Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Creeture off teh Weak Eez Bak!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 11-08-2011 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

That's right. I've been meaning to (and subsequently forgetting to) keep updating the Creature of the Week list. So, I present to you the first one in ages here.

With only one more to go before our prehistoric alphabet is complete, I propose a question to you, the users of the forum, how would you guys like to take over?
    Ie: have one forum user every week (give or take) write a piece about one of their most cherished prehistoric creatures which will be then added to the master list and tagged accordingly for all to enjoy. I'm not sure exactly how it will work, so throw ideas around if you want. We don't necessarily have to go in alphabetical order (as once the next creature is up we will have a full A-Z anyway).

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

I like the idea :D I have tons of cherised prehistoric creatures

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

What ever happened to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

It's Marco's turn for Z.... however he's fairly busy these days. We were considering handing it over to the fans once we completed the alphabet. Say Adam, how would you like to finish off the series with Z? (something nice n' obscure)

Sure, but how do I do it? Do I just post in that thread, or...?

Start a new thread about a creature of your choice. I'll sticky it.

• Advertisement

Ok :>

So as far as the continuing format goes, now that we've done the whole alphabet, I was thinking of starting from A again. Only this time people post (or PM me~) to reserve letters that they would like to a creature for.
    In that respect, I want to reserve A and C :P

Gimme B then :D And... D XD

It's been a week already?

*starts rummaging for a pencil*

Think i'm gonna regret this...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Let me know what letter you want to have a beastie off and I will make a stab at it. (But fer gawds sake don't expect too much, I think I will be rubbish at it.)

• Advertisement

Since I asked for "B", I'm next... when do I post the new critter?

A week after the last one I guess

So Rubecula, would you like to give C a go?

Why not. Is it time?

Ah no. You've another week to decide what you want to do. I had one in mind but I'm gonna be mad busy next week. Having other people do it freshens things up anyway.

Got one in mind but I may think up another before next week.

Advertisement