Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Gloves

Options
  • 27-11-2011 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

Hi all

There is lots of talk of military and law-enforcement
    equipment in here, so I thought this would
    be the most appropriate place to post this request.

I'm looking for a good pair of gloves for my brother. He works
    in drug and social services and everyday he has to frisk search
    drug users. Someone told me that you can get heavy duty gloves
    that are resistant to puncturing and slashing from metal sharps, glass etc.

I've had a look around on Google and found 2 possibles:

Turtle Skin and Hatch Fristmasters.

Has anyone any experience with these, or can recommend alternative
    reputable glove suppliers?

These makes are online, are there any shops selling these items in Dublin city centre?

Thanks in advance,

Barney

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

A lot of airsofters would recommend Mechanix gloves. I've no personal experience but there's safety rating and everything on them, someone might be able to advise you on something more appropriate though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

when it comes down it it most airsoft will chose gloves based on looks if they appear in the latest video game or pick up a cheap knock off copy out of , due to the job he is in they are a major safety item rather than a fasion accessory many would see them as in this hobby

both are not really suitable for what you're looking for, I would recommend talking to people involved in the security business for example, the gloves mentioned above are good and hard wearing but dfo not really have the level of safety you're looking for

i've heard of turtleskin before but have no personal frst hand experience, i would personally recommend talking to someone in the industry

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Pedrir

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Gray

As said most air softers go for looks first & then possibly warmth & waterproof.

Good place for what you are looking for is RS they have a trade counter on Herberton Rd, heres a link to their cut resistant gloves http://radionics.rs-online.com/web/c/?searchTerm=puncture+resistant+gloves+&sra=oss

Cheers

Gray

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

I have a pair of Hatch Friskmaster for security work, find them great for my use, but although they are made for body searches i wouldn't think there sensitive enough to find small concealments, if you do go with them, make sure to get the ones that cover the wrists too, made the mistake of getting the shorter ones myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

I'm looking for a good pair of gloves for my brother. He works
    in drug and social services and everyday he has to frisk search
    drug users. Someone told me that you can get heavy duty gloves
    that are resistant to puncturing and slashing from metal sharps, glass etc.

I've had a look around on Google and found 2 possibles:

Turtle Skin and Hatch Fristmasters.

Has anyone any experience with these, or can recommend alternative
    reputable glove suppliers?

These makes are online, are there any shops selling these items in Dublin city centre?

Thanks in advance,

Barney

SafetyDirect.ie have a few choices
    Anti-Syringe Gloves
    Anti-Syringe Gauntlets

Not exactly cheap, but exactly what your brother needs. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

Any of Alan's gear; http://www.thecamoshop.ie/gloves_35.html It's all amazing quality and at a decent price.

Advertisement