Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

steam room after weights??

Options
  • 22-10-2011 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

hi all i have developed a simple plan of intensive weights:
    day 1: biceps, triceps, forearms
    day 2: shoulders, back
    day 3: legs
    everyday i work on abs and obliques, and 15 mins cardio, mostly a 12.5km run
    day 4: a longer run.... im tinkering with the run somewhat, roughly 45 mins
    rest day in the middle and at the end of cycle.
    now my question is: there is a pool steam room and jacuzzi, i normally go down stairs and have a 20 min stream and 10 mins in the jacuzzi and thats me done.
    would the steam room be taking away from me? weakening me after the session?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭J-Fit

hi all i have developed a simple plan of intensive weights:
    day 1: biceps, triceps, forearms
    day 2: shoulders, back
    day 3: legs
    day 4: a longer run.... im tinkering with the run somewhat, roughly 45 mins
    rest day in the middle and at the end of cycle.
    now my question is: there is a pool steam room and jacuzzi, i normally go down stairs and have a 20 min stream and 10 mins in the jacuzzi and thats me done.
    would the steam room be taking away from me? weakening me after the session?
    thanks

No, but it might add to dehydration.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

i would generally only go steam room on non cardio days or light cardio days , cant see any reason why it would have a negative effect after lifting weights.my reasoning is to prevent dehydration by first profusely sweating on say thredmill then steam room ,have heard you can remove the good oils from the skin by overdoing it sweat wise
    btw keep up the good work:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

The steam room is not going to do any harm.

However your program is pants.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

are you some sort of gazelle? 12.5km in 15 mins?

are you some sort of gazelle? 12.5km in 15 mins?

I have a feeling that's 12.5km/h. Not distance.

He could be a centaur though, we can't rule that out yet.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Michael 09

However your program is pants.

Nail on head. You have bigger things to worry about than the steam room!

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

yea the 12.5 is km/h sorry:D

as for my programme being pants, ill be honest i dont have a vast knowledge on weights, i came up with this after reading up on programmes. maybe some of you guys with more experience might point me in the right direction, i would really appriciate some help, thanks again for all replies

i LOLed at the gazelle bit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭marathonic

I'm doing Starting Strength at the moment. If you're new to weights, have a look at it, it's a very good programme. It's a 3-day program and you can find more information here.

Here is a thread giving details of two 4 day programs, one of which I intend to switch to after my Starting Strength stalls in the new year.

Moved from H&F

they/them/theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Post up your Goals please OP....

The steam room wont do any harm except add to dehydration as already stated.

Anyways if your training hard enough you shouldnt be able to pull your sorry ass out of the squat rack and into the steam room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

ok thanks guys, a little background, i just turned 30, im six foot tall and in good shape, 86kgs...
    my goal would be to go from good shape to great shape, i am not interested in putting on much weight, more like getting more definition:rolleyes:

Advertisement