Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ego-C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Looks interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Just a replaceable wick plate.

I hope that Joyetech can come up something better than this in the light of all the new variable voltage devices around. I think the Lavatube will blow all the competition out of the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 surferdwb

Looks like Heaven-Gifts have got the first batch of ego-c's..

http://www.heaven-gifts.com/product-399.html

Think I'll just wait till the cones and atty's are available on their own before giving them a try..

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Been using one for a week now and very impressed. Very good flavour, throat hit and vapour....way better than the old tank systems. Still on the same atomiser and I've changed juices about six times and after a couple of puffs the flavour of the old juice is gone. The full kit is fairly expensive but the good news for anyone who already has an ego battery is that you can get the cone separately for about 10 Euro and a pack of five atomisers around 15 Euro...it takes the Ego A type tanks.

http://vapourworld.co.uk/shop/article_100174-003/eGo-C-Atomizer%2C-complete.html?shop_param=cid%3D42%26aid%3D100174-003%26

http://vapourworld.co.uk/shop/article_100175-001/eGo-C-Atomizer-Coils.html?shop_param=cid%3D42%26aid%3D100175-001%26

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I was out on Christmas Eve in the boozer and a mate of mine had an ego-t. I had a couple of drags off of it and was quite surprised at how good it was. I thought that this may very well be the thing that will finally get me off the analogs so took the plunge and ordered an ego-c from cloud9. I got it this morning, charged up the battery and set it up and loaded it up with some RY4 juice. Took a few pulls and was just as amazed with it as I was with my mates ego-t on Christmas Eve.

My goal is to completely replace the fags with this. I'll try it out for the next few days and let you know how I get on with it.

• Advertisement

For me, the Ego-C is way better tha the T. You'll probably enjoy it better tomorrow as the atomiser takes a day or so to fire at full belt. The first one lasted me 10 days before the flavour dropped off a bit so took it out, cleaned it and now it's firing like new again. Only drawback is the tanks are so small but there's supposed to be a mega version (will take the B type caps) out soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I use DCC LR's but would like something better. I tried the 510 t and 510 t LR but didn't like them. Is the eGo-C a step up?

I'd like a tank system but dont want to waste money buying one if it's not better than the 510 t.

I never tried a 510 but I have an Ego-T and the C knocks the socks off that. It's fairly new on the market but nearly all the reviews I've read have been very positive. I suppose buying anything so new is a bit of a punt but I'd definitely recommend it. As far as I know the 510 battery doesn't last too long but the C battery will easily last the day and has fancy lights that let you know the charge and is protected so a faulty carto or smokymizer won't blow it.

Bubba9 wrote: »
    I never tried a 510 but I have an Ego-T and the C knocks the socks off that. It's fairly new on the market but nearly all the reviews I've read have been very positive. I suppose buying anything so new is a bit of a punt but I'd definitely recommend it. As far as I know the 510 battery doesn't last too long but the C battery will easily last the day and has fancy lights that let you know the charge and is protected so a faulty carto or smokymizer won't blow it.

I've eGo batteries so that should be fine. I'll need to order through the UK I assume? Can't seem to find any Irish suppliers.

Totally Wicked and Cloud 9 plus go up the thread and I've posted links to Vapourworld where you can just get the atties and the cone though I'm not sure they're genuine Joytech but work out a lot cheaper if you want to give them a go.

• Advertisement

For me, the Ego-C is way better tha the T. You'll probably enjoy it better tomorrow as the atomiser takes a day or so to fire at full belt. The first one lasted me 10 days before the flavour dropped off a bit so took it out, cleaned it and now it's firing like new again. Only drawback is the tanks are so small but there's supposed to be a mega version (will take the B type caps) out soon.

This is good to know. I found the flavour slightly odd where both flavours I got RY4 and one called Hilltop were, although not identical, very comparable. There is a slight synthetic taste off of it. I guess, this is normal or I may not have gotten rid of most of the oil crap that the atomisers come in.

I love the fact I can vape on the way home in the car and not have to worry about the car smelling of fags.

Definitely better flavour off of the RY4 with the Ego-C on second fill of the tank. Just had my first proper e-cig replacement fag a few moments ago. Loved the fact that after coming back from outside, I don't smell like an ash tray. I have to say this is truly amazing. One thing I'm finding though I'm craving the e-cig more than I would an analog and I'm not even thinking of analogs even though I have one left in my pocket. Probably due to the novelty gadget factor of it. Viva la e-cig.

TinCool wrote: »
    You'd also need the atomizer coils here: http://vapourworld.co.uk/shop/article_100175-001/eGo-C-Atomizer-Coils.html?shop_param=cid%3D1%26aid%3D100175-001%26

but doesn't look like they have stock of them yet.

Although Cloud9 have them in stock here: http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/epages/yxve46fvrnud.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/yxve46fvrnud/Products/EGO-C-52-HEAD/SubProducts/EGO-C-52-HEAD-REG

I bought my ego-c starter pack from them.

Thanks. I may just stick with the cartomisers for the moment though after all. I just received some Kanger Horizontal Coil LR today and they actually seem to be a bit better than the DCC LR XL (although it's early days).

Actually, these Kanger horizontal coils are pretty good. Hotter and a lot more vapour than the DCC. Might be lacking a little in flavour though. Hoping that the fact that the coils are at the bottom means that gravity will keep them wet and avoid the constant topping up.

Probably buy the eGo C though to try it out as well. That's the thing with this lark. Always wanting to try other stuff!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i never got them to work properly. they seem to be very hit and miss for alot of people, some people find them to be absolutely fantastic while others like me found them to give alot of dry hits and just poor performance in general

granted I didn't try very many of them.. just two, so it's possible I was very unlucky

Well, I went and ordered the eGo-C kit from Ovaleireland (eGo-C cone body + 5 atomisers and a 5 pack of cartridges) anyway.

Hope to hell they work out well - not spending any more after this. If I dont like them I'll stick to the cartomisers and be done with it!

Another new vendor....good to see. Best of luck with the "C"...let us know what you think.

Another new vendor....good to see. Best of luck with the "C"...let us know what you think.

Not great to see a vendor that charges €50 for a 510 and €99 for the Ego C,
    the cone and 5 replacement atties are €40 alone.

You can get 5 replacement atties from IrishVapers or Bestshop for a hell of a lot less than €40, makes a complete mockery of the concept of the Ego C.

Vendors like this can take a big running jump...

• Advertisement

mrplop wrote: »
    Not great to see a vendor that charges €50 for a 510 and €99 for the Ego C,
    the cone and 5 replacement atties are €40 alone.

You can get 5 replacement atties from IrishVapers or Bestshop for a hell of a lot less than €40, makes a complete mockery of the concept of the Ego C.

Vendors like this can take a big running jump...

Yep, theres no way I'd have spent 99 Euro on it. 40 Euro was bad enough. The only thing is that they had everything in stock. I hope the damn thing is as good as the reviews say because it's the last time I'm spending this kind of money on hardware. If it works out, great. If not, cartomisers from here on in...........

Incidentally,

The very same kit that Ovale Ireland are charging €100 for costs just €55 in Ovale USA, the replacement atomizers cost €23 in the USA.

This is not technically a new vendor either - it's Ecirette Solutions.
    They are reasonable as far as their eliquids are concerned but that's about it.
    I would recommend buying these from IrishVapers or TBS when they get them in because you won't get ripped off purely because you happen to live in Ireland.

I don't think Ovale Ireland should get listed in the vendors section - they're bloody scammers in my book.

mrplop wrote: »

I would recommend buying these from IrishVapers or TBS when they get them in because you won't get ripped off purely because you happen to live in Ireland.

I don't think Ovale Ireland should get listed in the vendors section - they're bloody scammers in my book.

Yes, they're the only Irish suppliers of the eGo C at the moment though as far as I can see. I wish that the Irish sites were quicker to bring in some of this stuff.

I guess with the way things are right at the moment a lot of vendors are cautious about what they get in - I'd imagine there's nothing worse than buying a ton of a product that doesn't sell.

I don't think any of the Irish guys will have problems selling these, anything that comes from Joyetech tends to sell.

Received the eGo-C today and must say I'm a bit disappointed. Nowhere near as good as a carto in terms of vapour or taste. Also more of a draw than I'd like. Finally, I'm accustomed to warm vapour and this is cold.

Maybe I'm just a carto man! Maybe it takes a bit of breaking in?

Yeah, the atty takes a day or so to really kick in. If it's not better tomorrow try a different atty in case the first one was a dud.

Yeah, the atty takes a day or so to really kick in. If it's not better tomorrow try a different atty in case the first one was a dud.

I may have been a bit hasty in my earlier post. The performance has improved greatly now.

Excellent vapour, the flavour is better and after looking up some stuff on the web, I learned to adjust the draw.

The vapour is cool which I don't like.

Might turn out alright, a big advantage is the huge tank - no need for topping up. Still prefer the warm, full vapour of the Kanger horizontals though but after spending the cash on it, I'll stick with it. If it works out, the replaceable atties should keep me going for a long, long time!

After 1 day and still not happy. Vapour cold and no real taste. Went back to carto and twas like heaven but hate to give up on it and have wasted the money.

Changed the atty for a new one which I'd soaked in ethanol. This one is a definite improvement. Little crackling going on and everything - didnt happen with the previous one.

Decent taste now but think I'm getting a little taste of the tank if that makes any sense. Much rather a drip tip too.

Flavour not as warm as carto but much better than the cold taste of the previous atty.

Anybody else try these after a carto? If they were good performers, they would be fantastic in terms of maintenance. They'd work out cheap too as they are readily opened and cleaned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

I always found ego-t attys to be real hit or miss affairs. Get a good one and it's heaven, a bad or badly adjusted one is a pain in the h***.

When I get lots of vapour but little flavour, I nudge the wick down a couple of mil with a cocktail stick, sometimes works wonders, but it's also possible to push it too far and bork the atty altogether.

Looking forward to getting an ego-c atty to see if "adjustment" is easier and safer.

Have you tried adjusting the wick up or down?

• Advertisement

I always found ego-t attys to be real hit or miss affairs. Get a good one and it's heaven, a bad or badly adjusted one is a pain in the h***.

When I get lots of vapour but little flavour, I nudge the wick down a couple of mil with a cocktail stick, sometimes works wonders, but it's also possible to push it too far and bork the atty altogether.

Looking forward to getting an ego-c atty to see if "adjustment" is easier and safer.

Have you tried adjusting the wick up or down?

No. I suppose I'm half afraid to when its working adequately! It looks pretty solidly built though. Should the vapour be warm? This isn't but it's better than the last one. Seems to dry my mouth and throat out a little too.

I'm so used to DCC that I'm not sure if this is how atties work anyway?

Advertisement