Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game of Thrones [HBO & Sky Atlantic] **Spoilers** (Read Warning Post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Just saw on Facebook, April 1st in the US so Id imagine very soon after that on Sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Thanks guys,

Something to look forward to.

Mad Men in March, Game of Thrones back in April.

Walking Dead back on in February....

Varied taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

This is going to be bloody amazing...

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭fizzlepurplefuz

Game of Thrones Season 2 premieres in the states April 1st :):)

If it follows the same schedule as last year we should have it on sky atlantic on the 2nd :):) heres hoping :)

Only 79 days to go :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Any chance they will replay series 1 on SKy before then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Miprocin

Probably, yes. They repeated Season 1 of Boardwalk Empire before Season 2 started.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Big Nelly wrote: »

I would expect so. Sky will like the extra ratings before Season 2 even airs.

However I would expect it to start pretty soon in that case, maybe with Ep 10 the night before the Sky premiere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

After finishing the books recently I'll be interested to see season 2, this is the one book in the series I would say will benefit from TV making it shorter and more compressed. Found it very hard work to read up until the last 1/4 or so.

For me it's a case of hurry up and get season 2 out of the way so we can have season 3 sooner !!!!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

any chance wed have a damn forum by then,

breaking bad just got one and its heading into its final season (and long overdue i must say, the forum, not the show:D),

c'mon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Currently reading "Blood and Gold" and have to say I really don't think that each TV series will be specifically set to one book. If they did, people who haven't read the books wouldn't have a feckin clue what's going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭stesaurus

calex71 wrote: »
    After finishing the books recently I'll be interested to see season 2, this is the one book in the series I would say will benefit from TV making it shorter and more compressed. Found it very hard work to read up until the last 1/4 or so.

For me it's a case of hurry up and get season 2 out of the way so we can have season 3 sooner !!!!!!! :)

Season 2 will be a mix of books 2-3 so that it flows better overall and keeps all the characters visible.

Really looking forward to this and hopefully they'll green-light the next few series soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Once this season takes off I can imagine HBO green-lighting seasons 3 and 4 before the end of April.

The best thing about GoT for me is that the hype has been generated through the oldest form of advertising and the cheapest: word of mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

they have been repeating it recently

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Are the books as good as the show?

Are the books as good as the show?

Better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I can't wait any longer. Never before have I taken to a show so quickly.

Delighted Peter Dinklage won a golden globe as well, he was brilliant in the first season.

peter-dinklage-golden-globes.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,172 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Any word on the GOT/ASOIAF forum? I see that it got approved but can't find it in either Arts > Television or Sci-Fi / Fantasy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

It's been approved forever (okay, 3 months) but still no sign of it from what I can see. I suppose there's probably a lot to figure out regarding moderating, spoilers and all that.

I check the New Forums section every day!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I sought for an update on the relevant Moderators sub-forum and am awaiting a reply. That was 1.5 weeks ago so some of us mods are just as much in the dark!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

We're getting a new tralier Sunday. Can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Only gotten around to watching this now. I found the 1st 2 episodes abit hard to get into and the story slow but I'm glad that I stuck with it. Its an excellent show and I know its following a book (which I didnt know about until now) but I was very impressed with the whole execution of Eddard. I thought Sean Bean was in it for the long haul so I pleasantly surprised/shocked with that scene. I liked the way they shot it too, my heart sank when his did. Alot can be said for not looking at promos, hearing/reading spoilers, it would have sucked all the enjoyment out of that scene if I knew what that little runt was going to do! :pac:

Only a short wait for me until season 2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Dempsey wrote: »
    Only gotten around to watching this now. I found the 1st 2 episodes abit hard to get into and the story slow but I'm glad that I stuck with it. Its an excellent show and I know its following a book (which I didnt know about until now) but I was very impressed with the whole execution of Eddard. I thought Sean Bean was in it for the long haul so I pleasantly surprised/shocked with that scene. I liked the way they shot it too, my heart sank when his did. Alot can be said for not looking at promos, hearing/reading spoilers, it would have sucked all the enjoyment out of that scene if I knew what that little runt was going to do! :pac:

to be fair to most people on this board i never saw eddards death coming, must have been excruciation for some people not to say anything about it,

fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Dempsey wrote: »

it'll be interesting to see how Sky market it
    without Sean Bean as he was the face of the show in the first season marketing ads and tv spots, he'll hes on the cover of the first book now as well since they redid it to fit in with the tv show

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

How did the guy who Ned executed in the first episode get from beyond the wall to the middle of a field in Winterfell?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

don ramo wrote: »
    to be fair to most people on this board i never saw eddards death coming, must have been excruciation for some people not to say anything about it,

fair play

It was quite hard to keep zipped. The worse was reading 'what if....' posts and speculation about how the Ned Stark would avenge his friend against the Lannisters. You just knew that poster was going to get a shock soon!

How did the guy who Ned executed in the first episode get from beyond the wall to the middle of a field in Winterfell?

There are many ways to cross the wall. Just not in numbers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

krudler wrote: »
    it'll be interesting to see how Sky market it
    without Sean Bean as he was the face of the show in the first season marketing ads and tv spots, he'll hes on the cover of the first book now as well since they redid it to fit in with the tv show

In fairness, I doubt that will be needed. Game of Thrones has generated more than enough praise & hype to stand on its own two legs in series 2, without the need for actor-specific marketing.

Easy enough to market it in Ireland with the face of Littlefinger after the success of Love/Hate. No idea about the UK though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah but why would you bother? Game of Thrones very quickly became on of 2011's "Must watch" programs; the buzz generated by that has more value than splashing some actor's face on a poster. Hell, GoT even has its own memes - that's value you can't buy ;)

• Advertisement

Oh it probably doesn't need to be advertised, but it will to maximise popularity. I'm just speculating on how they will market it.

Advertisement