Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Oldskool Appreciation Party - O.A.P's thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

jonnny68 wrote: »
    +1 Techno rules..

One thing ive noticed and im not trying to big myself up whatsoever but i appear to be one of the very few who is genuinely into pretty much all old skool sounds across the spectrum from Acid House to Bleep to House to Hardcore to Techno to Jungle and beyond, i love it all, House in it's purist form remains my favourite style but i listen and love most old skool and im a bit baffled as to why people are so picky about old skool i don't recall this being the case back in the day.

;)

I can be a bit picky in general, love hard Trance, Techno, House etc but some of that in itself can be absolute shíte:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Ah you definitely haven't listened to enough techno so!

Thats possibly 1 of the reason yes.I also find with some of the stuff thats posted is more repetitive than most other dance music meaning no breaks.The tracks would sound pretty much the same from start to finish with a few extra bleeps and synts thrown in along the way.I much prefer the stuff with a break thrown in.Something to build up to if ya get me.
    off topic but just matter of interst do any of members here bet on the horses at all , i got word of mouth about one tomorrow but wanted to double check with any1 here to see if they fancy it lol

anyway back to oldskool and this is a classic :D

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GLGKnpGQXF0&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLGKnpGQXF0&list=FL0ZRNkWFlcb4B7hz-cArRkg&index=7&feature=plpp_video

Whats d name of the horse and what times it racing @ i'll ask the aul lad or 1 of the bro's they be much more clued into the horse racing than me.thats if its not to late

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

aceberg wrote: »
    Thats possibly 1 of the reason yes.I also find with some of the stuff thats posted is more repetitive than most other dance music meaning no breaks.The tracks would sound pretty much the same from start to finish with a few extra bleeps and synts thrown in along the way.I much prefer the stuff with a break thrown in.Something to build up to if ya get me.

i would have to agree with this, i do like a bit of techno from time to time, but it would be more up tempo & energetic kinda stuff. i went to a ben sims gig in the button factory last october, i i couldn't tell when one track ended and another began, it was like one continuous track that lasted 5 hours lol. some guy opened for him and he was playing the same stuff, very bland and lacking any kind of rhythm really. if i hadn't been indulging i probably would have left well before the end of the night.

• Advertisement

es-cee wrote: »
    i would have to agree with this, i do like a bit of techno from time to time, but it would be more up tempo & energetic kinda stuff. i went to a ben sims gig in the button factory last october, i i couldn't tell when one track ended and another began, it was like one continuous track that lasted 5 hours lol. some guy opened for him and he was playing the same stuff, very bland and lacking any kind of rhythm really. if i hadn't been indulging i probably would have left well before the end of the night.

thats it Sean.i could listen 2 1 r 2 tracks but find it hard to listen to a full mix of it.Individually the tracks are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Billy Mays wrote: »

No that i do like.Nice and aggressive and several breaks in it to break it up along the way.Good stuff.

It is Techno by the way yeah.

No the likes of this aint bad.But just don't break up enough for me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

aceberg wrote: »

Whats d name of the horse and what times it racing @ i'll ask the aul lad or 1 of the bro's they be much more clued into the horse racing than me.thats if its not to late

it ran 2day ace won anyway so it was genuine tip after all thanks all the same, does your dad/bros ever get tips themselves or they jus hear info of others, most of it is corrupt anyway best of stickin to greyhounds often see lads puttin 2,3 grand sometimes more on a dog now and then in the bookies and they be in next day collectin their cheque for 10 grand lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

+1 Techno rules..

One thing ive noticed and im not trying to big myself up whatsoever but i appear to be one of the very few who is genuinely into pretty much all old skool sounds across the spectrum from Acid House to Bleep to House to Hardcore to Techno to Jungle and beyond, i love it all, House in it's purist form remains my favourite style but i listen and love most old skool and im a bit baffled as to why people are so picky about old skool i don't recall this being the case back in the day.

;)

I'm into Dance music in general. Old or new and in all it's forms.

My lease favorite would be hard house, some of it is ok.
    Personally i could never listen to the one genre.

TECHNO TUESDAY 17th JANUARY LINEUP

http://www.onlyoldskool.com/radio.html from 5pm every Tuesday

5pm - Tigger

6pm - Si Cosis

7pm - Disturbd (Hard-Style Set)

8pm - Ridegroover (2nd Ever TT Set!)

9pm - InMyBrain (Welcome Back Set!)

10pm - Sparky (Welcome Back Set!)

11pm - Goooooner

gonna be good, get in if ya's can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭moany

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I'm into Dance music in general. Old or new and in all it's forms.

My lease favorite would be hard house, some of it is ok.
    Personally i could never listen to the one genre.

good to hear, i like most genres i like early hard house but after 2000 it went too fast, the only genres i don't like thesedays are minimal and tech house it is mundane and boring (especially minimal)im not a big fan of electro house either but ill listen to most styles.

good to hear, i like most genres i like early hard house but after 2000 it went too fast, the only genres i don't like thesedays are minimal and tech house it is mundane and boring (especially minimal)im not a big fan of electro house either but ill listen to most styles.

anything but jungle lol for me will do thank u very much cant stand that genre of music i know alot of people here like jungle so im just waiten for someone to think im mad cas i dont like it haha but havent said that everyone has their tastes :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Lads any help with these unknown pressure tunes?

http://www62.zippysh...94477/file.html
    http://www62.zippysh...78052/file.html
    http://www62.zippysh...85795/file.html
    http://www62.zippysh...99777/file.html

3 of them are of his "weekender" mix & 1 from his "unknown pleasures" mix

really want that first one. any help appreciated. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭theoldalfer

Techno would be my No.1, up until 02-03 then it went all electro minimal tech house crap and as jonny posted its a snoozer, ya still get a few dj's bangin' it out but their few a far between and tryin' to get my peep's to go is a non runner:(. I like the old 92-95 house/trance stuff mainly because sides was the first proper club i went to. I like drum n bass, have been to a few gigs, Hype and Andy C and the likes but its full of strange people and too fookin' hard to dance to. Not a fan of todays stuff at all and that hardhouse stuff:rolleyes:. I like a bleedin owlone writing this:D. Anyone going to Jeff Mills next week????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

I find Tech house boring and soulless also. again some of it is ok but the majority of it is pants imo. Some of the great Techno DJ's around the 90's and 00's went down the Tech house road also. it doesn't do it for me anymore.

At the moment i have a few "classics" on the earphones in work :)

RIP to Bob Holness who passed on last week.I'll have an E please Bob! (Blockbusters)

Love this track!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

For those of you into your early 90s hardcore (and who aren't made of money), there are some unofficial represses of the Eastern Promise EP up for sale on Discogs. I picked one up recently and the quality is not bad especially for the 2 Losing U mixes

&

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

moany wrote: »

only playin it this mornin 4got how good it is meself great tune

anyone help out sorting a tracklist for this mix :)

http://www.mixcloud.com/senan-shortt/dj-ed-case-live-the-asylum-may-1994-with-mc-smiley/
    few tunes from top of head

marmion schoneberg

submearge land of creation

members of mayday

annihialting rhythm

te amo sultana

pop strada etc..

one at 6.50 minutes is this

i know the one after it as well, mental block tho.

i'm nearly sure this mix was tracklisted a while back on the other thread, don't know what page tho lol.

i'm nearly sure this mix was tracklisted a while back on the other thread, don't know what page tho lol.

have looked through 100 pages so far anyway no joy lol

carl do u no track one from this mix

http://file031.bebo.com/3/song/2007/07/19/21/1419905103a4433115970b160802774.mp3

I think your right Sean i remember i'ding 1 r 2 for i think it was Ger Mulhall.

Itch-E & Scratch-E - Sweetness and Light @ 25
    Land of Creation after that
    Itch & scratchy again after that.(have to double check these i could be losing my mind again)

yeah it's

Itch-E + Scratch-E - Point of no Return
    Don't know the 1 after that
    Next is RMB - Universe of Love (1993)
    **** i have this on vinyl.I think it might be that Analog Vogue II track 1 of these but not the first http://www.discogs.com/Analog-Vogue-II-Geographic-Excursion/master/24086

Yeah it's this 1 Analog Vogue II - Analog Color

Here just put what i have together on a spreadsheet.

Ed Case asylum may 1994

1 ????????
    2 ????????Sounds like Members of Mayday
    3 Global Transfer - In-Bam-Bim
    4 Members Of Mayday - Endspurt (1)
    5 Ultra Sonic - Annihilating Rhythm part 1 and 2
    6 Itch-E + Scratch-E - Point of no Return
    7 Submerge – Land of Creation
    8 Itch-E & Scratch-E - Sweetness and Light
    9 ????????
    10 RMB - Universe of Love
    11 Analog Vogue II - Analog Color

I had Itche & Scratchy wrong way round tracks sound very similar.I'm sure i was told the first track aswell can't remember tho.Anyways 3 to go.

can't say i do, my name's Seán mate lol :D:D:D

• Advertisement

can't say i do, my name's Seán mate lol :D:D:D

I think that was meant Sean.i think it's a reference to Carl Cox...:D

Advertisement