Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N69/N22/N70 Tralee Bypass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Great pictures. What will the part of the road in the phots you took there at forge cross and between the two college entrances be build as dual carrigeway or single carrigeway?

It will be single carriageway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭stevielenihan

Diggers have started to move in to the middle part of the raod now as I saw 4 diggers at ballybegan today and they had a lot of mud dug up

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭tfer

what is the structure that is being built near the Ballycarty roundabout , is it anything to do with the bypass ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

tfer wrote: »
    what is the structure that is being built near the Ballycarty roundabout , is it anything to do with the bypass ?
    I dont know, i doubt it. It does seem like a substantial building though.

• Site Banned Posts: 60 ✭✭Kerry County Council

tfer wrote: »

It's a Salt Barn that's being constructed. It will allow for a strategic reserve of salt to be brought in and stored long-term. If the snow and ice comes in quickly, we'll have it in the county already and won't be as dependent on having to travel to Cork or Waterford Ports to truck it down. There's salt barns being constructed around Ireland. Expected to be finished by Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

There's salt barns being constructed around Ireland. Expected to be finished by Christmas.

..the omen of a warm Christmas?

Oh fingers crossed!! The great thing though with the salt barn is that if we don't need the salt this year, it won't 'go off' and will be available for future years.

Seems like overkill for what's only going to be a shed. Any idea on costings?

Not off the top of my head. Mainly funded by the NRA. Standard silo/shed/barn.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

hope the finished building does not look like an eyesore and will complement/fit in with the natural surroundings.

• Advertisement

Not off the top of my head. Mainly funded by the NRA. Standard silo/shed/barn.

Welcome on Boards KCC. Will be good to have your input here hopefully. There's often council related questions here.

Thanks Carch. Hope to be able to answer as many queries as I can. Be gentle though! And patient please!!

.. And patient please!!

Well you are the council. ;)

Is there three of you there at the keyboard?

[/council bashing]

si_guru wrote: »
    Well you are the council. ;)

Is there three of you there at the keyboard?

[/council bashing]

Really...? Already? Sigh.

Really...? Already? Sigh.

I said - [\] - "end of"... we all know it is a thankless task.

I am sure given a bottomless purse you would like to do more for Kerry.

Cheers Si.

Accepted in the spirit it was meant.

Many thanks for positive welcomes. My aim here is is to let people know what's happening and answer any queries that people may have. Hopefully it will give y'all a better idea of how we operate and that decisions aren't taken by pulling pieces of paper out of a hat.

I don't think I'll have all the answers immediately, some not at all. As you said Si, we don't have a bottomless pit of money, and the economic outlook means that it won't be getting any better any time soon.

That will seriously affect the work we do and our emphasis will continue to be on the core services, roads, water, housing etc.

I won't be able to reply to all but will try my best :)

why is the tralee bypass site have railing at each of it?

why is the tralee bypass site have railing at each of it?
    To keep you out....:p

Ha Ha very funny.

Update 12/11/11
    Not much happening on the Ballinorig crossover up untill now, i passed up there this morning. It seems to be just used for access at the moment.

On the N21 outside Tralee they are clearing the opposite side of the road to the site offices, im guessing they will put the planned roundabout in place shortly enough to facilitate access to the site more easily? This happened on the Castleisland bypass.

On the N69 there is large amounts of earth being dug out heading south down the road towards Ballynabreanagh.
    Road sweepers are flat out keeping the road clean on the N69.

Pics to follow ASAP.:)

• Advertisement

Great news. they have started a lot of work on the way down to ballybegan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

thanks guys for keeping the rest of us who are not in the vicinity updated on the progress! Keep it coming!

No prob. I wonder what the legality of walking the route to take pics be?

My pleasure ongarboy. im not sure what the legialty of it would be carchaeologist

Walking the site is a definite no-go. It's a working site under the control of the contractor, with large amounts of heavy machinery operating all over it. If you were working there you wouldn't be allowed on site without a valid card (safe pass, machinery operator ticket etc.) and without induction talk and health and safety briefing, not to mention PPE (boots, hi viz, helmet etc). Plus the fact that you would be trespassing and wouldn't be insured.

Walking the site is a definite no-go. It's a working site under the control of the contractor, with large amounts of heavy machinery operating all over it. If you were working there you wouldn't be allowed on site without a valid card (safe pass, machinery operator ticket etc.) and without induction talk and health and safety briefing, not to mention PPE (boots, hi viz, helmet etc). Plus the fact that you would be trespassing and wouldn't be insured.

I thought that would be the answer alright!:D

Heres some more shots taken today from the old Mile height road, just beaide the Ballygarry hotel of where the clearing for the new roundabout seems to be going.
    [URL="javascript:void(0);"]161.jpg[/URL]
    Looking north

[URL="javascript:void(0);"]160.jpg[/URL]
    Looking North again, but more towards Tralee.

Great pictures. Its starting to look like a road there now. They have a lot dug there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Nice pictures carchaeologist!

Does anyone have a over head map detailing where this bypass is going. All's I know is somewhere from the N69 to.....
    The rest i don't know :pac:

• Advertisement

Advertisement