Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Ireland calendar 2012 available yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Pablo Rubio

A4's riding the Gorey 3 day . Is this a mistake

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I've been told that was an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭ktz84

morana wrote: »
    your suggestions are appreciated. I too would like to have a link to the google map and also put up some of the course profiles from various races
    from the lads Garmins. If I get more info I will upload though it was a bit of a pain I had to upload each month separately.

You should have more info before season starts.

Thanks morana. That's appreciated.

The idea of route info being available is a great one and I'm sure we would all love to see that some day.

How are you uploading into Google Calendar? What's the restriction that limits you to month by month imports as that does sound like a bit of a pain? Worth asking here as someone might be able to get a better of way of doing. If you aren't using the google calendar api then it may save you a lot of trouble if you can find someone kind enough to write you a little script to do the import.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

ktz84 wrote: »
    Thanks morana. That's appreciated.

The idea of route info being available is a great one and I'm sure we would all love to see that some day.

How are you uploading into Google Calendar? What's the restriction that limits you to month by month imports as that does sound like a bit of a pain? Worth asking here as someone might be able to get a better of way of doing. If you aren't using the google calendar api then it may save you a lot of trouble if you can find someone kind enough to write you a little script to do the import.

Thanks. I was just uploading the csv file directly from calendar interface. I will look at doing a script as I used to be able to code!:eek:

I would like to ask for a gps file from some of you who raced the different events but I dont know if the actual promoter might be miffed if it turns out they changed the circuit! If any of the Dundalk, Lucan, Dub wheelers, Swords etc have files that their race will run on I would be happy to include them in the calendar pm a link to them tell me the name etc and while your at it give me a google map location to the sign on if different.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

Thanks for the morana for the updates. Like a previous poster, I'd prefer the excel to the google calendar, so if you could!!
    I would like to ask for a gps file from some of you who raced the different events but I dont know if the actual promoter might be miffed if it turns out they changed the circuit!

Great idea morana, but IMO I would act on the side of caution. I would only use files provided by the organisers, as the course could change (which could easily happen) and I think it's better to have no route than the wrong route!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Shadow78

Where's the calander for sportives?

Shadow78 wrote: »

If we have it in excel we will get it up for you asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

CI have been asked to remove that info as it is incorrect

uberwolf wrote: »
    CI have been asked to remove that info as it is incorrect

I did it as soon as it was reported.

Shadow78 wrote: »

up now. will post the spreadsheets tomorrow. going abhaile anois!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Sammy7p

DRAFT calendar now up on CI site.

This is a draft and subject to change but I would think its fairly close. Will have to check the event for the 19th Feb though.

Thanks Morana

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

The full calendar looks great. So much choice. A real sign of how much cycling is growing.

On the first w/e in Aug, there is a Suir 2 Day sportif. Is that correct? Thought that it was a race.
    If so good for them. Have thought for some time now that there was room for a multi day sportif in this country.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

ROK ON wrote: »
    The full calendar looks great. So much choice. A real sign of how much cycling is growing.

On the first w/e in Aug, there is a Suir 2 Day sportif. Is that correct? Thought that it was a race.
    If so good for them. Have thought for some time now that there was room for a multi day sportif in this country.

A multi day sportif sounds very interesting!

(See you at the Tour de Foothills Rok On...)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I am a newbie in Open racing, when does the season officialy start? Are all of the listed races award points to the winners? (not that I plan to win any open races anytime soon :p )

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

It's the same weekend as the Suir Valley 3 Day race. Doesn't look like an error since its named "Suir Valley 3 Day Sportive".

AstraMonti wrote: »
    I am a newbie in Open racing, when does the season officialy start? Are all of the listed races award points to the winners? (not that I plan to win any open races anytime soon :p )

February 19th for sure, although I'm not sure exactly what the status is of the earlier Reliability Trials in Northern Ireland.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

February 19th for sure, although I'm not sure exactly what the status is of the earlier Reliability Trials in Northern Ireland.

They're really just fast sportifs

As per Cycling Ulster
    http://cyclingulster.com/?p=6563
    Reliability trials. These runs allow riders to test their fitness level after a winter’s training. They are essentially leisure runs but are usually fast paced. They are not a race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭fixie fox

The full calendar looks great

Even though you have to pass two misleading headings on the way.
    When you click on Leisure it says "currently no events available". So, why would u look further?
    Just in case you do, and click on Calendar, the next heading say "Leisure Calender 2010" (same for Road in case we feel descriminated).
    All just typical of the shoddiness of the site..

fixie fox wrote: »
    Even though you have to pass two misleading headings on the way.
    When you click on Leisure it says "currently no events available". So, why would u look further?
    Just in case you do, and click on Calendar, the next heading say "Leisure Calender 2010" (same for Road in case we feel descriminated).
    All just typical of the shoddiness of the site..

we will get it changed for you when the official calendar is released. Thats a Draft as I stated earlier . It was put up by me at the request of some of the people here..

but I will ensure its corrected for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

Does anyone know when there will be a downloadable release of the road racing calendar for the forthcoming season?

• Advertisement

smithslist wrote: »
    Does anyone know when there will be a downloadable release of the road racing calendar for the forthcoming season?

yes in a few weeks time. Reason being we want to finalise it and then release it. I was going to release the draft but decided not too until we are satisfied it is correct.

If you really want the draft could you use your google calendar and import CI into it and export it into csv format?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

yes in a few weeks time. Reason being we want to finalise it and then release it. I was going to release the draft but decided not too until we are satisfied it is correct.

If you really want the draft could you use your google calendar and import CI into it and export it into csv format?

Ok thanks for the update morana.

Ive seen the google calendar version, nice going...will use that in the meantime

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cormpat

I know this is going slightly off thread, but I imported the cycling ireland calender into my own google calander which synced with my android phone, but I'm only really interested in the Connacht races as that's where I live. Can someone tell me how I can delete some of the Leinster/Ulster races, etc. from the calender as when I scroll through the calender on my phone in the high race Summer months there's nearly something on every day & will end up missing the races I do want to do as there's just too much info on there :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

cormpat wrote: »
    I know this is going slightly off thread, but I imported the cycling ireland calender into my own google calander which synced with my android phone, but I'm only really interested in the Connacht races as that's where I live. Can someone tell me how I can delete some of the Leinster/Ulster races, etc. from the calender as when I scroll through the calender on my phone in the high race Summer months there's nearly something on every day & will end up missing the races I do want to do as there's just too much info on there :confused:

It's Friday, so off-thread is allowed :-)

go through the google calendar and click on each event you want to plan for and one by one, use the 'copy to my calendar' feature on each event, then remove the CI calendar from your google calendar profile and you'll be left with a filtered set... doesn't take long.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

No sign of the Tain Team Tour :-(

No sign of the Tain Team Tour :-(

It's there. 13-15 of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

yes in a few weeks time...

Hi Morana, I was looking around the CI website, but unfortnately I couldn't find the calendar (other than the google one).
    Last couple of years I seem to remember getting an Excel sheet and that had all the sportives, and also the road races in it.
    Do yee think it might be available shortly? Just so's i can start planning the season for myself :)
    I can use last years in the meantime to get a rough idea of course, but it'd be great to have the 2012 version if possible.
    thanks!
    andy

andy69 wrote: »
    Hi Morana, I was looking around the CI website, but unfortnately I couldn't find the calendar (other than the google one).
    Last couple of years I seem to remember getting an Excel sheet and that had all the sportives, and also the road races in it.
    Do yee think it might be available shortly? Just so's i can start planning the season for myself :)
    I can use last years in the meantime to get a rough idea of course, but it'd be great to have the 2012 version if possible.
    thanks!
    andy

yeah Andy no problem. will sort it out for you today/tomorrow!

andy69 wrote: »
    thanks!
    andy

There you go.

These are provisional and I cant be held responsible for you turning up in the middle of nowhere expecting a race! Also events could be subject to change times, sign-on etc. so keep an eye on CI website as well as Irishcycling.com etc.

now go forth and win!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

LOL, Audix, bad jokes galore are waiting.

Advertisement