Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Terra Nova (TV Show)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Allosaur

Kess73 wrote: »
    Would echo what you have just said. Last night's episode was very dull, with awful acting.

Amazing how a tv show that can have futuristic tech in prehistoric times could be so damn boring.
    Its an art.

But lets give it till the middle of the first season before bringing the axe down. It's still in the charactor establishment phase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Allosaur wrote: »
    Its an art.

But lets give it till the middle of the first season before bringing the axe down. It's still in the charactor establishment phase.

Oh I will tune in next Monday in the hope it gets better, and probably the Monday after that and the one after that again.:D It is all in the hope I get some cool dino moments. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Still a serious lack of dinos in the show. Episode four almost managed to have no dinos at all, with less than five seconds of dino time. :mad:

Could almost get over that if the acting was not so damn wooden by a large number of the cast.

I think I have seen more dino time whilst watching House than I have watching a series that is meant to set in the late Cretaceous.:D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,395 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I haven't watched this at all yet, you guys are kind of putting me off it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Give me the SciFi Channel's campy Lost World series any day.

post-xena-programming.1408199.40.jpg&sa=X&ei=wZqqTu_2Ho2YhQexkYnaDw&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGCxBPbmo8VNj3eHRzQFELEOB6vvg

It has dinosaurs too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

The writers had so much to work with on this one. First of all they were 140 years in the future. And then backinto prehistoric times. And yet they still manage to make it predicatable.

Yes, there was so much they could have done and still they went for the stock characters (moody teenager, cop dad, doctor mother, cute daughter) and same ol' storylines. Would have loved to see a lot more about HOW they set up the society to survive, how they cope with dinosaurs in the vegetable patch etc etc. I suspect there are a few middle-aged male writers who are having military envy! (ie the Leader, v fit and strong middle aged man, who can bring down the youths physically). We've got bars and gambling dens, extra-marital affairs, but no society. And just what were the runes they found in episode 1 or 2??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Slightly disappointed. In that the last few episodes did seem to start to gel and there are few enough SciFi shows out there as is.

Advertisement