Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle Leslie Prize

Options
  • 23-01-2012 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

On 24th October I received an email from Castle Leslie estate informing me of a prize that I had won in their hotel saying:
    "Congratulations on winning our 2 night break at Castle Leslie Estate via the www.ireland.com website.Your fantastic prizes includes 2 nights bed and full Irish breakfast for 2 people in a Castle Heritage Bedroom with dinner on one evening plus a bottle of bubbly!

I left a voicemail for you on Friday. Please do let me know what dates you would like to stay and I can book everything for you.

We look forward to welcoming you to Castle Leslie Estate,
    Warmest Regards,
    Eimear"

I replied saying that I didn't have dates in mind & wondered how long the prize was valid for & was told that it was for 6 months. Last week I email trying to book the 24th & 25th February to use my prize & got an email back today informing me that the prize is only valid midweek. After quering this & some emailing back & forth in relation to this matter I received the following:
    "I am the Marketing Manager for Castle Leslie Estate. Apologies but I thought this was communicated to you via Irish Times Digital Group. I should have reiterated it to you in my first email. Please see email below from Hannah Bates.
    Kind Regards,
    Eimear.

<SNIP>
    Sent: Thu 20/10/2011 11:19
    To: Eimear Winters
    Subject: Re: Castle Leslie Comp

Hi Emer

The prize:

Overnight stay (midweek) for 2 people in one of the Heritage Bedrooms. Full Irish Breakfast and dinner plus a bottle of bubbly is included.

Hannah"

Three points here:
    1. The first "prize" is a two night stay & the other is a one night stay
    2. In the first there is no mention of it being valid midweek only & the second does
    3. I only ever got the email about the two night prize
    When I returned an email with these points I received the following reply:
    "As I mentioned in my last email, it is a midweek prize. When we conduct competitions, our prizes are midweek. I forwarded you the email from Hannah Bates to illustrate that it was a midweek prize.
    Please do let me know what dates you would like to avail of between Sunday and Thursday.

Kind Regards,
    Eimear."

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do about this as it is obviously much preferable to go at a weekend & this is the prize I was lead to believe I had won if this was my choice.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

It's not entirely clear where the misunderstanding arose. That would need to be teased out.

I presume that you won some kind of competition. Have you any way of finding the terms and conditions of your competition entry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ewinters

It's not entirely clear where the misunderstanding arose. That would need to be teased out.

I presume that you won some kind of competition. Have you any way of finding the terms and conditions of your competition entry?

In order to clarify the above query, I did send a screen shot of the competition which was entered and I attach once more for your reference. Eimear Winters, Castle Leslie Estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

That seems pretty conclusive: the headline reads "Win an overnight midweek break at Castle Leslie".

If OP doesn't want it, can I have it, please?

Advertisement