Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bantry Golf Club

Options
  • 02-01-2012 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

Still looking for a club to join and while most of them are out of my range financially, Bantry looks quite reasonable and is within a half hour drive so I reckon I'd make good use of it. Is anyone a member there? It looks lovely on the website although quite tough by the sound of it.

There seems to be three different type of membership ooptions that I think I might fall into, can anyone tell me what the qualifying criteria are for them?

1. Ordinary single membership - I presume I'd qualify for this - E670

2. Country membership - they don't give details on the site about this but I'm over 50k from the course - E490

3. Beginner - I've never been a member anywhere and have never had an official handicap, would I qualify? - E350 yr. 1, E490 yr. 2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

I would imagine the qualifying criteria differs from club to club so the easiest thing to do is contact them and ask.

Based on what you have said I would think you'd definitely qualify for one and three. Two would depend on what the distance set by the club is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭peepee

Excellent course and great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Deporhostia

Hi guys

Is anyone a current member here?

I’m thinking of joining, wouldn’t mind a bit of info first from a member

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Hi guys

Is anyone a current member here?

I’m thinking of joining, wouldn’t mind a bit of info first from a member

Thanks in advance

Not a member but a nice course and a tough track off the back sticks. A bit hilly too if that’s an issue for you. Seems to get softer earlier and for longer than other courses

Advertisement