Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AWS Raptor mosfet - back on sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

mafo wrote: »

if I recall, they were priced significantly less when sold by AWS themselves. Factor in the price was also in dollars and £85 is a rather sizeable mark-up (US$136 to give some perspective). To further underscore that, lperrozzi bought two (including postage) for US$181 (or GB£112).

I'm not impressed with that price, which is a shame because I've been looking to buy a couple of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭mafo

The cheapest way to buy is directly purchase from AWS, but you must order at least 10 mosfets. Anyhow the eagle6 is not most expensive place to get one , try AWS Europe (115E + 25E p&p).

• Registered Users Posts: 4 liquidcosh

its a fcuking joke, eagle6 offer nothing except a markup of £23 on the original price i paid for delivery (£65) direct from aws on the first batch which is just under a third,eagle6 dont even offer a warranty,as its backed up by aws direct,its only because aws cant be bothered with single online sales anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

liquidcosh wrote: »
    ...its only because aws cant be bothered with single online sales anymore....

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. If you had bothered doing ANY research into AWS, you'd understand why he has ceased direct sales. He has recently developed the long awaited V3 gearbox compatible Raptor and stealth mosfets, all down to the time now available to him. Im personally looking forward to what else he may be planning!

Also, my shipment from AWS wasn't nabbed by customs, hence the low-low price:pac:. I can of course understand were people are coming from, nobody likes a price hike!

To put it in perspective though, the AWS Raptor costs roughly €108.50 delivered. Its closest competitor in terms of functionality really is the Extreme Fire Cheetah 2N, which costs roughly €102 after shipping and taxes. For the price of a sandwich your getting a completely internal MOSFET with some seriously cool features.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

lperrozzi wrote: »
    I'm going to have to disagree with you there. If you had bothered doing ANY research into AWS, you'd understand why he has ceased direct sales. He has recently developed the long awaited V3 gearbox compatible Raptor and stealth mosfets, all down to the time now available to him. Im personally looking forward to what else he may be planning!

I'd always thought it common knowledge (certainly mentioned on the AWS site and on Arnies) that he stopped direct sales due to the large volume of interest competing with the time available to him. In short, he just didn't have the time to be able to fulfil orders. Can't blame him for trying a different course of action.

Good to hear about the v3 offerings finally coming out!

• Advertisement

i dont care about the reasons why he doesnt sell direct to customers, all i know is that when i bought direct from him,it cost £65, and now it costs £88,thats a huge price hike in 4 months for nothing extra,if you think that is value for money,then you have too much disposable income

didnt stop me from buying a another one though...i just wanted to moan about the price increase

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Stephen-mx3

When you factor in the shipping, import tax and then tax for when they sell them on to us, a £13 increase seems about right.

Looking forward to this now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

When you factor in the shipping, import tax and then tax for when they sell them on to us, a £13 increase seems about right.

Looking forward to this now!

Customs Duty, bills, staff wages, over heads, property insurance, the retailer markup (so they can make a living). Believe me £13 is fair.

where do you get £13 from.....its £23...which is around a 43% mark up on the original cost (£65)of the raptor to my door direct from the USA.......from eagle6 the sender stuck it in a jiffy bag and posted it and the recorded delivery cost £1.52...so if you dont even take into consideration the bulk order discounts, he made at least around a 33% profit for being a middle man...not to mention all the extra traffic he received for his website which will relate to extra sales on other goods.

supply and demand, because people blindly pay these prices and deem it to be fair,then the retailers will feel justified in fixing high prices

• Advertisement

Ok £23. Still, as I've stated. There's a lot of reasons for that mark-up. I've said it before and I'll no doubt say it again. It's not profit, its to cover the over heads. A very, very small amount of the £23 is profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

just a small question seeing as the rear wired ones are out of stock could you wire a front wired one too rear wired .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

Depends on your soldering skill. You need to be careful you don't fry any components, other than that though it's easily done :)

lperrozzi wrote: »
    Depends on your soldering skill. You need to be careful you don't fry any components, other than that though it's easily done :)

And get an anti-static wristband just incase...

thanks for info i wouldnt be doing it any way lol might just put 1 in my masada cause it front wired :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

stigmau5 wrote: »
    thanks for info i wouldnt be doing it any way lol might just put 1 in my masada cause it front wired :)

If it is a Magpul Masada the Raptor or Stealth FETs won't fit.
    They are a direct replacement for a standard V2 switch, the Magpul Masada uses a micro switch, totally different set up.

Rooky1 wrote: »
    If it is a Magpul Masada the Raptor or Stealth FETs won't fit.
    They are a direct replacement for a standard V2 switch, the Magpul Masada uses a micro switch, totally different set up.

thanks for info ill fit it to my g&p stu bby :) thanks bud

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

No bother at all. Glad to help.:)

Advertisement