Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantasy star online 2

• 19-02-2012 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭

PSO2.jpg

I have enjoyed the past Phantasy Star games on the megadrive PSO2 looks absolutely Amazing. i never got a chance to play Phantasy Star Online on the dreamcast but im pretty blown away with the way PSO2 shaping up to be.
    Still no Current Release Date for Europe/America but fingers crossed it comes over ...

if i find any further news i be sure to keep this thread posted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭megaten

I'm cautious of MMO's but I've always loved PSO's art direction. I might get just to appreciate the graphics if it's solo friendly. Though I doubt it will be.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,697 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd probably play this if it came out over here. I had my first taste of Phantasy Star Online recently in a friends house when we played the GC version in 4 player split screen mode. It was good fun and was like a more action focused diablo.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Are there Mags?

Because if there aren't, then screw that game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,697 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's definitely MAGs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The MMO landscape has shifted since PSO's release.

Let's hope they build on what made PSO so famous & loved in the first place, and ignore all the crap WoW added.

And maybe I won't miss it this time around ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,568 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Listening to the Gianbombcast last week they werent too confident it would be released in EU/US unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

VinLieger wrote: »
    Listening to the Gianbombcast last week they werent too confident it would be released in EU/US unfortunately

which i cant quite understand , they can just release it digitaliy on steam or something.. it would sell quite well hear if not better than japan

which i cant quite understand , they can just release it digitaliy on steam or something.. it would sell quite well hear if not better than japan

If they're willing to bring over the psp games I'm sure they'd be willing to bring out one that actually has a shot of making money.

megaten wrote: »
    If they're willing to bring over the psp games I'm sure they'd be willing to bring out one that actually has a shot of making money.

Psp game sold about a million copies , or near it anyways

thats what i like to think anyways ...:pac:

Psp game sold about a million copies , or near it anyways

thats what i like to think anyways ...:pac:

In the west?

• Advertisement

megaten wrote: »
    In the west?

globally .. not sure on the exact number , close enough to million anyways .

people still go nuts for phantasy star

As far as I'm aware the PSP games bombed outside japan. They were only popular in Japan because they were monster hunter clones and came out at a time that any game that was a monster hunter clone was a gauranteed million seller in japan. Sega burnt a lot of bridges with the PSO fanbase with PS universe but a lot would still like to see a return to the original style of gameplay.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware the PSP games bombed outside japan. They were only popular in Japan because they were monster hunter clones and came out at a time that any game that was a monster hunter clone was a gauranteed million seller in japan. Sega burnt a lot of bridges with the PSO fanbase with PS universe but a lot would still like to see a return to the original style of gameplay.

interesting , think you are right just checked vgchartz Phantasy star portable 2 sle 810,000

620,000 copies in japan
    80,000 in europe
    70,000 in america
    50,000 rest of the world

cant say thats bad though considering psp pretty much dead in the west and was used as far i know it was bought cause it was easy to hack

Valkyria Chronicles 2 sold better in the West I believe and Sega have that down as a bomb.

Valkyria Chronicles 2 sold better in the West I believe and Sega have that down as a bomb.

Sega shot themselves in the foot by bringing it to the psp but i think they only done that cause japaneese spend more time on handhelds than sitting at home playing consoles

Well pso2 still in alpha stages ( i think ) and japan has not a solid release date yet .. So im still hopeful

They should make it free to play, plenty of obscure japanese MMO's have been doing good business on a FTP model in the West like Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine.

They should make it free to play, plenty of obscure japanese MMO's have been doing good business on a FTP model in the West like Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine.

i have no doubt it be free to play , many mmo are FTP These days or went to FTP and just used micro transactions , only mmo i can think off are PTP are star wars old republic and WOW

guild wars gone ftp, DCUO Went ftp , the upcoming marvel mmo is FTP

It be bad business for it to be PTP Structure cause its being 12 years since PSO proper game so best way to bring players in is to be a FTP model and getting the ball rolling

Has now been annouced for ps vita , be able to play on same servers as pc gamers

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/339375/phantasy-star-online-2-announced-for-ps-vita/

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Has now been annouced for ps vita , be able to play on same servers as pc gamers

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/339375/phantasy-star-online-2-announced-for-ps-vita/

If I didn't already have one, I'd be sold. Grinding my MAGs on the toilet, truly we are living in a golden age.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Varik

At least they're some plans in place for it, can't understand how so many Japanese games still stick to the old wait until it's out in Japan before starting on localization. Most developers can't afford to limit a game to one console let along one region, there would be some examples of games not warranting a western release but planning for something is always cheaper than trying to do it after the fact.

Phantasy Star Creator tool is available for everyone to give ago

http://segabits.com/blog/2012/04/07/phantasy-star-online-2-pc-character-creator-demo-out-now-download-here/

Also Phantasy star has be announced it be free to play , so no matter the outcome fore a western release , we still can play it

http://segabits.com/blog/2012/04/13/how-currency-in-phantasy-star-online-2-will-work/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

imagine if it came out on XBLA and was free to play, that would be lovely! still, a vita suddenly sounds much more appealing to me.

Artwork looks fantastic , this is by far the best work sonic team have done in years , they are really stepping up their game big time

bNsuA.jpg

Phantasy star online 2 open beta will begin june 21st

So it begins :pac:

Phantasy star starts today download link is here

http://pso2.jp/players/download/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Might jump into this, even though I would be wandering through menus with no idea what I am clicking. PSO was a blast back in the days o' the DC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

there's a pretty good translation of the menu's over on pso-world.com

• Advertisement

Phantasy star online 2 confirmed for western release 2013

Defiently getting a gaming pc now :D

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/357112/phantasy-star-online-2-set-for-early-2013-western-release/

Advertisement