Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioware/EA applications, offices, work and accommodation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Surfacezebra

Yes you are

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

Mr Keek wrote: »
    Would they be intrested with a person with 5 yrs Contact Center in Financial Services, and has no real love for games, I just play of Fifa and Need for Speed on my phone.

You're hardly on the phone speaking with the players.looking for tips to clear the game? Are you?

Far worse, you have to "support" customers by understanding why their platform of choice is acting up i.e. why doesn't my xbox 360 work with my "generic brand" wireless router, but only with this (your employers) game? Big difference between playing a game and understanding the technology that drives it, and explaining it to someone that doesn't. In order to do this job you have to be the cool kid AND the nerd, a rarely achived balance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bubble187

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Hey folks I'm in a position where I need to get back to work soon - This seems right up my alley given I'm a hardcore gamer and have worked in many jobs of all descriptions, customer care included - AND I'm in Galway.

Seems the location of this place has been talked about as 'changed' or changing or whatnot, can anyone give me some concrete details about how I'd get in touch with these folks?

Big thanks. Even if they're not hiring anymore, no harm to throw in a CV or something at the very least.

Hi
    I just applied throught the EA website https://jobs.ea.com/search/quick.do?q=ireland
    As far as i know they are still recruiting so its definatley worth sending your C.V through to them
    good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭kaneda187

dagdha wrote: »
    Hey keep the head up, I got a call yesterday from them and they offered me a job! This was 3 weeks and a day after my face to face interview, they said that they were extremely busy and it was taking them alot of time to get back to people.

Well it will be three weeks tomorrow so....fingers crossed! And thanks for the positive reply I'm a bit of a pessimist :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

It's a bit off-topic but worth mentioning anyway. In the past I've actually gotten offers months after I interviewed for jobs. It hasn't happened that often but enough that I have to wonder sometimes just what some HR departments actually do with their time.

Hope it all works out for those of you that are job-hunting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭swe_fi

Malice wrote: »
    It's a bit off-topic but worth mentioning anyway. In the past I've actually gotten offers months after I interviewed for jobs. It hasn't happened that often but enough that I have to wonder sometimes just what some HR departments actually do with their time.

Self-glorifying PowerPoint presentation adjustments?

Just adding a note here that ZeniMax are also opening here in case anyone missed that and are in to gaming / fit the criteria

http://jobs.zenimax.com/index.php?a=search

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Seems the location of this place has been talked about as 'changed' or changing or whatnot, can anyone give me some concrete details about how I'd get in touch with these folks?

Big thanks. Even if they're not hiring anymore, no harm to throw in a CV or something at the very least.

They're moving to Parkmore West, I think the building used to be FKM? It's the first one on the left as you come in off the roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

if thats the case who is going in to the building on the right just off the roundabout as you go towards SAP :confused:

Westgolf

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

westgolf wrote: »
    if thats the case who is going in to the building on the right just off the roundabout as you go towards SAP :confused:

Westgolf

That's Merit's new building. It's written on the big sign. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

thanks for that;)

cant drive round roundabouts,navigate roadworks and read signs all at the same time:)

Westgolf

• Advertisement

Think that maybe its time to forget about it. I still havent heard anything since the email they sent to everyone about the process... Oh well back to plan B Australia!!

Hold on as they are only contacting people who did not get the job so far,as I did not get it I know.

Hold on as they are only contacting people who did not get the job so far,as I did not get it I know.

When did you apply?

Had face to face interview last monday,email on thursday to say no luck

I had mine on the 22 of september and Im still waiting...
    So I guess no news could be good news...?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 liu83

Could anyone please give an example of the questions they ask?
    Feeling nervous to do this webcam interview, would have preferred to do face to face one.
    thanks

Its all customer service based, I cant actually remember any questions I was very nervous and didn't do well in that interview at all. Well I must have done something right because I got to the next stage but haven't heard anything since...its a month today since I did the face 2 face.
    Anyway good luck!

Got the job start 7th November!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭mcdonnst

Hi all,

I as wondering if anyone has applied recently? Have you heard anything?

I applied 9 days ago online for a few of their positions and have heard nothing.
    I have 4 years customer service/call centre work and find it strange that I haven't heard from them by now. They keep updating their position on Irishjobs.ie. I have created a profile and submitted my CV.

This position would be perfect for me and a little frustrated.

Does anyone maybe have a email address for HR???

Cheers

Go to http://www.bioware.com/careers/galway%2C-ireland and register with EA and just follow the steps.
    good luck!!

• Advertisement

Thanks kaneda187, I did that last Sat and haven't heard anything.

Just seams weird if they have too many applications, why they keep renewing their ad on irishjobs.ie

I cant see how I wouldnt be even suitable for the questionnaire.

Congrats on you getting the job

• Registered Users Posts: 20 xantras.d

I applied for the position and did my face 2 face interview on the 29/09/11, I’m still waiting to hear back from them. I got an email over 3 weeks back saying they were overloaded with applicants, but they would be intouch within 3 weeks.

kaneda187 do you mind me asking when you got word back on the job offer, I think you did your face 2 face the week before me on the 22/09.

Thanks.

xantras.d wrote: »
    I applied for the position and did my face 2 face interview on the 29/09/11, I’m still waiting to hear back from them. I got an email over 3 weeks back saying they were overloaded with applicants, but they would be intouch within 3 weeks.
    Thanks.
    kaneda187 do you mind me asking when you got word back on the job offer, I think you did your face 2 face the week before me on the 22/09.

I got word friday last week (21/10/11) not sure why it took so long. I have friends that applied and were not successful and they both got word of that so as long as they havent said no you could in with a shot....hopefully!
    Good Luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 xantras.d

Thanks

guys,
    how long did you wait to hear about either the questionnaire or video or face 2 face interview.

Did anyone get emails to say you were unsuccessful for even the 1st stage?

The position was again updated by the recruiter today.

Maybe its updated automatically?
    I waited about a week for the questionnaire then a week after for the invitation for the video interview and a week after that I got a call for a face to face that was on the 22/09/11 then found out I got it on the 21/10/11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 malforian

I have been waiting for over 3 weeks to hear the response to my Skype interview, It would appear that maybe i might be successful? as it would appear from this thread that the longer you wait the more likley you have a job lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 claire_27

Sent in my online interview last sat night which I was very nervous doing and I think it showed .Still no reply. How long did it take for any of you guys to hear back that you had got to the face to face interview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 malforian

took me about 2 weeks i believe , been waiting about 3-4 weeks since my skype interview :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Falalala

Hi, my first post so hopefully its a good one :).

I had my automated webcam interview the first week of september, then just under 2 weeks later my skype interview. Then I heard back I had got the job about 5ish weeks later.

As for the Bioware office location it was accurately shown on a map earlier in this thread and the exact address is:

BioWare Ireland Ltd
    Unit 1
    IDA Business & Technology Park
    Parkmore West
    Galway

Hope that helps :). Also there should be a bus stop right by the office and the route it takes comes from the city center. I can't think of any other questions that have been asked so I shall leave it there :).

Advertisement