Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claymores/Apersmine shells

Options
  • 26-02-2012 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone knows where I could buy a plastic shell for a claymore or similar anti personnel mine, or if they're even available at all.

I'm working on a project to make an airsoft mine and would like to make it look authentic.

Thanks in advance for any info :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Haven't heard of anything like that.

Do you want it to look real or just 'work'*?

You could try something like this but substitute the paper maché with a fibreglass repair kit you can get from most hardware shops.

*by 'work', I don't mean explode :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Rynox45

I'd prefer both really but I'm willing to give some leeway on looks to provide functionality.

Basically, it needs to open from the front similarly to commercially available ones and be re-used. I can make it open myself by cutting it in half and adding a hinge etc.

So sturdy enough not to be broken in half by the force of 'detonation' but more realistic looking than a wooden box painted green :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Rynox45 wrote: »
    I'd prefer both really but I'm willing to give some leeway on looks to provide functionality.

Basically, it needs to open from the front similarly to commercially available ones and be re-used. I can make it open myself by cutting it in half and adding a hinge etc.

So sturdy enough not to be broken in half by the force of 'detonation' but more realistic looking than a wooden box painted green :)

I believe (but could be wrong ) that the lads in Pro-Tac in Kildare have a heap of deactivated claymores :)

Nothing more convincing then real steal :D now while they won't be listed on their website they did have a mountain of them stacked about 4 ft high on a shelf behind the counter so your best bet is to ring them I'd say or drop in if your anywhere near the Curragh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Or you could just buy the airsoft claymores that work by either remote control or by trip wire ,MIA in blanch use to stock them been a while since I've been out to the shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

Gatling wrote: »
    Or you could just buy the airsoft claymores that work by either remote control or by trip wire ,MIA in blanch use to stock them been a while since I've been out to the shop

Ya but they are over-priced (Unless bought abroad, then your playing duty-roulette)

Also there are like four different brands and two of them are sh*te I believe. And I can't remember which, so now it's ACM roulette

• Advertisement
Advertisement