Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riot shield useible

Options
  • 02-01-2012 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Just asking site owners is it possible to use a riot shield i have a proper airsoft (evike) riot shield would it be possible ?:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

You'd have to go up to the site owner of whatever site you were at and ask. Just because a site owner for a place in Dublin says shields are okay on the Internet doesn't mean you'll get away with it down in Cork or even in the other sites around Dublin.

In any case, allowed or not by the site owners, you probably wouldn't be very popular with the other players unless it was made of cardboard or another material that would eventually be destroyed by BBs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

afaik their allowed in Urban Ops in Limerick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Should be no problem using them, can't see why the wouldn't.

Aslong as your not charging people with it and then following up with a curb stomp, I'd say go for it.

Not like you can cancel it, a site owner if he has a problem will jsut talk to you about it.

I for one would welcome more useful tools like this, helps aleviate the absolute mind numbing boredom of everyone standing 100 years away waiting to wittle the others number down before moving forward, like its world war 1 or some ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

One of my local sites (Brit-Tac airsoft) use riot shields for certain games; but there is clear guidance given before game-on regarding 'whereabouts' they may be used.

For example, the most common scenario we use them for is where one team has to flush another out from a floor & ajoined 'Annex' warehouse/loading area but starts from the floor above. There is only one way down and that is a single stairwell & corridor leading to the larger annex area. So the attacking team are given the use of three riot shields - they can use all of them, some of them, or none, it's their choice - to help get down that stairwell & corridor. But once they reach a small double-step drop in the corridor (just before the annex doors), they must ditch the shields. That way, the game doesn't get dominated by the shields. If they were allowed keep the shields inside the annex the assault would become ridiculously easy and as Doc put it; mind-numbingly boring. It's possible to do it all without shields, but the attackers all really need to know what needs done and who is doing what & when, with plenty of aggression in order to push on and take ground.

Ask your local site operator & marshals about it & see if they'd be interested in using the shields. But there needs to be an emphasis on balance; if you (not the OP per-se) just want a big 'I WIN' button, it's neither fair nor likely to gain much mileage as a game idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

I found nice riot shield, it's like 5 kg weight, but its' 60 cm wide and 120 cm high, but apparently it costs 130$, but for CQB I think it's awesome to use. I will buy one once I get car, don't feel too confident walking through city centre on the luas with gun case, black bag, in camo + riot shield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭SNAKEDOC

shields do provide a good new dynamic to the game especially when the rule of if you get hit you drop the shield where you get hit is in effect. the sield then will change hands a few times per game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

SNAKEDOC wrote: »
    shields do provide a good new dynamic to the game especially when the rule of if you get hit you drop the shield where you get hit is in effect. the sield then will change hands a few times per game.

Might be an issue with someone spending a few bob on a riot shield and not happy with someone else using them.

I do think that its a good investment for a site, **** even a slat of wood and some grips would be good. Something to break the monotonous 100 yard stand offs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

TheDoc wrote: »
    Might be an issue with someone spending a few bob on a riot shield and not happy with someone else using them.

I do think that its a good investment for a site, **** even a slat of wood and some grips would be good. Something to break the monotonous 100 yard stand offs

Personally I think, who buys it, uses it. Same as lets say AEG, you use it, you play with it, you modify it, and if you want you offer someone to play a game on swap like you give him stuff he gives you stuff.

Advertisement