Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registered Post

Options
  • 19-01-2012 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I sent a letter by registered post to filmmakers in Iran 19 December 2011. Track & Trace stated that it was received in Great Britain 4 January 2012. The reason for sending it by registered post was that I had initially sent an email but it was returned stating 'that name is not in our database so unable to send.' Just wondering whether the letter will eventually reach its destination or would I need to contact someone else?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

barbscu wrote: »
    I sent a letter by registered post to filmmakers in Iran 19 December 2011. Track & Trace stated that it was received in Great Britain 4 January 2012. The reason for sending it by registered post was that I had initially sent an email but it was returned stating 'that name is not in our database so unable to send.' Just wondering whether the letter will eventually reach its destination or would I need to contact someone else?

Thanks for your help.

Have you tried asking An Post?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 barbscu

Yes, I sent two emails to customer service but they have not replied.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

Have you tried entering the An Post Tracking Number on the Iran Post website?
    http://www.post.ir/ Track and Trace Parcel page http://tntsearch.post.ir/

I have never sent anything to or received anything from Iran, but I have tracked items using the Post Office websites of various other countries. The item usually gets a new tracking number when it arrives in the destination country, but if you enter the original tracking code, there is usually a link to the new tracking history.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You're wasting your time with email with An Post, they're a bureaucratic organisation, and email is their sworn enemy. Pick up the phone and talk to someone. And be persistent, don't take no for an answer. Politely.

dahamsta, Yes, the phone would be best thing with these people but I don't use it due to hearing difficulty.

Thank you so much for the reply

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Get someone else to do it for you? Isn't there a device that allows the hard of hearing to use the phone? I thought that was well established tech at this stage. Anyway, that's neither here not there, my point stands about wasting your time. You'll get a quicker response with a letter.

Thanks. I'll check on that device.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cloudflyer

i sent a registered letter to england containing 200 pound sterling. i no stupid. but when the lettter arrived it was clear it had been opened and the money removed also the letter had been put in letterbox without any signature. is there anything i can do to get my money back surely an post will have to acknowledge that they did not do their job properly buy not getting the letter signed. i no it is royal mail but i paid an post for the service. if you look up the terms and conditions on the website nothing is actually covered no socuments passports cash coins jewellery , what is the point of registered post so.. since i started asking people about this nearly every 1 i have spoken to has had stuff robbed in the post over the last two years. i have filled out a complaint form with an post as of yet no one has gotten back to me. can any body advise me what is the best coarse of action in this case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Mail or Postage questions CallSave 1850 57 58 59 or call 01-705 7600 - it always is best practice to follow up a written complaint with a phonecall. :)

Advertisement