Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that i'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Dades wrote: »
    Looks tidy. Doesn't mention if it has an NCT.

Cheap on tax but not on juice! Must be one of the last 450's made.

I miss mine. :(

Classy car. Pity it wasn't a few months older to avoid the nct.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

A diesel Bluebird for €380, if the ad isn't a misprint thats incredible value.
    driving perfect engine very good nct'd till 9-12 tax'd till 12-12

View2-9128735.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C265453
    Remember my dad had one of these for a while when I was a kid, we thought it was the most luxurious car you could buy. Pity it doesn't qualify for classic tax

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

Sold ... some neglect here maybe should be in abandoned classic section
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/2825618

Full?id=9164615

Full?id=9164614Full?id=9164613

off you go carky up the road in mayo @700 €Datsun Sunny B310 150 y Coupe

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/2527906

Full?id=7931782

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I have too many ratty Dattys already!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ianofitz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

ianofitz wrote: »

A nice usable classic car for small money,cheap tax next year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Mk 1 GTI, 800 notes.

View2-9172466.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

RobAMerc wrote: »
    was the mk2 the same as the mark one under the bonnet ? I remember the mk2 sounded very distinct ( sort of offbeat almost like a 5 cylinder I always thought ) and certainly different to the mk1. our mk1 ( my first car ) understeered horrifically compared to the mk2 we had

Yeah the Mk1 was 1342 and the Mk2 was 1243. Caught me out a few times when they were "modern" cars. They are mechanically almost identical but I too preferred the Mk1's.

I would also agreed with the clued in guys re the 205GTI, the 1.6 was nicer to drive, sweeter, rev happy and the gear ratios were very well chosen. The 1.9 felt heavier and although it had more grunt it just felt less eager. The scariest moment I ever had was in a 1.9, only 6 months old, driving too fast through a series of "S" bends and mid way through the 3rd I realised my speed was too fast and I lifted off.......yep.........that was it........one pirouette later and I never drove one again after that.

BTW I recall the 1.6 had 115BHP and the 1.9 had 130BHP in pre-cat form.

Also I noted the add says 16" wheels, the 1.9's were 15's, but at that price it has to be worth a look !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Mk 1 GTI, 800 notes.

View2-9172466.jpeg

..............link to add ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

MercMad wrote: »
    ..............link to add ??
    The advert has been removed off DoneDeal

Probably a wind-up as it looked way too clean/straight for the suggested price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Top Dog wrote: »
    The advert has been removed off DoneDeal

Probably a wind-up as it looked way too clean/straight for the suggested price

Maybe it sold?
    There appears to be people in Ireland trawling Donedeal with lots of time, a wad of cash in their back pocket and a car transporter ticking over outside the front door.
    And why not,itseems like a good business plan to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

hi5 wrote: »
    Maybe it sold?
    There appears to be people in Ireland trawling Donedeal with lots of time, a wad of cash in their back pocket and a car transporter ticking ov:Doutside the front door.
    And why not,it seems like a good business plan to me?

Like many seemingly good business plans , they are not as easy as they seem , there's a fair amount of crap cars for sale and many are not what they are described. Be prepared to drive your transporter a few hundred miles home and back empty and that soon takes away the profit ;) Viewed a car recently and the guy told me on the phone that he had all the paperwork, turned out he had none and some people travelled 100 miles to see the feckin car , luckily I only travelled a few. Buyer beware on donedeal at the moment , many cowboys on board ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

hi5 wrote: »
    Maybe it sold?
    Its possible - sure.

But a clean and straight looking Mk1 Golf (according to the advert it had both tax & test too) would make a hell of a lot more than €800 all day long. Even someone desperate for cash or emigrating wouldn't be crazy enough to put it up for peanuts ... or at least that'd be my thinking on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Bigus wrote: »
    Sold ... some neglect here maybe should be in abandoned classic section
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/2825618

Full?id=9164615

Full?id=9164614Full?id=9164613
    Wow, all sold already!? I would have taken one in a heartbeat :(

here you go MCM at 4750 its a bit of value especially if you got it for 3.5 would make good money in terenure in the summer

http://cars.donedeal.ie/donedeal/classifieds/viewFullPhoto.jsp?cid=8923890&ad=2768473

Full?id=8923890

Bigus wrote: »
    here you go MCM at 4750 its a bit of value especially if you got it for 3.5 would make good money in terenure in the summer

http://cars.donedeal.ie/donedeal/classifieds/viewFullPhoto.jsp?cid=8923890&ad=2768473

Full?id=8923890

There's absolutely no way I'd drive that!!:eek:
    Would you not feel like a complete idiot in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Well I wouldn't drive it either , but I have no doubt that the guy who drives would feel like a complete idiot driving your car or mine :D:D Beauty is in the eye etc etc ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Depends on who you are I suppose if you look like you belong in a micra you might look a bit silly.
    Some degree of facial hair seems to be a pre-requisite for driving these and corvettes too. Either in the biker look direction or the blue oyster bar kida look. They kinda scream "I'm DAMN Heterosexual buddy", either because the driver is, or isn't and is very scared of admitting it to anyone least of all themselves.

If you own one and feel offended, don't be, here's me and my vehicle of choice. :)

6231610954_8251191390.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

^^^^ Panasonic RM overhead console radio - NICE!:p

That is a fantastic picture shagman! What sorta mill have you under that dashboard?

Macplaxton I'm impressed with your knwledge of retro sound systems it is indeed a Panasonic Cockpit RM710 (RM=roof mounted) the top in the panasonic range and one of the most expensive stereos of it's time.

AlleRadios_clip_image015.jpg

http://books.google.ie/books?id=BREEAAAAMBAJ&lpg=PA165&ots=yfRq_c3lCM&dq=panasonic%20cockpit%20RM%20710&pg=PA165#v=onepage&q=panasonic%20cockpit%20RM%20710&f=false

The motor is a small block chevy 350ci/5.7ltr V8 from a 73 Camaro rebuilt check my build thread in the project section for more details.
    http://212.78.227.78/forum/showthread.php?t=37228

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Last time I saw a RM710 (NOS) a few months ago, it went for around 700USD.:eek:

Is it a US-spec FM PLL tuner? (88.1, 88.3, 88.5 - odd numbered tenths /200Mhz jumps)

As I have an interest in late 70s/early 80s car radios, particularly very early PLL digital display tuners, I've got a few radios around - including a Panasonic RM310.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    The handlebar moustache is what really completes the photo Shagman. You look like an extra from smokey and the bandit :)

The morning after I installed the new V8 I woke up, looked in the bathroom mirror, and there it was!!!!!
    It just grew overnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭TRNIALL

si_guru wrote: »
    Chassis looks Newly Galvanised so could be a Genuine Conversion,but at what Price???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

TRNIALL wrote: »
    Chassis looks Newly Galvanised so could be a Genuine Conversion,but at what Price???

That is a P38.. the guy is avoiding VRT, Road Tax and NCT. It should be crushed. Idiots like this will kill the classic car scene for us all.

The chassis could never be vintage on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭TRNIALL

Not my Thing so i wont be Buying,but if that were a pre 80 Chassis is the Converter not entitled to do this type of Conversion.

• Advertisement

si_guru wrote: »
    That is a P38.. the guy is avoiding VRT, Road Tax and NCT. It should be crushed. Idiots like this will kill the classic car scene for us all.

The chassis could never be vintage on it.

Havent P38s a chassis number under the screen? Say if this has been done legally, wouldnt the resultant vehicle be a brutal thing to drive as the older chassis wouldnt be up to the job?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement