Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2011 (UK) - The Last 4 Weeks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Don't worry, they'll have a reunion in a couple of years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

You sure? X Factor website says:

That's why I was asking about Westlife. They're not mentioned at all.

Westlife are Sunday, it's on their Facebook!

As for Leona, she tweeted this:

"Performing on xfactor Saturday! Its held at Wembly Arena this year, going to be great x"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

lizt wrote: »
    Westlife have confirmed they're on sunday on twitter.

X Factor just wouldn't be X Factor without the anual wheeling out of that wedding band's appearance. Louis must have it written into his contract or something :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The final's at Wembley?! Holy christ, the audience are overly loud and intrusive when it's only a small enough crowd
    Are you trying to imply that I said you were, and if so... where? :confused:

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

X Factor just wouldn't be X Factor without the anual wheeling out of that wedding band's appearance. Louis must have it written into his contract or something :rolleyes:

A wedding band that just happened to sell out this country's biggest stadium in four minutes. They might not be to your taste but they obviously are to other people's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    What would have happened if Louis had an act in the final? some duet that would be:D

Which suggests that this wasn't something planned from early on, so the producers probably couldn't get anyone to duet with the finalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

A wedding band that just happened to sell out this country's biggest stadium in four minutes. They might not be to your taste but they obviously are to other people's.

Well, there's no accounting for taste, is there? ;)

Well, there's no accounting for taste, is there? ;)

Apparently not :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

YAAAAAY WESTLIFE.
    GWAN DA BOIIIZZZZ.

Vote Amelia.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,459 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Westlife have confirmed they're on sunday on twitter. Cannot wait, they'll probably perform "Beautiful World" their last ever single *tear*

More likely Lighthouse since Gary Barlow wrote it

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    More likely Lighthouse since Gary Barlow wrote it

Hmm maybe, or they might do like they did on SCD and sing a classic. They haven't really done much promo for Lighthouse.

X Factor 2011 hopeful Amelia Lily is reportedly feeling ‘stitched up’ by her own mentor on the show. According to the Daily Star, Kelly has demanded more air time in the pair’s duet and has refused to make use of the huge stage at Wembley Arena for Amelia’s performances.

While both Little Mix and Marcus Collins have big performances planned for tonight’s two hour epic, Amelia fears Kelly’s more minimalist approach could hamper her chances.
    “Amelia’s stage show lacks the wow factor without props or surprises,” a pal of the singer’s told the newspaper.
    A source added: “Kelly thinks this contest is all about the voice not gimmicks.”
    It comes after reports yesterday suggested that Kelly was feeling “embarrassed” by the 17-year-old outstaying her other acts after she got rid of the teenager in the first live show. If it wasn’t for Frankie Cocozza’s axe allowing for Amelia’s return, Kelly could’ve found herself without an act in the final.

http://xfactor.tellymix.co.uk/judges/64691-x-factor-2011-amelia-lily-feeling-stitched-up-by-kelly-rowland.html#ixzz1g5eROTh9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    X Factor 2011 hopeful Amelia Lily is reportedly feeling ‘stitched up’ by her own mentor on the show. According to the Daily Star, Kelly has demanded more air time in the pair’s duet and has refused to make use of the huge stage at Wembley Arena for Amelia’s performances.

While both Little Mix and Marcus Collins have big performances planned for tonight’s two hour epic, Amelia fears Kelly’s more minimalist approach could hamper her chances.
    “Amelia’s stage show lacks the wow factor without props or surprises,” a pal of the singer’s told the newspaper.
    A source added: “Kelly thinks this contest is all about the voice not gimmicks.”
    It comes after reports yesterday suggested that Kelly was feeling “embarrassed” by the 17-year-old outstaying her other acts after she got rid of the teenager in the first live show. If it wasn’t for Frankie Cocozza’s axe allowing for Amelia’s return, Kelly could’ve found herself without an act in the final.

http://xfactor.tellymix.co.uk/judges/64691-x-factor-2011-amelia-lily-feeling-stitched-up-by-kelly-rowland.html#ixzz1g5eROTh9

You gotta love The Star! Kelly might've found herself without an act in the final yet Janet and Misha were the last two go before the final haha. Such rubbish.

Admittedly this must be a little strange for Kelly. After knocking out Amelia in week one (and at the time deservingly so, I remember) she now has her as her only act in the final. It must be a bit awkward for her, yeah I thought you were the worst in the category but now I've to act like you're the best. She didn't get a chance to build up much of a relationship with her like the other girls during the live show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Westlife have confirmed they're on sunday on twitter. Cannot wait, they'll probably perform "Beautiful World" their last ever single *tear*

i know i'll bring the tissues. :(

otherwise looking forward to this

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Not sure if it's been posted yet but here's tonights songs according to Digitalspy.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a355346/x-factor-final-song-choices-revealed.html

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

egan2020 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been posted yet but here's tonights songs according to Digitalspy.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a355346/x-factor-final-song-choices-revealed.html

The first 3 songs mentioned there are actually really good, I'm looking forward to them all! I've been dying to hear Marcus do Hey Ya :D

Also....Christmas songs!!!! Yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Looks good, what time is it starting and is it just one show with winner announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jorges

hondasam wrote: »
    Looks good, what time is it starting and is it just one show with winner announced?

It's on at eight tonight and from what I can see one goes tonight and then the winner is announced in tomorrow's show. :)

I have to admit I'm quite looking forward to the final, I'm excited about seeing Coldplay tomorrow! They should be great. And I'm looking forward to One Direction tonight, yeah I know they have been on X Factor a good few times this year but I love them!! The songs are just so cheesy and catchy and stuff.

I think Little Mix will win. They are likeable and seem to have a good fan base that will win it for them. I like Marcus as well, he seems so lovely and I loved when he sang "reet petite" but I just don't think he will do that well after the X Factor :o

I like Amelia as well, but we haven't got to get to know her that well since she came into the computer half way through and that will go against her. But yeah, overall this year hasn't exactly been a shining example of undiscovered British singers but I'll still watch nonetheless. Even though Kelly annoys the crap out of me..

No matter whether or not they actually get announced as the winners tomorrow night, it looks like Little Mix have Simon behind them and are set to go far.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2072422/X-Factor-favourites-Little-Mix-backed-Simon-Cowell-big-girl-group.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

jorges wrote: »

I think Little Mix will win. They are likeable and seem to have a good fan base that will win it for them. I like Marcus as well, he seems so lovely and I loved when he sang "reet petite" but I just don't think he will do that well after the X Factor :o

I like Amelia as well, but we haven't got to get to know her that well since she came into the computer half way through and that will go against her. But yeah, overall this year hasn't exactly been a shining example of undiscovered British singers but I'll still watch nonetheless. Even though Kelly annoys the crap out of me..
    I agree - I like Amelia, and think it's such a shame that she was dropped in week 1. I'm backing Little Mix all the way, but I just think that if Amelia does win there'll be the haters out there crying unfair!! ooh roll on tonight's show :D

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

jorges wrote: »

I hope Little Mix win which is strange coming from me because I'm not normally a fan of girl bands in general.

I also won't complain if Amelia wins. I placed a bet on her when she was put through at judges houses. Potential to win 60 euro which would be nice too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i said from the start of this season that i would love a band to win, although when i said that, it was when i saw charlie with his first band. but i don't mind who wins ether marcus or little mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

I dont dislike any of the remaining acts this year. Usually i want one of them gone badly (cher lloyd last year). I want little mix to win though, they offer something current and relevant to todays music and they could be quiet successul with younger audiences. They can all individually sing very well too, the blonde one and the little geordie one especially.

Amelia is good, if she wins she should go down the katy perry route, her version of E.T at judges houses was class.

As for Marcus, seems a really nice guy and all but for me he deosnt offer anything new or exciting really. If he wins though, fair enough, good luck to him. gary barlow has been a cock this year though, his gloating would drive me mad.

1.Little Mix
    2.Amelia
    3.Marcus

Think the 10,000 people audience for it in wembey will make it interesting.the judges wont get a word in anyway! pressure is on, nerves will be there-could easily see someone messing up.everyone is "liked" though....if micsha had made it there'd be definate boos from a few out of 10000.

My shoe will go through the tv for jls....overkill.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Confirmation of songs
    Marcus Collins
    Hey Ya

Little Mix
    You Got The Love

Amelia Lily
    Ain't No Other Man

Marcus Collins and Gary Barlow
    She's Always A Woman

Little Mix and Tulisa
    Empire State Of Mind/If I Ain't Got You

Amelia Lily and Kelly Rowland
    River Deep, Mountain High

So no Christmas songs?? Maybe tomorrow :(

Their solo songs tonight should all be really good, great choices. Duets...bleh.

So no Christmas songs?? Maybe tomorrow :(

Their solo songs tonight should all be really good, great choices. Duets...bleh.

Christmas songs are tomorrow cos Amelia Lily is singing
    "All I want for Christmas"
    if she gets through!

So excited for tonight! Got a massive HD telly for my room yesterday so X Factor shall be a new experience.. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Grindylow wrote: »
    Christmas songs are tomorrow cos Amelia Lily is singing
    "All I want for Christmas"
    if she gets through!

So excited for tonight! Got a massive HD telly for my room yesterday so X Factor shall be a new experience.. :eek:

I think we should all come and watch it with you:D

cgpg5 wrote: »
    You gotta love The Star! Kelly might've found herself without an act in the final yet Janet and Misha were the last two go before the final haha. Such rubbish.

Admittedly this must be a little strange for Kelly. After knocking out Amelia in week one (and at the time deservingly so, I remember) she now has her as her only act in the final. It must be a bit awkward for her, yeah I thought you were the worst in the category but now I've to act like you're the best. She didn't get a chance to build up much of a relationship with her like the other girls during the live show.

I thought Amelia was much better in week 1 that the others myself anyways Kelly and the show as a whole was always only about Misha B, I hope Amelia shows Kelly up in the duet by singing better than her :p

• Advertisement

hondasam wrote: »
    I think we should all come and watch it with you:D

Yesssss everyone come to mine! I have new Walkers crisps and apparently they're "made for sharing" :P

Advertisement