Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Well lads and lasses, if ever there was a question as to whether or not living in close quarters will eventually lead to syncronisation of ones period, that apalling attempt at a tag-team boards smackdown by Mak and Kev provided the answer.

Poor ol' Confab didn't go putting either of you on the spot - You took it on yourselves to get all hot around the collar over it, and you sure came off the worse for wear by my reckoning. In my head I pictured a pair of fat, bald, middle aged British wrestlers getting a slap each in the back of the head from two oul' wans handbags.

Mak, your son's a grown up, well able to pick a fight and no doubt man enough to get bet back into a corner and go down for the count when it comes down to it, especially if he picks a silly little row where he sure as hell won't win, like in this instance. It's hardly like Kev was the underdog fighting the good fight - He got his knickers in a twist over something he shouldn't have instead of dropping Confab a PM asking him to maybe rephrase what he'd written. Your 'contributions' reflected poorly on you for sure so don't bitch at Gary and other folks who point it out as you're only going to look all the worse for it.

Kev, you're right, what Confab does with the car is none of your business. There's a lesson to learn here - If you care about a car (or anything else for that matter) don't sell it. If you sell it you've traded the right to give two little browns about it for a ball of cash. Crash it, burn it, break it - Doesn't matter, none of your business. You told the man what you told the man, timing belt, history, whatever was said was said. He didn't come on here bad mouthing you personally, just asking a question and making a throw-away comment about clocking in the process, but you took it as some form of slight and decided to defend something that didn't need defending....settle down and read on.....

Confab. The rub. Here it is....

What were you thinking buying a car so close to a timing belt service interval without factoring it into the buying price, eh? Mileage - 5k either way is irrelevant. Did you think the timing belt fairies would continue to sprinkle their magic timing belt conditioning dust on it until it suited you to rack up 10 months of motoring? I bloody well hope not. Maybe they sent a 'pre-purchase give it the once over fairy' to make sure you weren't buying something that's probably a bit silly if you can't afford to do the timing belt for another 6 months? No? Oh....

For the love of the V8 Gods why do people keep doing these things? Lads, if a timing belt change is almost due, get it done as soon as you buy the car. If it's not done recently take it that you have no choice if you're on a bloody budget. Get a mechanic to check it out for you or at least bring someone who isn't distracted by a nice stereo and leather seats to try to talk some sense into you when you can't afford to run what you're just buying. What happens if something else that's costly to fix fails in the meantime, or if the belt goes? You can hardly expect a private seller to sort you out, especially if they've warned you in advance, can you? No's the answer. (That was in fact a rhetorical question - I'm answering it 'just in case' you understand)

Still, I suppose you can always sit in the nice red leather seats and listen to your chooons of a morning, while you wait for the bus. Maybe if you're nice to Kev he'll give you a lift too. Bet you he's driving the fiesta backwards and keeps quoting Ferris Buellers Day Off though.... tongue.gif

If there's a need to reply, I suggest everyone take a second look at the first paragraph and that we all just cut you some 'time of the month' slack. You're welcome.

I'm kidding. Cool the jets. biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Ladies and gents, that issue from last night has been dealt with and we'll leave it at that before bans are dished out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

How come you spelt ladies correctly but only put gents for gentlemen? Thats discrimination right there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

BeardyGit wrote: »
    Bet you he's driving the fiesta backwards and keeps quoting Ferris Buellers Day Off though....

I laughed way to hard at this :D

FerrisBueller2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Who killed the tags ?? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

MugMugs wrote: »
    Who killed the tags ?? :(

wasn't me

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

wasn't me

Silly question maybe but how are thread tags created in the first place?

The fairies mentioned in BeardyGits post usually manage them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Silly question maybe but how are thread tags created in the first place?

In the bottom, there is a box with tags and a link "edit tags".

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

EPM wrote: »
    The fairies mentioned in BeardyGits post usually manage them.

PM's kbannon for less perceptive Mods. :D

• Advertisement

Marlow wrote: »
    In the bottom, there is a box with tags and a link "edit tags".

/M

Cheers M.

Spotted that in the mean time - never use them TBH!

Lack of caffeine in here today methinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

It's Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I'm afraid to post in here again in case I start professing my undieing love for you TestTransmission

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I'm afraid to post in here again in case I start professing my undieing love for you TestTransmission

Quoted for posterity:D

EPM wrote: »
    Quoted for posterity:D
    I'm screwed in here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Loving some of these sigs lads, johnos1984 is in pole position at the moment I think

langdang wrote: »
    Loving some of these sigs lads, johnos1984 is in pole position at the moment I think
    I think someone needs to conduct a poll..........and i'll accept a packet of Marlboro Gold if win...........and cash

I think someone needs to conduct a poll..........and i'll accept a packet of Marlboro Gold if win...........and cash

You'd be doing well to get a light for one of the smokes tbh...

Confab wrote: »
    It's Wednesday.

Wednesdays are awesome

Unfortunately, the feeling is not mutual

• Advertisement

Confab wrote: »
    It's Wednesday.

Wednesdays are awesome

Unfortunately, the feeling is not mutual
    Rejected again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Right, so apparently my local independant wants €25 a corner to fit and balance tyres for me... :-/

Anyone have any recommendations for somewhere in the Dublin area that is reasonable for fitting and balancing? This seems to actually be harder to sort than I would have first imagined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Most polite robbery you will ever see

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0e9_1326324903

dar83 wrote: »
    Right, so apparently my local independant wants €25 a corner to fit and balance tyres for me... :-/

Anyone have any recommendations for somewhere in the Dublin area that is reasonable for fitting and balancing? This seems to actually be harder to sort than I would have first imagined.

Expensive, cost me €20 for 4 fitted and balanced last time around ;)

Someone posted a link and recommendation a few days ago on the main forum for a mobile crowd doing it for €50

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Hmmmm, mobile crowd you say. Would their balancing be any use I wonder, but €50 sounds quite cheap....

Expensive, cost me €20 for 4 fitted and balanced last time around ;)

€20 a corner surely?:eek::eek::eek:

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    €20 a corner surely?:eek::eek::eek:

Nope, 20 for the 4

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

I know one of the local tyrefitters also fits at a 5'er a corner including balancing, if you don't want him to dispose of your old tyres. But that's in the wescht :) So no use for you Dubs.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Tt 180bhp quattro
    Ep3
    325ci e46
    Vrs tfsi
    525i e39
    A powerful s40, 93
    Saab 95
    Accord ivtec
    Other.