Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fianna Fail's Top 100 Strokes - Add Yours

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Giving their female TDs ministerial jobs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Doing nothing to end 30 years of conflict in the north....oh wait

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

being completely inept, but "ah shurrr arent we grand, here, have planning permission to build your 4 bedroom house in an elevated & unspoiled location. Remember me at election time"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

lastlaugh wrote: »
    Shryke wrote: »
    Overseeing it in the worst fashion possible. Are you actually serious?

:rolleyes:
    Haters gonna hate.

Maybe they wouldn't if they weren't given so many astronomically valid reasons to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Iodine Tablets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Maybe they wouldn't if they weren't given so many astronomically valid reasons to?

Liam, I don't log on here to have depressing political debates or point score against other posters.

I like to try and have a laugh on here, although you may view this as simplistic and idiotic, I really couldn't give a flying F*ck to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Kishogue Train Station

lastlaugh wrote: »

Liam, I don't log on here to have depressing political debates or point score against other posters.

I like to try and have a laugh on here, although you may view this as simplistic and idiotic, I really couldn't give a flying F*ck to be honest.

Nothing funny or original about the repeated-ad-nauseum phrase "haters gonna hate".

If and when you come up with a post that's original and funny that we can have a laugh at, let us know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

It's founder being instrumental in the cause and start of the Civil War; in part over the pledge of allegiance to the english monarch and then swearing the oath in 1927 to claim power with FF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Inverse to the power of one!

2 pages in and no mention of the bank guarantee!!! :O

Probably the biggest fúck-up in international financial history!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Charley Mc Creevy I generally blame him for most the mess we are in, but I always remember him abolishing the betting tax. He is generally known for enjoying a flutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Allowing Enda become our leader uncontested, a few years of this bimbo and the people will forgive and forget.

laugh wrote: »
    Allowing Enda become our leader uncontested, a few years of this bimbo and the people will forgive and forget.

Hopefully not.

Swapping lying idiots in and out won't improve our lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭cml387

The list is endless

Giving full driving licenses to people who had two provisional licenses.

The great "decentralisation" disaster.

Buying out the Talbot workers by giving them wages for life to do nothing.

Abolishing rates on private homes, now having to be re-introduced at the worst possible time.

Getting your election agent to vote for you twice.

Threatening phone calls to Uachtaran na h-Eireann

Planting trees and removing said trees after election

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Constab2

Lisbon 1 & 2
    Shell to sea(shameful collusion of State powers & big business)
    The HSE
    NAMA
    & the famous 'We are not in discussions with the IMF'
    They(FF) & sister party(FG) have destroyed & will destroy respectively my kids future ,Not long before Wife & I will be waving goodbye at the airport to the two of them,educated,qualified,leaving.Totally depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cabbage kid

Attempting to shuffle the cabinet just before the election so more of the bastards could get a ride on the gravy train, if only for a short while.

Giving the Catholic church a deal limiting the amount they had to pay into a compensation fund for child abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

Things that involved high levels of planning and yet the end product was hugely flawed.

e.g. not connecting the two Luas lines.

Not creating the underground Metro, which would have made access to Dublin Airport easier, sooner. No, instead they offset the budget surpluses on bonuses for already overpaid figureheads and politicians and SW add-ons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The whole of the mid west could see Dells plan years before they happened.
    Now maybe there was nothing the government could do to be fair. But send two ministers to Texas after the decision was made?
    Why weren't they out there lobbying three, two and one year before it happened?

cml387 wrote: »
    Buying out the Talbot workers by giving them wages for life to do nothing.

What's this?

I have googled, couldn't find anything

mikemac1 wrote: »
    The whole of the mid west could see Dells plan years before they happened.
    Now maybe there was nothing the government could do to be fair. But send two ministers to Texas after the decision was made?
    Why weren't they out there lobbying three, two and one year before it happened?

What's this?

I have googled, couldn't find anything

Here you are:

A typical example was the Talbot car workers dispute in 1981. Talbot wished to close its assembly plant in Santry, north Dublin. Haughey, desperate not to have a messy dispute on his constituency doorstep on the eve of an election, simply guaranteed the workers that the State - i.e. everyone else in Ireland - would pay their salaries!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

Nothing funny or original about the repeated-ad-nauseum phrase "haters gonna hate".

If and when you come up with a post that's original and funny that we can have a laugh at, let us know!

Liam, what's this 'we' business?

I'm sure I've made some people laugh at some of my posts, and I like the thoughts of that to be honest.

Your posts are extremely boring and depressing. You seem like a bitter, judgemental individual and I actually kind of feel sorry for you a little bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Blowing €1,000,000,000 on luas. No matter how many times I've heard this story it doesn't add up. Plenty of people around that project with heavy pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

Making us work untill we are 68 before getting the old age pension.
    Day light robbers. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

We all partied

No we all fcuking hell did not party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Putting a morbidly obese person in charge of the nations health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

2 pages in and no mention of the bank guarantee!!! :O

Probably the biggest fúck-up in international financial history!
    LABOUR LEADER Eamon Gilmore repeated his charge of “economic treason” against the Taoiseach.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0113/1224287413015.html

Never forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Western Rail Corridor.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

One of the daftest schemes they ever dreamed up

Put housing estates in small villages where there is hardly any employment.

An overheated property market and they give tax breaks for all this

And for what? Many of these are empties now and will likely get knocked.

They had some succuss with Section 50 which built modern accomadation for students and that scheme did pretty well and served a purpose. Rented accomdation by third level institutes

But building estates in villages? :confused:

Advertisement