Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I was 14 stone when I was made redundant in November 2010. With the time off and keeping up exercising since then I'm down to about 12.5 :)

I would still like to give up the cigs and get as toned as I used be :(

Corkie - I think everyone tries to get an idea of what other users look like. For some reason I think RJ has a beard!

Two friends of mine who were pretty fat lost their jobs last year. Now they're proactively looking for jobs merely to fuel nights out in the pursuit of skirt with their new bodies. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

RoverJames wrote: »
    I'm over 16 stone :)

Skinny bastard, I'm 18 and a half at the minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

johnos1984 wrote: »
    It's certainly worth it for anyone thinking about it. Give me a PM if you have any questions..........I lost 3 stone :)

MugsMug swimming is great though as an easy enough one to do. Mind you I'm knocking back the smokes

I might be in touch. Last Christmas I was 12 and a half stone, I'm pushing 15 and a half now. The year spent commuting half the length of the country most days and my back been putting a steady dampner on things for the last 3 or 4 months means even if I wanted to do more about it I couldnt.

I'm good on the smokes since I've been laid up though. I have had about 3 sneaky ones in the last few days though, hope I dont slide down that slippery slope again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Who's gonna bring a scales to the meet then?

People can be weighed, then at the next meet it can be seen who has lost/gained the most weight.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

My wife is always telling me that I am on a slippery slope..:D

• Advertisement

Gary ITR wrote: »

You serious? You don't look anywhere approaching that to be fair.

Jesus this thread has turned into a right old love-in, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

EPM wrote: »
    You serious? You don't look anywhere approaching that to be fair.

Jesus this thread has turned into a right old love-in, eh?

Yup I am

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Its water weight!

You go and ****e, your head alone must be 20 stone, the sie of it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Marcusm wrote: »
    You mean he should act like the Allies in early 1942 building up their resources and not as if he was in Bastogne in December 1944 making a desperate last push!
    It was the germans who made the last push and initiated the whole battle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Gary ITR wrote: »

would not have guessed that - i guess any "big-boned" comments would absolutely be taken in the wrong context

• Registered Users Posts: 10,195 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

It was the germans who made the last push and initiated the whole battle :)

You're the expert but didn't the Allies then withdraw all their standard troops and only throw "elite" troops into defending the line. Nevertheless, you're as bad with me on cars, no sooner have you run something in than you want to swap it for something else. I have driven my Cooper S 100 miles since July (thanks to swapping the boring car for a monster truck) but for some reason I'm looking around for a replacement as its 4 years old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,195 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

TheBazman wrote: »
    would not have guessed that - i guess any "big-boned" comments would absolutely be taken in the wrong context

Is this a weightwatchers thread now?

I guess I'm two general users put together meaning 27-30 stone but who knows as scales don't go that high!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Jaypers I thought for a minute I'd clicked into nutrition and diet :eek:

Apparently bread is the work of the devil for any bloke trying to lose weight, it's not beer bellies ye have, it's bread bellies :)

@ Ardennes, I'd a colleague with an Accord a few years ago, can't remember the year, but it was a fabulous car to be a passenger in, and he loved driving that.

I would of course give the 159 a nod too :)

Marcusm wrote: »
    Is this a weightwatchers thread now?.............

Better that than the history thread me thinks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Discovery now, Carfellas. Ye might have seen it advertised. Might/might not be worth a watch.

TheBazman wrote: »

I definitely didn't order a blue one.

Ahem

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I definitely didn't order a blue one.

It should read "burn you with torque I will" :D

And the Michelin man at the centre of the badge:pac:

Discovery now, Carfellas. Ye might have seen it advertised. Might/might not be worth a watch.

Was a bit meh. Was like the sopranos without the strip bar, guns and a catchy theme tune.

You'd want to be brain dead to buy a car from them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Was a bit meh. Was like the sopranos without the strip bar, guns and a catchy theme tune.

So you just watched paint dry then ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You'd want to be brain dead to buy a car from them too.

What were you watching?

MugMugs wrote: »
    So you just watched paint dry then ?

I'd say have the cars on the lot had fresh paint tbh

Stheno wrote: »
    What were you watching?

Carfellas. Was advertised a lot recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

And the Michelin man at the centre of the badge:pac:

I've officially knicked those two sentiments now.

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    I've officially knicked those two sentiments now.

/M

I see you've Irished it up too haha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

I see you've Irished it up too haha

Ah sure .. no harm there.

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    Ah sure .. no harm there.

/M

Graphics for the 'velle?

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I stopped watching discovery as I realised that each show is only about 10 mins long, after each ad break they come back and recap what happened before the last ad brake and then add about 4 mins new footage.

It's very true, but then I got addicted to ice pilots and the Carfellas ads were on...

I'll tell ye lads, I'm getting fair fooken sick of wheeler dealers and top gear repeats!

Bring on more new Fifth Gear!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Was at the scrapyard earlier (kilcock), so many cars with ncts being fecked out, it's left me baffled... WHY!!! :(

For the Alfa heads, theres a (once) lovely red 166 v6 with lots of it left, a 2.4 jtd 156 and several GTVs for breaking :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement