ric Collective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

I know i have posted 2 12inch records to Spain and it cost 7.50 standard post.
    I just got a large padded envelope and packed with some cardboard.

Ive posted a single 12inch record here in Ireland and it was about 1.50 and i have had 5 or 6 records posted to me and it cost about 7 euro

Hope thats some use to ya

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I know i have posted 2 12inch records to Spain and it cost 7.50 standard post.
    I just got a large padded envelope and packed with some cardboard.

Ive posted a single 12inch record here in Ireland and it was about 1.50 and i have had 5 or 6 records posted to me and it cost about 7 euro

Hope thats some use to ya

Perfect, that's exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

If I sold a record on discogs what would be a standard rate to charge for posting and packaging from Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I always re-used mailers with two stiffeners. LP in a plastic sleeve with the inner separate to prevent seam splits.

I only ever shipped registered (likewise for CDs which I generally sold more of) so it was pricey for buyers but the positive side is that everything arrives without issue & is trackable.

Advertisement