Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

deise_girl wrote: »
    Just tried to bake Pidgewideons cupcakes...

Greatest baking fail of my life.
    :(

Oh no what happened? :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Oh no what happened? :(

Wow I spelt your name really wrong, sorry :P

Ermm I dunno where to start :L I have some power to make every cake mix really runny, and it stuck to the cases and they didnt really rise! And then I realised I didnt have a thermometer for the water/sugar so I had to guess, but that didnt seem very thick either, runny again >.<

Altho the icing was nice. Ive been just licking the icing :D

I can now really understand just how good at baking you are tho.. Wow like, yours looked perfect!! And the caramel muffins, they looked unreal too!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Forever a bone.
    Forever a phone.

See where I'm going with this one?

Today was just bad news all round.

Wow I spelt your name really wrong, sorry :P

Ermm I dunno where to start :L I have some power to make every cake mix really runny, and it stuck to the cases and they didnt really rise! And then I realised I didnt have a thermometer for the water/sugar so I had to guess, but that didnt seem very thick either, runny again >.<

Altho the icing was nice. Ive been just licking the icing :D

I can now really understand just how good at baking you are tho.. Wow like, yours looked perfect!! And the caramel muffins, they looked unreal too!

I think I've realised the problem. I forgot to include baking powder in the recipe, it was meant to be a tablespoon of it :o In general though it is a fairly runny mixture.

Whoops, that's like the third time I've left out an ingredient. I need to start being more careful!

The best way to tell about the sugar and water is when it's turned goldeny, it's a fairly runny sauce too. It hardens a lot when it cools.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I think I've realised the problem. I forgot to include baking powder in the recipe, it was meant to be a tablespoon of it :o In general though it is a fairly runny mixture.

Whoops, that's like the third time I've left out an ingredient. I need to start being more careful!

The best way to tell about the sugar and water is when it's turned goldeny, it's a fairly runny sauce too. It hardens a lot when it cools.

Ahh I didnt put baking powder in actually... For my pride Ill tell myself that would have helped them, but... :P
    And yea I only read your note about waiting for it to cool after I did it all >.< I think that would have made it better alright, we had leftover tho, so Ill see how that looks tomorrow.. :)

• Advertisement

Ahh I didnt put baking powder in actually... For my pride Ill tell myself that would have helped them, but... :P
    And yea I only read your note about waiting for it to cool after I did it all >.< I think that would have made it better alright, we had leftover tho, so Ill see how that looks tomorrow.. :)

I'm 99% sure that the baking powder would have made them rise, it's the only thing in the ingredients that does it seeing as it's plain flour and not self raising!

Sorry about that!

I had loads of the sauce left over too, I've been eating with ice cream all week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Forever a bone.
    Forever a phone.

See where I'm going with this one?

Forever Wolfe Tone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I miss poi, not having a garden sucks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Sick of this to be honest. This stupid life. Wish something would happen, anything.

oh god, my sleeping pattern has reverted to nocturnal in two days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I feel really sick and I have work at ten...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Feck off mom! Why the f are you so overprotective? Give me some credit. I can make my way around this small country myself without dying FFS! Give me some f'ing space!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

pic

LOLOLOLOL I think I might love you <33333333

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

Work :( Just want to drive my car, away from her all week and then have to spend 12 hours of my weekend with her working! Grrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

I'm screwing up again. My bloody life story.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

"Congratulations, you have been selected to take part in our anonymous survey"

Stop popping up! GTFO!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Cawcheen wrote: »
    "Congratulations, you have been selected to take part in our anonymous survey"

Stop popping up! GTFO!

Only pops up on naughty illegal sites. For Shame!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

wnolan1992 wrote: »

I assure you it's all above board! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Just because that the only place you see it doesn't mean its not on other sites :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Is there anything more annoying than burning your tongue? Ouch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Dublin bus! I missed a train by literally a minute because of their stupid bus stop procedure. Do you really need a stop every 100 metres? :mad:

Mod note:

I'm moving all those forever alone pictures to the den.

My arggh: My friend's keeps texting me asking me to go out tonight, I've gotten like 7 so far but I can't because I'm broke, working in the morning and have two exams on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Me at bus stop, guy and his girlfriend walk up
    Guy - 'Gimme a smoke or I'l bash your head in'
    Me - 'No, thanks'
    Guy - 'Give me your smokes and your wallet or I'l stab yer'
    Me - 'yeah... still not gonna do that.'
    Guy - '****ing Black and Tan wanker....'

Walks away. Ermmm what?

Me and my friend were in an Apple shop style thing in Cork today being amazed by the Macbooks and like I sooo want one but my brother was like don't waste your money, but they're so pretty and effective and nom nom <3 #firstworldproblems

Yupik wrote: »
    Me and my friend were in an Apple shop style thing in Cork today being amazed by the Macbooks and like I sooo want one but my brother was like don't waste your money, but they're so pretty and effective and nom nom <3 #firstworldproblems

Noel, I'm imagining you talking in a constant Graham Norton accent since the last few posts. I'm not sure if I want you to keep it up or stop.

Noel, I'm imagining you talking in a constant Graham Norton accent since the last few posts. I'm not sure if I want you to keep it up or stop.

*talks about cars and engines and.. cutting sticks* THERE YOU GO GRAHAM, THERE YOU GO!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Don't ask me to do something with me if you're not going to follow through! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

cloud493 wrote: »
    Me - 'No, thanks'

Walks away. Ermmm what?

You told a mugger off and he went away from you without stabbing you, and you're posting in argh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Me - 'No, thanks'

Walks away. Ermmm what?

Do you not understand the Black and Tan bit?

Or the whole situation in General?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

UCD open day was such a waste of time for me. The subjects which I found somewhat interesting from online wasn't what I was expecting :( I could have spent my time, doing my DCG project. Yet, I now know I am not to put those subjects on my CAO.
    At least I have DCU to look forward to next weekend.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement