Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats happened to the humour???

• 25-04-2011 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Does anyone remember when Stargate was fun?
    When Jack would come up with a funny one-liner?
    Where was the humour lost, and why is Universe so damn depressing???
    I under stand that the writers are trying to do a Battlestar with this new concept, but God would it kill them to crack a joke now and then??
    Bring back Bal, thats what I say!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I've noticed this season SGU is bringing in more humour. Season 1, yeah I see your point but it is improving I think.

Lest we forget

Actually Volker and Brody always have something funny going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

I thought Rush freezing Brody in the stasis pod to teach him & Eli a lesson and test them at the same time a couple of weeks ago was pretty funny.

The elevator musak in last week's ep.

The "Futura is a font" ribbing.

They've obviously taken the lack of humour criticism on board.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

just watching sg1, it's such a step up in terms of humour compared to the others. So good. A single line can have you in stitches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

I watched SGA yesterday on SKY ONE

McKay: You shot me!

Sheppard: Yes, Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry.

Ronon: You shot me, too.

Sheppard: I’m sorry for shooting everyone! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

lol I adore that series, that and sg1 are so funny.

• Advertisement

prometheus battle simulation:

[prometheus officer] Goa'uld vessel is within range, sir.
    [prometheus commander] Weapons Officer, prepare to fire.
    [O'Neill] He's weapons officer. You'd think he'd be prepared.
    [Teal'c] Indeed.

Than after their conversation...and they agree to go back to the simulation...

[O'Neill] Teal'c, prepare to assist in damage control.
    [Teal'c] I am prepared, O'Neill.
    [O'Neill] See how melodramatic that sounds? It's unnecessary.

LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Watched another episode of SG1 yesterday

Jackson: Their world is in flames and we're giving them gasoline!
    Teal'c: We are in fact giving them water.
    Jackson: I was speaking metaphorically.
    O'Neill: Well, stop it! It's not fair to Teal'c.

I lol'd very hard ::pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

From Crystal Skull I think:

[Carter]: Usually, neutrinos can pass through anything, no-matter how dense.

[Carter]: In fact, millions of billions would have just passed through you right now <looking at O'Neill>...

[O'Neill]: No matter how dense?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,191 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

It's a blast door.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

It's a blast door.

****ing epic.

I do like SGU though. It might not have as much outright LOL humour, but it's "grown up" humour, if you like. Rush for one, is fantastically funny.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,191 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Isn't there an instance when Sam takes the piss out of the film Signs? I'll spoiler tag some of it just in case.

'Why would Aliens come all the way to Earth
    only to be scared by water?!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Gearheart

I miss from the early series's the little "talks" O'Neill and Jackson would have. Complete comedy gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 laighin abu

Who could forget this?

http://youtu.be/1U1jSGib-NA

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Who could forget this?

http://youtu.be/1U1jSGib-NA

One thing that always bothered me is that he says the planet that they're firing golfs balls to is only several billion miles away. That's not even a light year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

One thing that always bothered me is that he says the planet that they're firing golfs balls to is only several billion miles away. That's not even a light year.

I'd still be fairly sure it's a record :P

Carter, all I heard was 'matrix', and I found those films quite confusing. :pac:

If it was just me I'd agree. But what about Teal'c? Come on! Is this the face of a crazy man?
    Bad example.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭madness98

I noticed that with both SG1 and SGA both lost their humour as they went on. I think the main issue was that they relied to heavily one single characters delivering the comedic relief t the point where anything they were going to come out with was really just a repetition.

There appear to be no fish here, O'Neill.

T :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement