Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Ireland launched. 1 month free trial

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Does any one know if the Sony SMPN100B USB Media Player with Built-in Wi-Fi works with it? The US model seems to work but it has been launched in Ireland before Netflix launched?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

I find it hard to believe teen witch is the 7th most popular item on that site

• Registered Users Posts: 43,836 ✭✭✭✭Basq

DeadParrot wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe teen witch is the 7th most popular item on that site
    True...

.. should be top 3 at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭kirving

I've got a Sony Smart TV and there isn't an option for Netflix yet, although it is there on the PS3 apparently. I think Netflix works on Sony Smart stuff in the US, but we'll probably have to wait a few weeks here. Better be on the way!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I've got a Sony Smart TV and there isn't an option for Netflix yet, although it is there on the PS3 apparently. I think Netflix works on Sony Smart stuff in the US, but we'll probably have to wait a few weeks here. Better be on the way!

too right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

I have the Iomgega DX HD Multimedia player which claims to steam Netflix (although it says US only). Signed up a few minutes ago and tried to steam vids from the Iomega and it wasnt supported. Anyone know how to get it working? Don't want to have to connect my laptop to my TV as the battery on my laptop is really bad and it makes loads of noise if left on. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Squall19

neon123 wrote: »
    That selection looks brutal, if Netflix doesnt improve on that selection,then that is pathetic ,half the library looks ancient and the other half is crap.I was surprised they didn't screw us with the price,6.99 is very reasonable,but with the selection they have there,I wouldn't use it, if it was free.

Complete crap isn't.

Icefilms and Xbmc are free and they have 100 times the amount of stuff.

Selection of films is worse than freeview:D

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭bert911

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7wVt2GU4Ig

Netflix UK initial lineup (Xbox 360 version)

The Netflix App isn't showing up on my PS3 automatically, does anyone know if I have to specifically search for it or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

how do i play netflix on the PS3? I couldnt find any application to install. I saw some sort of app that you can download on the PSN store but i couldnt find it when i went into the PSn store. Is this not out for IRish users yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I just went to the TV / Video Services section on the xmb and it was there as a link.
    I then had to download the app, that's 13mb, and it goes straight in.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

If you dont have a tv section on the xmb, I found installing home to be the easiest method of bringing it up (then uninstalling once its there :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

be interesting to see isp's in ireland usage now compared to in a month or 2, id say the data will go up a fair bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

I want to join but cant get past the facebook registration. I don't want my nosey friends to know what im lookin at:rolleyes: How do I get past this. Idiots guide please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 phig

I've been trying to sign up through my xbox, but when I do its saying it's unable to quoting code:R2001-0-499. Then when I go to netflix.com on the computer, the homepage is saying that netflix is not available in your country......yet!! This happening to anybody else??

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Jilm

Cerocco wrote: »
    I want to join but cant get past the facebook registration. I don't want my nosey friends to know what im lookin at:rolleyes: How do I get past this. Idiots guide please :D

Underneath the facebook sign up, click on "sign up using email address".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Just booted xbox and there waiting for me was the app!

Now to download and play!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

The only option in the free trial box is sign up using facebook, nothing about singing up using e-mail address WTF??!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭podge3

Cerocco wrote: »
    The only option in the free trial box is sign up using facebook, nothing about singing up using e-mail address WTF??!!!
    Log off your Facebook account and the link will appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

In fairness, I think its s*ite that you can't set up a payment option for direct debit or Laser... not everyone who would like to use the service has a credit card

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

In fairness, I think its s*ite that you can't set up a payment option for direct debit or Laser... not everyone who would like to use the service has a credit card

Can you not use a pre-paid credit card. You could always get a visa-debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭CKrules

Anybody know how to get it working on the ps3? Can't find the app for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,836 ✭✭✭✭Basq

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Bit harsh!

Very few international retailers accept Laser to be fair... so why would an international organisation just launching here accept it?

Direct direct wouldn't be much use for an international business either AFAIK.

If you dont have a tv section on the xmb, I found installing home to be the easiest method of bringing it up (then uninstalling once its there :pac:)

Thank you, got it working! Now, just waiting on the Bravia App!

martyoo wrote: »
    Can you not use a pre-paid credit card. You could always get a visa-debit card.

I'm countin' the days til Bank of Ireland launch their Visa Debits!:o

Basq wrote: »
    Bit harsh!

Very few international retailers accept Laser to be fair... so why would an international organisation just launching here accept it?

Direct direct wouldn't be much use for an international business either AFAIK.

That's a fair point about the Laser. Direct Debit was wishful thinking too!:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

anyone tried this with a D-Link Boxee Box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Jordo141

Anyone having poor buffer times?

I know the service may be having teething problems and over heavy stress, but I left a show to buffer and it just wouldn't :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

BArra wrote: »
    anyone tried this with a D-Link Boxee Box?

Netflix app is (for the moment) geo restricted.
    Hoping the lads at Boxee Box will have this restriction removed for Ireland in the next few days, shoddy that they've not already done so,
    but they are focused on their US customer base for the most part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Im using it on my Transformer hooked up to the tv and it works great - my initial impression however is that its great for catching up on films you my have missed, but there's nothing recent on it - I couldnt find any of xtravision's top 20 dvds on it....anyone know if that's just because we're in the free part, or is that just how it is?

7 euro month is cheap for all you-can-eat, but I'll only pay for that if my plate is full of piping hot new food, not microwaved 2-year old stew!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement