Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archer

Options
  • 22-09-2011 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭

Suprised there is no thread on this yet, just started a minirun into its 3rd season and it is by far the funniest animation on t.v. at the moment and has suprisingly well rounded characters that have quite a lot of depht to them. Think Arrested development meets James Bond and your not far off the mark. The first season was gold, but the second season is really where this show came into its own particulary
    the two parter where Archer gets breast cancer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Just watched the newest episode last night. Feckin hilarious. I love this show and between it and Bobs burgers I must rattle off a few quotes every day.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

woah, Archer and Bob's Burgers? You sure you're not my brother?? lol

Ya, just started S3 of Archer there; great start to the new season. Loved the interplay between the characters and the guest voice cameos were great. Looking forward to 3.02. Love the very different animation style/look as well :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

3.02 was out at the weekend, 3.03 is at the end of this week

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭LauraW7746

This show is hilarious, only started watching recently but have watched all episodes now, unfortunately have to wait till January now for the next part of season 3..... Dangazone!! :)

if you've only just got into archer, check out frisky dingo

its the show everyone behind archer did before archer.. it's quite a bit more "random" than archer. 2 seasons of 10 minute episodes, 13 seasons each. the first 2 eps aren't the best cos they are just introducing the characters but ep3 onwards is just comedy genius.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭LauraW7746

Thanks will definitely check it out :)

if you've only just got into archer, check out frisky dingo

its the show everyone behind archer did before archer.. it's quite a bit more "random" than archer. 2 seasons of 10 minute episodes, 13 seasons each. the first 2 eps aren't the best cos they are just introducing the characters but ep3 onwards is just comedy genius.

Just got internet in at the right time so :D

Thought the 3 episodes were very good, though I've watched the first one probably too much at this point. I've also irritated most of my mates at this point because every time they ask me to do something I question if it's a ruse or not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

Does anybody know where I can watch this on TV?I think its on FX but I cant find when its on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Finished watching this over the past few weeks. One of the most consistently funny shows (let alone animated show) I've ever seen. Can't wait for season 3.

Lana.

Lana.

LAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAA

"WHAT???????????"

Isnt the first episode of the new season meant to be back tonight in the states. 19th of January was the rumoured date right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Burt Freakin' Reynolds! I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my throbbing erection...

Hasn't missed a beat.

JUST TAPE EM UP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wow they went all out with 3D car chases and all!!!! to quote saints row 3 (video game) "Burt F**king Reynolds" :D

You could drown a toddler in my panties right now...

Seriously, Pam is awesome.

I really enjoyed episode 2. Had numerous actual laugh out loud moments. Most looked forward to cartoon for me at the moment.
    OT but I'm currently working my way through Home Movies on netflix now too. (Jon H Benjamin does some voice work in it)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

just caught episode 3; it's really enjoyable. Archer's definitely hit it's stride. Digging the jump in production values/setpieces as well

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Ah the return of Baboo. Hopefully he'll be Archers sidekick from now on.

LANA

HE REMEMBERS ME!!

YES! ALL OF IT! YOU FOX-EARED ASSHOLE!

Great episode, really really funny. The show continues to get better and better...

that entire conversation in the police car at the end, bloody genius

• Advertisement

Well thanks, Freddie Foreshadowing!

Genius

Felt the ending of the last episode was a bit flat but still a good one overall!

Woodhouse has also grown a bit of a backbone.

didn't think the episode was up to the very high Archer standard tbh. It wasn't hilariously funny and left me feeling a little disappointed. I'll watch it again to see if it improves on a second viewing (most every episode does) but first impressions weren't great.

yeah it wasn't a great ep, especially compared to the fantastic openers of the season
    but all my misgivings were forgiven when mr ford showed up at the end
    his ass really is everywhere

some good bits in this ep.. wasn't great though

I thought it was excellent, far better than last weeks. Loved Carol putting on the posh voice!

Well hello there, game changer!

Pam gets all the best lines!

"did it mention anything about a rubber?"

"it did not"

oh archer

there's no coming back from this

saying that I would imagine she is great in the sack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes