Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Well Water Quality - Participants needed for research.

Options
  • 21-11-2011 11:33am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6

Hi all,

My name is Jean O'Dwyer, I have a bachelor of Science in Environmental Science and am undertaking a PhD with the chemcial and environmental department of the University of Limerick.

I am looking for candidates; in the Munster region, who would be interested in having their Private well water supply tested (chemical and Microbiological) to see if it conforms to European standards.

This is completely free of charge (could cost over €200 from private testers), and you will recieve a comprehensive report on the qulaity of your water supply and guidance where necessary.

I would strongly recommend individuals with septic tanks, or close to agricultural practices to take advantage of this, as there may be contamination that you are unaware of.

If interested, please contact me on the email: water.testing@ul.ie

Even if you do not want to partake but have a question for me, feel free to email and I will help you as much as I can.

I look forward to hearing from people.

Kindest regards,

Jean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭skafish

Hi all,

My name is Jean O'Dwyer, I have a bachelor of Science in Environmental Science and am undertaking a PhD with the chemcial and environmental department of the University of Limerick.

I am looking for candidates; in the Munster region, who would be interested in having their Private well water supply tested (chemical and Microbiological) to see if it conforms to European standards.

This is completely free of charge (could cost over €200 from private testers), and you will recieve a comprehensive report on the qulaity of your water supply and guidance where necessary.

I would strongly recommend individuals with septic tanks, or close to agricultural practices to take advantage of this, as there may be contamination that you are unaware of.

If interested, please contact me on the email: water.testing@ul.ie

Even if you do not want to partake but have a question for me, feel free to email and I will help you as much as I can.

I look forward to hearing from people.

Kindest regards,

Jean

Is the offer still open??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 water.testing

Hi guys and particularly skafish,

I will be testing over the next two years.

So anyone who doesn't necessarily want it done now, but would like to have it done at a different time; the offer still stands.

This may be important to people who live on farms or near farms and are concerned about the spread of sillage and pesticides in the spring months.

As I have already mentioned in my previous thread, if there are any questions or concerns just give me an email.

I'm here to help :)

Jean

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

Yes' I'm interested.

I had my well tested when it was installed 10 yrs ago & there was an issue with streptococcii contamination which was resolved by using an UV steriliser. I think I should get it tested again for my own peace of mind but with the recession & being a 'Jobseeker' I can't afford it, let alone any possible septic tank charges!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 water.testing

Hi guys,

Just an update to everyone who has contacted me:

I am sending out sample collection bottles this week so just forward me on postal details!!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭allquestions

Do you only want interested people in the Munster region?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Rock12

Hi, would the west of Ireland be of any use? Would this water test result be adequate for a planning application requirement?

Advertisement