Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Backed Club Brugge in an accum. 3-0 down and won 4-3 :D Just waitin for PSV and Spurs

What price was Club Brugge when they were down 3-0

Good pick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Yardie wrote: »
    Fvk that anyway. Braga got their share of corners but Brum getting 9 corners wasn't in the script.
    Hate to giving advices regarding your favourite type of bets but just like I don't like going over with bookings when Barca is playing at home, I don't like do handicap when two close teams are playing against each other as well. If anything, playing this In Play and backing team who concede goal first sounds like a better idea for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

With that team Spurs -1 at 11/10 on 365 is a no brainer for me.

Hello again all,its been a while!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Threads over 10k posts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

With that team Spurs -1 at 11/10 on 365 is a no brainer for me.

Hello again all,its been a while!!!!!

Think Il disappear again!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Juwwi

stingerro wrote: »
    Hate to giving advices regarding your favourite type of bets but just like I don't like going over with bookings when Barca is playing at home, I don't like do handicap when two close teams are playing against each other as well. If anything, playing this In Play and backing team who concede goal first sounds like a better idea for me.

You make alot of sense there stingerro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

I see where you are coming from and in certian situations you are correct but overall I would have to disagree with you here Stinger.

Re: Braga match tonight. Braga have 100% record in EL of covering the handicap whereas Brum had 100% record losing corner match bet. To get is evens on -2 is worth a bet anyday and at 3-3 in the corners stake and 0-0 at halftime it looked like it would only have one winner. The main reason IMO that the bet came undone by Braga scoring quickly in the second half and then Brum racking up 5 corners in a 10 minute period. 75% of the time at least the bet would go to win so the key is to continue making the high % in your favour calls and over a monthly/yearly period you will more than likely be up.

Re: Barca cards: Again it totally depends on who the game is against. Is it Champs League, El classico, local derby, who is the referree, history between the sides of bad tempered games, what the card line is.

In the match last night the original line was 4.5 on bet365 which won and could've easily been up at halftime had the ref been in the mood.

There is scope for improvement for trading out of positions but this is far more time consuming and given that most of my stakes are quite low not worth the hassle most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Going to add to my blacklist:
    Rangers, Barca, Utd, Pool and.. ENTIRE F**KING EUROPA LEAGUE
    :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Derek! wrote: »
    Crystal Palace +2 tomorrow :D
    wish this one hadn't of been a joke :(

Yardie wrote: »

In the match last night the original line was 4.5 on bet365 which won and could've easily been up at halftime had the ref been in the mood.
    Not getting into big argument, but this line won only because Pique needed a booking to miss next game before El Classico. You won't get that in a long run :cool:. Cheers.

• Advertisement

Think Il disappear again!!!!!!
    It's a bit late now but Harry doesn't give a **** about the Europa league.
    I learned that the hard way :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Bettin' on Europa League results is like bettin' on Championship results....impossible to call.....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Done this with a small stake anyway:
    HT draw in Rapid Bucharest - Hapoel T-Aviv:( and Vorskla - Copenhagen:)

1/2 at least I'm not losing money...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Not getting into big argument, but this line won only because Pique needed a booking to miss next game before El Classico. You won't get that in a long run :cool:. Cheers.

There is no argument and it is good that people challenge each other's calls as in the end we are all trying to find the best way to pick winning bets so all input is welcome..

But If you are going to nit pick I am going defend my position

1. Over 4.5 has come in in 5/8 Barca home league matches and over 4.5 has come in in 8/9 of Vallecano's away games this season so statistcially had strong chance of winning.

2. It was known before the game as wprathead pointed out that Pique was 1 card away from suspension so he was always likely to get a card. busquets wouldve been another candidate too had he started.

In the long run I would take this bet everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Derek! wrote: »
    wish this one hadn't of been a joke :(

I think its funny Derek:D Some goal from Palace to take the lead, well deserved too. How on earth does Gibson still play for United:eek:

Fowler87 wrote: »
    I think its funny Derek:D Some goal from Palace to take the lead, well deserved too. How on earth does Gibson still play for United:eek:
    Great goal indeed, I was worried there for all of a minute :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Absolute joke of a decision in the spurs game has cost me with defoe next scorer :mad:

365 have early markets up for Kettering's next match away to York Saturday for those interested.

York (-2) Asian @ 27/20

Fowler87 wrote: »
    And now there is no Steve Bruce to buy him to Sunderland, so he will probably stay at Old Trafford for a few more years ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Now after all that EL ****, bring on U de Chile - Vasco
    U de Chile to score over 1,5 @1.8 is my take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,966 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Copa Sudamericana Universidad de Chile v Vasco Da Gama
    30-11-2011 23:45
    Over/Under 2.5 Goals
    Over 2.5 Goals @ 4/5
    Your Bets
    Win
    Single: Over 2.5 Goals @ 4/5
    1 line at €24.00 per line
    Total stake for this bet: €24.00
    Potential returns: €43.20

agree inforfun, back to proper football comps

looking at Ecuador league, fancy El Nacional DNB v Deportivo Quirto
    Deportivo resting/missing alot of first teamers, and Nacional need win to move into Copa Sudamericana play off places

on overs in the Vasco game aswell, hope I dont jinx anyone

Might join ye on the overs, didnt have a sniff of anything all night

Edit, taking Universidad (-1) Asian @ 2.350

:eek: Man City game on saturday vs Norwich
    most goals 2nd half- gone from 4/9 to 20/21!!!

gona put something on Chile-Vasco over 2.5 aswell- cuase I'm a sheep

wprathead wrote: »

Nice spot,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Going to back UDC to win. VDG have a championship decider at the weekend against Flamengo which they have to win. Hopefully they will have one eye on that. If Chile can get a lead for half time will be interesting to see how seriously Vasco take it. Think it will be tight & am tempted by unders, don't see any value at 5/6 though.

Come on Chile!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Gone with Wrexham, Spurs and Rubin Kazan -2 using my free €25 bet off Victor Chandler, now to go out with a bang as this is my last bet with them since they closed my account.

F*CK YOU SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

wprathead wrote: »

Whos this with???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Schalke @ 10/11 -1
    Schalke v Steaua Bucharest
    Match Handicap -1

Over 2.5 @ 4/5
    Athletic Bilbao v Slovan Bratislava
    Home Goals U/O 2.5

Stoke @ 5/4
    Stoke v Dynamo Kiev