Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning requirements for Airsoft sites

Options
  • 22-11-2011 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭

After HRTA has been killed because of Planning issues, I was wondering what are the actual requirements? Does anyone know what officially you need to have in place to be kosher?

It's an important question as this could be something that closes a lot more sites in future.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

sliabh wrote: »
    After HRTA has been killed because of Planning issues, I was wondering what are the actual requirements? Does anyone know what officially you need to have in place to be kosher?

It's an important question as this could be something that closes a lot more sites in future.

A change of use (Although sometimes this isn't required if the building/land already has the usage you need), being clear with the rates and that's about it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Change of use to what? And does the land need to be zooned for some sort of recreational use in the development plan?

A lot of sites are on what I would presume is otherwise agricultural land. How do they manage, or is this just an under the radar thing so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

well keeping it under the radar will not really work, remember the last changes to the law brought in requirements for sites as well, the one people have fallen short of lately is getting permission from the local super

Change of use to what? And does the land need to be zooned for some sort of recreational use in the development plan?

I'm not sure to what (The architect handles that) and no the zonage doesn't norammly rule out to much either, there are "considered" options too. For instance land could be zoned agricultural but one of the allowable uses could be a sports club/facility. In certain circumstance buildings can be outside the remit of the normal rules due to the state of them or other factors e.t.c.
    A lot of sites are on what I would presume is otherwise agricultural land. How do they manage, or is this just an under the radar thing so far?

They could have gotten a change of use or the land they are on may allow that particular use. You can also get a temporary change to accomadate things like airsoft/paintball sites e.t.c.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

It depends what council you are under. We have national law and local regulations.

For example in Fingal you can seek an exception to the requirements of zoning to use land designated for other uses for sport if you are a club. This is normal, people have successfully done this from many sports.

Planing is only 1 aspect of government regulations you must meet however, CJA 2009 & environmental health requirements are more that should not be over looked. It is by no means easy to traverse all the red tape.

• Advertisement

fayer wrote: »
    It depends what council you are under. We have national law and local regulations.

For example in Fingal you can seek an exception to the requirements of zoning to use land designated for other uses for sport if you are a club. This is normal, people have successfully done this from many sports.

Planing is only 1 aspect of government regulations you must meet however, CJA 2009 & environmental health requirements are more that should not be over looked. It is by no means easy to traverse all the red tape.

Stephen my good man where could we have a look at the CJA 2009 & environmental health requirements?

Stephen my good man where could we have a look at the CJA 2009 & environmental health requirements?

CJA is on the IAA site (currently off line :rolleyes: )

The environmental stuff is a diff kettle, covers everything from health and safety to bathrooms and lighting, even if the props and cover you use could be considered environmental waste (tyres are the obvious one, but can be everything second hand) and this can vary wildly depending on your site. There is professionals who advise on this topic, some I know even play the sport :)

fayer wrote: »
    The environmental stuff is a diff kettle, covers everything from health and safety to bathrooms and lighting, even if the props and cover you use could be considered environmental waste (tyres are the obvious one, but can be everything second hand) and this can vary wildly depending on your site. There is professionals who advise on this topic, some I know even play the sport :)

How would you get in contact with them to have someone have a looksi at our place to make sure e.t.c?

How would you get in contact with them to have someone have a looksi at our place to make sure e.t.c?

PM sent

Advertisement