Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The January 1974 Storms

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

I was born in oct 7:4 so I missed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

My father maintains this was the worse storm he ever experienced and he is elderly.

He was out in a field as some cattle needed attention, he said it would near lift you off the ground and you would hear the roar of the wind coming and he would have to get down close to the ground before it hit .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

I recalled in another thread driving through the storm of 2/1/76. It was quite a night.

I also slept through the 'hurricane' in London although I did wake up at one stage - I was in a hotel and couldn't understand why the bed was shaking and there was no electricity. I thought that evil spirits were trying to lift the bed a la the Exorcist. I went back to sleep quickly enough once the night receptionist brought me up a hurricane lamp (she never explained what was going on) and I didn't realise until the next morning. :D

Advertisement