Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Went with:

1) Braga (-2) corners @ evens, €10.
    2) Over 2.5 total goals Chile vs. De Gama @ 4/5, €15.
    3) i. Rubin Kazan (-2) goals @ 10/11.
    ii. AC Milan win @ 10/11, €5 double.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Man on Fire

i wonder will udinese put out a strong team.. i know at start they wernt to bothered with europa league.... 8/5 away to rennes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Gone with Wrexham, Spurs and Rubin Kazan -2 using my free €25 bet off Victor Chandler, now to go out with a bang as this is my last bet with them since they closed my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

gudede wrote: »
    I agree that Napoli's 3rd match in 6 days will effect them, but they rested a couple of players at the weekend and Lavezzi & Inter are back after missing the weekend game but Cavani is out injured. Napoli have won the last four fixtures at home against Juventus...

Napoli's home form is abit rocky this season over the champions league, with them winning two, drawing two and losing two. Juventus are unbeaten in the league this season and their away record is three wins and two draw's.

Napoli have kept three clean sheets at home this season and Juventus have kept three clean sheets on the road this season. So with the news that Cavani is out and that both teams will not want to lose this match and probably try and keep things tight I have decided to back a nil all result @ 8/1. The bet is probably under's but I don't like backing under's at odds on.

Another bet I like tonight is over2.5 goals in the Burnley V Ipswich @ 13/20. Burnley have played at home nine times in this season and six of those games have gone over 2.5 goals (that included their last three home games going over 2.5) in fact there last seven games have gone over 2.5 goals.

Ipswich have played on the road eight times this season and five times have over 2.5 came in, there last three away games have gone over 2.5 goals and there last five games have gone over 2.5 goals.

This fixture the last three times have gone over 2.5 goals.

Thank god I didn't back the unders in the Napoli game I was write with the draw but 3-3 :eek::eek::eek: still can't believe it. Well done to Burnley to who had a nice 4-0 victory.

Tonight I'm going for two bet's, both matches kick off at six. First I fancy Celtic to get something tonight and the 3/1 on offer for them at home is high in my mind. But I have gone for the 7/4 DNB with Hills. Celtic need to win this game if they have any chance of progressing in this tournament. Celtic are unbeaten at home in Europe since 2009 and in general Celtic have a good record in Europe at home. Celtic are also playing well as they are currently on a 10 match unbeaten run and haven't lost a home since August.

Atletico for there part are not playing well at home, in six league games this season they have lost five and drawn one. In the Europa League they lost to Udinese and drew against Rennes. They do have Falcao back tonight but it is unlikely than he will start tonight.

The second bet I have done tonight is Club Brugge 5/6 to beat Maribor. Club Brugge need to win this game tonight if they want to qualify because they are playing Braga in the next round. So a win tonight will see them with one foot into the next stage. Club Brugge have done ok away from home in the Europa League with a victory at Braga and a draw against Birmingham, while Maribor lost to Birmingham and drew to Braga so far this season.

Headshot wrote: »
    Rubin Kazan to win and 3 or 4 goals in the match @6/4

Where did you do this bet Headshot....Look's alot better value compared to the -2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Radonman wrote: »
    Big win :D or bust I'm afraid :eek:
    I wouldn't worry, they should win handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,966 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

For future reference I do all my bets with pp and if people dont see a bet on their website, it means iv requested the odds by email or phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

whats the thinking on az allmaar i`m looking for something to go with rubin kazan -2

Headshot wrote: »
    For future reference I do all my bets with pp and if people dont see a bet on their website, it means iv requested the odds by email or phone :)

Cheer's Headshot.....At least I'll know in future :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Juwwi

1/1 for Man Utd to win to nil isnt a bad bet.

Just out of curiosity does anyone get a loyalty free bet off PP around once a month ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Esox Lucias

robbie1977 wrote: »
    1/1 for Man Utd to win to nil isnt a bad bet.

Just out of curiosity does anyone get a loyalty free bet off PP around once a month ?

I used to get one off them. But since i got €800 from the crystal palace thing, (ahhhh, the memories) i dont anymore.

Never got anything free off them bar the whole Palace thing, bet365 gimme free bets all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Fancy Celtic at around the 3-1 mark to beat Atletico.

Celtic in good form whereas Atletico in woeful form.

EDIT: Just took the 2-1 with WH on Celtic DNB.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Rennes vs Udinese

went for 2or3 goals @ 20/21

Rennes previous two matches at home in this comp have been 1-1.
    Udinese drew 1-1 away to Celtic. admittedly they did then go and loose 4-0 away against Athletico Madrid- but that won't happen tonight.. alternatively you can go for option of under 2.5 @ 4/6, but i suspect a 1-1 or 2-1 scoreline to either team, lean towards Udinese.. infact gonna put money to my mouth and put half a unit on 2-1 to Udinese @ 9/1

In the Spurs v PAOK game- gone for under 2.5 at 21/20

then I followed Yardie with the Braga -2 corner handicap

meant to put bet on most goals in 2nd half in Shamrock's game, but forgot- that market is closed now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Man on Fire

17 million for martins..... joke or what

Derek! wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry, they should win handy enough.
    Apparently I was wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

Phew...thought twas a peno....hold on for -2!!

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    €20 on Rubin Kazan -2 at 4/5

Price with Boyles

Happy with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

2 singles:
    Draw @ HT in these 2 games:
    Celtic - Atletico Madrid
    Maribor - Bruges

In Atletico's last 2 away games in Europe, the goals came after HT. Celtic must get at least 1 point if they want to continue in this competition. Also, in the article on uefa.com, the Celtic manager said "We have to be wary of conceding early, as we have done in a few of the games in this group so far, so we have to try and get on the front foot from the start." So I think they'll focus on not conceding in the first half.

As for Bruges, apparently they're gonna play defensively tonight, so I think draw @ HT looks good.

**** :( The Europa League always makes me lose money :mad:

Done this with a small stake anyway:
    HT draw in Rapid Bucharest - Hapoel T-Aviv and Vorskla - Copenhagen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

defoe first goal 4/1
    berbatov first goal 11/4

Spurs have a strong enough team playing might do them -1 @6/5

Gomes; Corluka, Bassong, Gallas, Rose; Lennon, Livermore, Modric, Pienaar; Defoe, Kane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

Is there any website that has up to date match stats in live match's mainly corners?

defoe first goal 4/1
    berbatov first goal 11/4

Spurs have a strong enough team playing might do them -1 @6/5

Gomes; Corluka, Bassong, Gallas, Rose; Lennon, Livermore, Modric, Pienaar; Defoe, Kane

Shouldnt he be wrestling?

Europa League Matches Tottenham v PAOK
    30-11-2011 20:05
    Wincast
    J Defoe to score in 90 minutes and Tottenham to win the match @ 13/10
    Your Bets
    Win
    Single: J Defoe to score in 90 minutes and Tottenham to win the match @ 13/10
    1 line at €31.06 per line
    Total stake for this bet: €31.06
    Potential returns: €71.44

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Single
    Berbatov to score 2 or more goals @ 4/1

Single
    Defoe anytime 5/4

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Legia: Kuciak, Jedrzejczyk, Zewlakow, Komorowski, Wawrzyniak, Zyro, Borysiuk, Radovic, Vrdoljak, Rybus en Ljuboja.
    PSV: Isaksson; Manolev, Marcelo, Derijck, Willems; Wijnaldum, Engelaar, Strootman; Labyad, Lens en Mertens.

Gone with Yardie's corners over 10.5 and Wijnaldum (@3,75)any time

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Going long...

Scannell to score first @ 16/1
    Scannell to score first, Man Utd 3-1 @ 200/1
    Morrisson to score last @ 9/1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

10 on Defoe and spurs wincast at 13/10. Strong team, we should do the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Yardie wrote: »
    I was gonna give Europa league a miss but one bet really stood out as worth a punt:

Braga -2 Asian corner handicap vs Birmingham @ 19/20 on bet365. Braga v strong at home and won corner match bet by at least 3 every game so far. Braga average 8 corners p/g and have the joint highest number of corners in Europa League this season with PSV at 32. Brum have lost corner bet in each game too. Both team on 7 points in group so a lot at stake in this one so I expect Braga to go all guns blazing and Brum to come under a lot of pressure. Large stake on this.

Also worth a look for small bets.

Rennes/Udinese over 10 Asian corners- Rennes still have chance of qualification even though rock bottom with 2 points. They have strong corner stats at home so could be worth small punt

Legia/PSV-Both sides competing to top group and are going to play strongest team. Over 10.5 Asian corners. PSV have great corners stats home and away. Legia good for corners at home.

Fvk that anyway. Braga got their share of corners but Brum getting 9 corners wasn't in the script.

Rennes/Udinese cleared the 10 corner mark handily so looking for corners in Legia game now to break even.

Celtic were beat but Atletico never really looked interested, very poor by Celtic in my opinion, especially when you look at the goal. CLub Brugge won though They scored 4 goals in the last 25mins :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Backed Club Brugge in an accum. 3-0 down and won 4-3 :D Just waitin for PSV and Spurs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement