Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Western Digital TV HD Media Player 1080p - €100 delivered [Expansys]

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

So far I am quiet impressed with its ease of use and set-up
    , one thing to note is you need to have a spare HDMI lead as one is not included in the box only a component cable

Pros
    • Small form factor ( approx 4 inches square by 1 inch high)
    • Clean easy to use interface
    • HDMI out for ease of connection
    • wide ranging support for different video formats (I have yet to find a format in my collection it will not play)
    • Some nice clean themes already released & live hub themes supported

Cons
    • No HDMI lead included
    • Media Library does not work for shared drives (firmware fix being worked on) - this is a major issue as the dashboard doesn't work without media library being enabled
    • XML files are needed to get data about the move rather than using NFOs like XBMC
    • Limited administration support if connecting to the box via browser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

tommycahir wrote: »
    So far I am quiet impressed with its ease of use and set-up
    , one thing to note is you need to have a spare HDMI lead as one is not included in the box only a component cable

Pros
    • Small form factor ( approx 4 inches square by 1 inch high)
    • Clean easy to use interface
    • HDMI out for ease of connection
    • wide ranging support for different video formats (I have yet to find a format in my collection it will not play)
    • Some nice clean themes already released & live hub themes supported

Cons
    • No HDMI lead included
    • Media Library does not work for shared drives (firmware fix being worked on) - this is a major issue as the dashboard doesn't work without media library being enabled
    • XML files are needed to get data about the move rather than using NFOs like XBMC
    • Limited administration support if connecting to the box via browser

Can you stream from veetle or justin?. If so does it stream ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Can you stream from veetle or justin?. If so does it stream ok?

I haven't tried that yet, will check it out later on when messing with it again and see what is possible

only tested youtube and flickr streams yesterday evening and must say they were pretty smoothly handled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

tommycahir wrote: »
    one thing to note is you need to have a spare HDMI lead as one is not included in the box only a component cable
    i've actually noticed over the last fesw years since the introduction of HD that practically nothing you can buy with either HDMI inputs or outputs will come with cables supplied, you always seem to have to buy them separately. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

A bit like the old days when you had to buy and fit a plug yourself to any electrical items. It's true, kids....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

blastman wrote: »
    A bit like the old days when you had to buy and fit a plug yourself to any electrical items. It's true, kids....
    and had to change your own fuses and everything.

***or more likely, just wrap some tinfoil round the old one. :D

***DISCLAIMER: DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME KIDS, IT'S VERY DANGEROUS!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,032 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The original Bargain Alert (over 2 years old) is well and truly gone at this stage.

Best either starting a new thread for the new WDTV or start a thread in Gadgets for discussion.

Closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement