Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

I can't get going at all today...woke up an hour early and was so pleased with myself I said I could close my eyes for a min and then slept in completely.

Procrastion is reaching critical levels today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hey Honey-ec, is the Soap and Glory "No clogs allowed" face mask any good? 'cos I couldn't see the scrub your nose in it one when I looked.

Acoshla - Well they do say laughter is the best medicine :)
    !

Whoever said that never heard of alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Ophiopogon wrote: »

Ahhh, alcohol. The cause of, and solution to, most of life's problems :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CarrieCupcake

Ha! good point! It's a bit early for alcohol and I don't think drunk studying would be very useful =/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I'm gonna try making this buttercream, but I'm having trouble with the ingredients.

I have six buns and want to try the buttercream with them before I make a batch of 24 as I don't want to waste any.

http://www.mandymortimer.com/vanilla-cupcakes/

This is the recipe
    Vanilla Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Enough for a generous swirl of frosting on 24 cupcakes

Ingredients

6 Large Egg Whites, room temperature

300g Granulated White Sugar

525g Unsalted Butter, room temperature

Seeds scraped from 2 vanilla beans

Or

3-4 tsp Vanilla Extract (to taste)

I divided everything (bar the vanilla extract) by six, would these be the correct measurements for six buns?

1 Egg
    50g White Sugar (is it just regular sugar like you use in tea/coffee?)
    87.5g Unsalted Butter
    1-2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I can't get going at all today...woke up an hour early and was so pleased with myself I said I could close my eyes for a min and then slept in completely.

Procrastion is reaching critical levels today.

It's not just me then, good.
    I'm gonna try making this buttercream, but I'm having trouble with the ingredients.

I have six buns and want to try the buttercream with them before I make a batch of 24 as I don't want to waste any.

I divided everything (bar the vanilla extract) by six, would these be the correct measurements for six buns?

1 Egg
    50g White Sugar (is it just regular sugar like you use in tea/coffee?)
    87.5g Unsalted Butter
    1-2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.

Yep that's fine, for swiss meringue regular granulated sugar is fine as you're melting it anyway.

Edit: Or make a 2 egg mix if you want to be sure you have enough.

Acoshla wrote: »
    It's not just me then, good.

Yep that's fine, for swiss meringue regular granulated sugar is fine as you're melting it anyway.

Edit: Or make a 2 egg mix if you want to be sure you have enough.
    Thanks so much.

I just realised I haven't got any unsalted butter, so I'll need to use stork or utterly butterly until I get some, although I know the cream won't turn out the same, still, at least I'll have a good idea of how it'll turn out when done right.

Thanks so much.

I just realised I haven't got any unsalted butter, so I'll need to use stork or utterly butterly until I get some, although I know the cream won't turn out the same, still, at least I'll have a good idea of how it'll turn out when done right.

Good God don't use Utterly Butterly, gak. You can use regular butter for the attempt, it will be saltier obviously but the consistency will be more accurate than if you were using stork etc.

Edit: These posts would probably be much better off in Cake & Pie as they are direct food/recipe questions, instead of going so far off topic here. Not trying to get at you Muffin, just with all the talk recently about how this thread is performing it might be best to keep things that can definitely go into more related sections in them?

My dad is off to Oz for a few months this weekend...so jealous he's getting away from the greyness.

• Advertisement

Good God don't use Utterly Butterly, gak. You can use regular butter for the attempt, it will be saltier obviously but the consistency will be more accurate than if you were using stork etc.

Edit: These posts would probably be much better off in Cake & Pie as they are direct food/recipe questions, instead of going so far off topic here. Not trying to get at you Muffin, just with all the talk recently about how this thread is performing it might be best to keep things that can definitely go into more related sections in them?
    Utterly Butterly and Stork are all I have at the moment :( I'll get some unsalted butter in town today :)

Aye your right the cake & pie forum would be better, sorry guys!

It's REALLY weird when you come across someone on facebook who you don't know, but you have two or more mutual friends (or enemies as it happens) from completely different parts/locations of your life, how does that happen?? Ireland is tiny.

It's REALLY weird when you come across someone on facebook who you don't know, but you have two or more mutual friends (or enemies as it happens) from completely different parts/locations of your life, how does that happen?? Ireland is tiny.

This just happened to me last week where I got a friend suggestion for someone I knew 15 years ago, turns out we are mutual friends with someone else but I can't for the life of me see how they would've met.

I was seeing if I could find a bhuna recipe for tofu so googled tofu bhuna and got "did you mean beef bhuna" Tofu doesn't compute with google :pac:

This just happened to me last week where I got a friend suggestion for someone I knew 15 years ago, turns out we are mutual friends with someone else but I can't for the life of me see how they would've met.

It's happened before that a friend of mine who is from Cavan but lives in Oz now (Galway when she's here) is friends with someone I know from Kerry, who in turn is friends with another person I know from Galway who lives in Dublin, so weird! Just now I spotted a boardsie who is friends with my ex boyfriend's girfriend, both from entirely different parts of the country...weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Links234 wrote: »
    Hey Honey-ec, is the Soap and Glory "No clogs allowed" face mask any good? 'cos I couldn't see the scrub your nose in it one when I looked.

Haven't used it yet, but had a look in Boots there at lunch and it looks really good. I may have to buy it for myself!

Does anyone else get sick of the app requests/event requests?! I get them nearly every week, am fed up of them.

Every time I get one I block the person who sent it to me from sending me more invites. God only knows how many apps I have blocked at this stage. :/

New books, yay!

I hardly ever get app/event requests, you must be more popular than I am :)

After weeks of eating crap food and way too much of it I've reached the tipping point, have had mainly fresh fruit juices since Friday (had nothing but juice for 24 hours Sun-Mon except for an emergency chocolate bar at 11pm Sunday night), and now I can't face eating anything. Had a few mouthfuls of porridge at 9.30, have fruit juices, water, lunch, cake, more cake, and don't want any of it, it's good and it's bad :o:) Hopefully my Jan/Feb binge is over, it was getting ridiculous. Weirdly I was starving last night at 1am and then not hungry at all this morning, huh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Meh. Ash wednesday today. So i'm going off all things bad! Boo!!!

Oh the plus side, this time next week I will have my new phone! Yay! I've never bought myself a phone that was so expensive before! Gonna get insurance until I leave for canada!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jay phelan

I think I'm being ignored by someone on Facebook, after chatting to a mutual friend of them they also seem to be getting ignored by them? It's really strange and starting to get a bit distracting because I don't want to loose touch!

How come when people start dating they forget they have friends?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Haven't used it yet, but had a look in Boots there at lunch and it looks really good. I may have to buy it for myself!
    ah well, may as well treat myself ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MsAllybear

trying but failing to be happy and optimistic, going away for wknd, should be all excited and happy but being honest i just couldnt be arsed! this is not me! i get excited going to dublin for a day so this is ridiculous!
    gonna see family but thats not even getting me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm all excited to see my bf and have him make me pancakes. I love him so much. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Done it, signed up for my first 'mini' marathon......

Done it, signed up for my first 'mini' marathon......

Good woman!

I'm writing off today...it began in failure and is continuing in failure so I'm just going to give in to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Well done grindelwald! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

That new Train song is a catchy little ditty :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Feeling very miserable today :(
    Have throat, ears and chest infection. Off work for the rest of the week :(:(

No word from the flirtatious man-child since. Pity. I'm nowhere near ready to start seeing someone, but a text flirtation would have been more than welcome as a distraction...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Honey-ec wrote: »
    No word from the flirtatious man-child since. Pity. I'm nowhere near ready to start seeing someone, but a text flirtation would have been more than welcome as a distraction...

Send him a flirty text, get the ball rolling ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement