Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some "interesting" videos...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Breakers Revenge is beast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭spacenugget

Arrgghhhh karnov's revenge.....

Stupid clown and his annoying voice :mad:

"pick a card"

Not so glad you reminded me of this, but I am glad I found this cause at around 8:40 you can see where Capcom got the idea for the africa stage in 4.

I remember really liking this even though my old laptop could never really run anything properly. Might get this if I can find a Wii stick for cheap enough.
    Edit: This was/is played competitivly... lol this I never knew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Now THIS, is a rage quit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

J0hnick wrote: »
    Now THIS, is a rage quit

Isn't PIKACHUAKUMA a notorious hate-mail sending rate quitter as well?

Pot/kettle/etc

Isn't PIKACHUAKUMA a notorious hate-mail sending rate quitter as well?

Pot/kettle/etc

PIKACHUAKUMA =JR Rodriguez, best 3S Akuma in America, he's not a rage quitter but he is a notorious **** talker and has been known to send hate mail. The fact that he always types in all caps doesn't help either :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

GorySnake wrote: »
    Breakers Revenge is beast

AAAAAAAAW YEAAAAAH girl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Only got into Breakers recently.Its the sh1t.
    But now Garou has topped it.Top of the pile,I never really gave SNK fighters a chance but Garou is a work of brilliance.
    My cab is going to waste..HAVE to organize a get together

• Advertisement

3rd Strike > Breakers > Garou, IMO.

Garou is fun but broke as fvck the more you delve into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    3rd Strike > Breakers > Garou, IMO.

Garou is fun but broke as fvck the more you delve into it.

What do you mean? Like there's two characters that dominate the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Have you been reading this book Kiki.
    A cracking read is Steve Farber

greater-than-yourself-ultimate-lesson-true-leadership-stephen-farber-hardcover-cover-art.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Please enlighten us on what is so broken about Garou.

Please enlighten us on what is so broken about Garou.
    In 2 words:
    Feint Cancel.

Massive 60%+ combos aren't helping your case either.

In 2 words:
    Feint Cancel.

Massive 60%+ combos aren't helping your case either.

So a technique that all but one character* has access to and high damage combos make a game "broke as fúck"?

*Grant is good enough without needing Feint Cancels.

So a technique that all but one character* has access to and high damage combos make a game "broke as fúck"?

*Grant is good enough without needing Feint Cancels.

Better than I could've said it, my post kept coming out as "lol".

No, the needlessly high pressure game which is overwhelmingly in favour of the attacker, in addition to huge damage output, creates a broke-as-fúck game.

And I said it was still fun - but I wouldn't be bothered learning it to the highest level.

@Orim 3rd Strike has 4 super-viable characters (Yun, Chun, Ken, Makoto). Another 11 (Dudley, Akuma, Yang, Urien, Necro, Ryu, Hugo, Ibuki, Oro, Alex, Elena) have great options and can still win tournaments. Only 4 (Q, Remy, Twelve, Sean) are shít and will never win it big.

The game has Just-Defend and Guard Cancels to deal with the pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

No, the needlessly high pressure game which is overwhelmingly in favour of the attacker, in addition to huge damage output, creates a broke-as-fúck game.

And I said it was still fun - but I wouldn't be bothered learning it to the highest level.

@Orim 3rd Strike has 4 super-viable characters (Yun, Chun, Ken, Makoto). Another 11 (Dudley, Akuma, Yang, Urien, Necro, Ryu, Hugo, Ibuki, Oro, Alex, Elena) have great options and can still win tournaments. Only 4 (Q, Remy, Twelve, Sean) are shít and will never win it big.

As Chopper has said there is just defend and guard canacel. And pretty much every character has a GTFO move that can be broken to be made fairly safe.

And Chun and Yun do completely dominate 3S. SBO results, EVO results, probably any tournament out there is dominated by Chuns and Yuns. There may be other viable characters but those two stand head and shoulders above the others (may be slightly hyperbolic).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Orim wrote: »
    As Chopper has said there is just defend and guard canacel. And pretty much every character has a GTFO move that can be broken to be made fairly safe.

And Chun and Yun do completely dominate 3S. SBO results, EVO results, probably any tournament out there is dominated by Chuns and Yuns. There may be other viable characters but those two stand head and shoulders above the others (may be slightly hyperbolic).

I'd throw in Makoto tbf in there too, but you're dead right
    No, the needlessly high pressure game which is overwhelmingly in favour of the attacker, in addition to huge damage output, creates a broke-as-fúck game

lol
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

The game has Just-Defend and Guard Cancels to deal with the pressure.
    Orim wrote: »
    You can only Guard Cancel from a JD, and good luck doing a JD during FC pressure - I have yet to see a single player do it, they always get guard-broken.
    And please enlighten me on what you mean by a "safe GTFO move that can be broken"?
    Orim wrote:
    Chun/Yun dominate because they are very good characters, true.
    Chun/Yun are NOT unbeatable, nor do they stand head-and-shoulders above everyone (twins/Akuma give Chun trouble, shotos give Yun trouble).
    Evo was a Chun/Yun fest because Americans aren't that great at the game TBH ;)

Also, tier lists aren't the be-all, end-all for a game; sure Daigo won Evo 2010 with B-tier Ryu.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The 3rd strike tier list is as follows

S Tier

Chun
    Yun

A+ Tier

Ken
    Makoto

A Tier

Dudley
    Urien
    Akuma
    Yang

B Tier

Ryu
    Oro
    Elena

C Tier

Ibuki
    Alex
    Necro
    Hugo

D Tier

Remy
    Q

Dont bother your arse Tier :pac:

Sean

good luck doing a JD during FC pressure

Good luck parrying during genei-jin pressure.
    And please enlighten me on what you mean by a "safe GTFO move that can be broken"?

You know about feint cancelling you should know about breaking, right? Can't call a game broken without knowing all the inbuilt mechanics.
    Chun/Yun are NOT unbeatable

Neither is anyone in Garou, point being?

---

Remember when this was the video thread and not the "Kikis wrong and here's why" thread? :pac:

I know about breaking, it's still not gonna help you during FC pressure. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Remember when this was the video thread and not the "Kikis wrong and here's why" thread? :pac:

I object to the use of the word "the", there are too many threads of this type for any one of them to be the definitive thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

This is 3s tier list

S

Yun
    Chun
    Makoto

A+
    Dudley
    Ken

A
    Yang
    Akuma
    Urien

maybe ryu and the rest is history

oh and you're not meant to parry gj pressure, how can you? gj is too strong on block

• Advertisement

Ramza wrote: »
    oh and you're not meant to parry gj pressure, how can you? gj is too strong on block

That's the entire point.

Kiki implies that not being able to JD out of FC pressure somehow makes Garou more unfair than 3S.

Advertisement