Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

I think city will be too strong for liverpool again.. liverpool will play for the draw but city will want a win after sunday... gona take city -1

Definitely would wait for lineups before going on the -1; from Sky Sports;

"City will be without captain Kompany after a failed appeal to the Football Association regarding the four-match ban for his red card against United.

The absence of Kolo Toure therefore comes as a blow and either Stefan Savic or Pablo Zabaleta will likely have to play at centre-back.

Yaya Toure is also away on international duty, while there are injury concerns over David Silva (ankle), Edin Dzeko (knee) and Mario Balotelli (ankle)."

Emphasis being on Silva, Dzeko and Balotelli being doubtful

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Small bit on Gerrard Wincast -17/2

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Careful, these 2 teams don't play in the same division, so I wouldn't take league form into account here. Both teams are on a bad run of form, Lorient got knocked out of the French cup by a 2nd division team last week. Le Mans' GK Makaridze is terrible and very prone to blunders. I'd wait for the team news before betting on this game, Lorient should win but it depends on what team they're gonna put out.

About the Lyon v Lille game, I like over 2.5 @ 2.00, games between these 2 teams are usually high scoring affairs, Lyon only have one CB available (Lovren) so they're gonna play with a makeshift defense, Lille are missing Sow but he's not that big of a loss imo.

Yeah I noticed the different divisions alright, i reckon it'll be hard enough to call a winner with Lorient in poor form. I'm def gonna get on 2nd half to be highest scoring tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Nice to beat Dijon @ 1.83

Nice have been doing much better since they changed their coach, they beat Rennes at home, they got a 4-4 draw away at Lille. Both teams are gonna play with their 2nd choice GK, Dijon's backup keeper has only played 2 games in the last 2 years, Nice's reserve keeper isn't too bad. Dijon also have a few important players on the bench, I think Nice can win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Small bit on Gerrard Wincast -17/2

gonna have some of that too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

any team news yet im all over city at 11/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not until an hour before KO.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

can someone post it up when its out il be leaving work for the bus but il have me phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Not betting much until my log starts this weekend, but got free 10er bet of local bookie and put it on M. Richards to score 1st 33/1 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Careful, these 2 teams don't play in the same division, so I wouldn't take league form into account here. Both teams are on a bad run of form, Lorient got knocked out of the French cup by a 2nd division team last week. Le Mans' GK Makaridze is terrible and very prone to blunders. I'd wait for the team news before betting on this game, Lorient should win but it depends on what team they're gonna put out.

About the Lyon v Lille game, I like over 2.5 @ 2.00, games between these 2 teams are usually high scoring affairs, Lyon only have one CB available (Lovren) so they're gonna play with a makeshift defense, Lille are missing Sow but he's not that big of a loss imo.
    Any team news for this game? Im liking the stats and odds for these bets.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

While Liverpool weren't great against City in the league not long ago, we weren't bad no matter what some say. Just some sloppy mistakes that have been most unlike us namely away from home.

Carroll actually played alright and could have had a couple of assists to his name from knock-downs - Kuyt's chance springs to mind, great defending from Kompany who was MOTM, and with him missing I'm gonna chance (line up depending) Gerrard getting in on the goals. If one player can bring the best out of Carroll, it's Gerrard. I still remember vividly how Crouch and Gerrard combined excellently at times so am hoping for that with Carroll. There were signs of that vs Newcastle as well.

If Bellamy starts I might reconsider this, again, this is all line up dependant.

Gerrard Anytime @ 16/5

Also gone for Sporting and Spurs double @ EVENS

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

i know city are missing afew important players tonight but i still fancy them to win at home,they have been very good at home.

City to win @ 6/5 with bet365

spurs should really win aswel, they rested all there big player for the f.a cup

Spurs to win @ 4/7 with bet365

two big singles

small bet on the double

Any team news for this game? Im liking the stats and odds for these bets.

I wouldn't touch the Lorient game if I were you, it's very tricky to predict, I don't really like the line up Lorient have fielded.

We'll have to wait at least an hour to get the team news for the other game, I'll post them as soon as they appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Headshot wrote: »
    im liking

A di Natale to score in 90 minutes and Udinese to win the match 6/4

just have to read up on team news and are they taking the cup serious
    Di Natale just bangs a free in from 30 yards, the man is unreal!:eek: 1-1 10 mins to go..

Nice to beat Dijon @ 1.83

Nice have been doing much better since they changed their coach, they beat Rennes at home, they got a 4-4 draw away at Lille. Both teams are gonna play with their 2nd choice GK, Dijon's backup keeper has only played 2 games in the last 2 years, Nice's reserve keeper isn't too bad. Dijon also have a few important players on the bench, I think Nice can win.

Nice won...but after penalties :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Man City XI v Liverpool: Hart, Richards, Savic, Lescott, Clichy, De Jong, Barry, Johnson, Milner, Balotelli, Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Edit tbon3 beat me to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Man on Fire

City team Hart, Richards, Savic, Lescott, Clichy, Barry, de Jong, A. Johnson, Milner, Balotelli, Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Man City
    Sporting
    Tottenham

30 returns 127

Fancy City here with or without David Silva,the home team in the 1st leg over the years in this competetion usually gets the win,city beat pool last week and will be looking to bounce back after Sunday too..
    Lisbon got an away draw with Madeira last week and with Benfica and Porto out of the league cup,this competition represents their best chance of getting silverware,they should be well motivated to win this one.
    Tottenham rested all their big names in the cup at the weekend and Everton are missing Jagielka,Coleman,Cahill and Rodwell.. Tottenham have been very good and consistent at home this year and Everton are on a fairly poor run of form in the league.. I reckon this is a safe enough treble

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

dont fancy city at all. as iv already stated. GOnna have a lil bit on the liverpool win along with my big bet on lpool + 1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

LFC team

Reina, Kelly, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Spearing, Henderson, Gerrard, Downing, Bellamy, Carroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

City bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,916 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Man City XI v Liverpool: Hart, Richards, Savic, Lescott, Clichy, De Jong, Barry, Johnson, Milner, Balotelli, Aguero

Wow very conservative team there .

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Man on Fire

city bench Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kolarov, Onuoha, Hargreaves, Nasri, Dzeko

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

back 4 for city is fairly small thats my only worry incase Carroll decides to show up after scoring the last game.. after that 2nd half from City though against Utd and their form in general at home being so strong id still be all over City,Pool are so overrated cant see them winning away..

Subs mcfc: Pantilimon Kolarov Zabaleta Onuoha Dzeko Nasri Hargreaves.
    lfc Jose Enrique, Coates, Kuyt Carragher Shelvey Adam Doni.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,916 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Agger very good on the crosses

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    just had a quick look at a few French cup games for tomorrow.

Le Mans vs Lorient - In Le Mans 8 Home games this season its been 0-0 in 6 at half time and thus in 7 games the second half has had most goals.
    In their 9 away games this season, Lorient have failed to score in the first half 8 times, the only time they scored in the first half was way back at the start of August against PSG. I know there's a serious gulf in league positions but Lorient's away form has also been woeful, 1 win, 2 draw and 6 losses with the win also coming against PSG in August.
    0-0 at HT is 11/8 and 2nd half to be highest scoring is 11/10 (WHill) both look decent bets.
    ffs just went to put on these two and realised its 2nd half, got my times mixed up with Lyin v Lille, i'm actually disgusted!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Kuyt and Adam > Henderson and Downing

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Tottenham @ 8/15
    Tottenham v Everton
    Match Betting

Espanyol @ 2/5
    Espanyol v Cordoba
    Match Betting

Sporting Lisbon @ 1/3
    Sporting Lisbon v Nacional
    Match Betting

Yes @ 4/5
    Lyon v Lille
    Both Teams To Score

Total stake € 13.00
    Estimated return € 66.98

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    ffs just went to put on these two and realised its 2nd half, got my times mixed up with Lyin v Lille, i'm actually disgusted!! :mad:

Where did you pull the times from? the like of Flashscore and soccerway are default central european time which is +1 hour, always check the bookies site

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement