Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I Went Down

• 15-06-2011 12:12am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

This has probably been asked to death already, but where was the film "I Went Down" actually filmed? Classic flik:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 the_bigman

Mullingar was it? I can't be certain on that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

the_bigman wrote: »
    Mullingar was it? I can't be certain on that.

Mullingar is mentned in it alright, but I dont recognise any of the places. Maybe it was somewhere around Mullingar, Ballymahon or Killucan or somewhere like that.

I'm especially interested in the scene where they rob the garage. Finding out where thas was is something I have to do before I die!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Does anyone know if theres any word on this becoming available on dvd? I loved this film years ago when I first seen it, been hoping for a long time id be able to see it again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Dunno but it's been asked ere before:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055981307
    There's also a facebook campaign about it. So that should have it sorted soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Does anyone know if theres any word on this becoming available on dvd? I loved this film years ago when I first seen it, been hoping for a long time id be able to see it again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Some was filmed around Tallaght, the house were his ex lived was in Fettercairn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

the black loin pub is just outside kilmaingham on the road leading to the phoenix park..

edit: prob not the best idea to tell people where to download it from since its illegal an all that...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,020 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It was released in Oz on DVD already, apparently not in ireland though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Balfie wrote: »
    the black loin pub is just outside kilmaingham on the road leading to the phoenix park...

Is that the one called "The Concorde Lounge" in the film, or the other one in Cork where Git gets bet up?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

The nightclub scenes at the start were filmed in Dowling's Pub in Prosperous, Co. Kildare. The nightclub is closed now but the pub is still open.
    I'm pretty sure the garage scene was filmed in Clane, Co. Kildare. There's been some major development done on that site in the meantime.
    Google Streetview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

littlejp wrote: »
    The nightclub scenes at the start were filmed in Dowling's Pub in Prosperous, Co. Kildare. The nightclub is closed now but the pub is still open.
    I'm pretty sure the garage scene was filmed in Clane, Co. Kildare. There's been some major development done on that sight in the meantime.
    Google Streetview
    The "boom boom rooms"???

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

The "boom boom rooms"???

That was just put up for the film. There used to be a Dance Hall behind the garage known locally as Behan's Hall. It's a gym now.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Luis21

Rachel Brady ............................ yummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

littlejp wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the garage scene was filmed in Clane, Co. Kildare. There's been some major development done on that site in the meantime.
    Google Streetview

Jasus that's the same place!??? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

newmug wrote: »
    Is that the one called "The Concorde Lounge" in the film, or the other one in Cork where Git gets bet up?

As far as I know it was called the black loin, yeah its the pub where he gets bet up, and falls against the car with blood all over his face when he goes back out to Bunny..

Edit post above mine says its called the Black an Amber.. Dunno where I got the Black Loin from, I remember seeing the big black an yellow sign tho..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

On again there on rte2, it’s a great quirky little movie.

Was there any reason it took them 25 years to resolve the feud or did it just not make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

A barber shop in a garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

I have this theory, about the women...

Love this movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Some of it was filmed in edenmore.

• Advertisement
Advertisement