Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Templars Hall ..Getting out of Hand..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

There is a couple of idiots on here saying vigilante groups and such nonsense. The real people that should be blamed is the Gardai, not the landlords. The Gards are the ones meant to be stomping this stuff out, yet they are more intersted in cruising around in the cars handing out tickets to those going 10km over the limit. Its the same reason you see drunks drinkin around by the friary area (the heart of our tourist area), the gards drive by and look.

I have experience of noisy neighbours also, not students, for 3 months, every weekend was a massive party, I approached them and asked them to keep it down, i spoke to neighbours about it, i spoke to the gards, they did f-all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Max Powers wrote: »
    There is a couple of idiots on here saying vigilante groups and such nonsense. The real people that should be blamed is the Gardai, not the landlords. The Gards are the ones meant to be stomping this stuff out, yet they are more intersted in cruising around in the cars handing out tickets to those going 10km over the limit. Its the same reason you see drunks drinkin around by the friary area (the heart of our tourist area), the gards drive by and look.

I have experience of noisy neighbours also, not students, for 3 months, every weekend was a massive party, I approached them and asked them to keep it down, i spoke to neighbours about it, i spoke to the gards, they did f-all about it.
    It's already been pointed out on this thread that excessive noise is a civil matter and the Gardaí can't do anything about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

The real people who should be blamed are the small percentage young adults/students who with their behaviour are giving the rest of the student population in Waterford a bad name. There not all p*ss heads you know.

Think the army will have to be brought in for RAG week :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

longshanks wrote: »
    Give me whiskey, a bag of anger and a hurley soaked in salty water. Problem solved.

Another fckn pearl of wisdom. I have to have a drink with you longshanks...we are kindred volk! Your posts inspire me to greatness. If you can't join em...beat em!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭iphonehead

If I was one of the unfortunate few residents out there I think I'd wait until about a week before the exams start and then organise a 3 week p*ss up and street party for the residents and give those scumbags a taste of their own medicine right when they need peace and quiet for their studying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,817 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You really didn't read the whole thread did you? The Gardai are limited by what they can do, and they have no powers when it comes to noise complaints, house parties, or drinking on private property.

Maybe the Gardai stopping people for speeding are the traffic corp, whose sole purpose is traffic related matters?

And these drunks you see driving around, do you ever ring the Gardai to report them? How do you know they're drunk? I'll guarantee no Garda will turn a blind eye to someone they suspect is drink driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

iphonehead wrote: »
    If I was one of the unfortunate few residents out there I think I'd wait until about a week before the exams start and then organise a 3 week p*ss up and street party for the residents and give those scumbags a taste of their own medicine right when they need peace and quiet for their studying

I wouldn't. The fcukers would have to repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

The problems in Templars has made the papers this week, front and page 6 of the news and star

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

There is a couple of idiots on here saying vigilante groups and such nonsense.
    the only way to sort little disrepectful little ****es out is to show em who is boss, they stomp around in the early hours of the morning drunk!! making huge amounts of noise!! damaging people,s property!! being a total nuisance to society!! some of which i,ve witnessed on my way to work some thursday mornings, which in turn disrupts people,s lives due to lack of sleep, which in turn leads to bad performance at work or in the case of kids at school, if the gardai aint bothered in doing anything about it then yeah a few grown men should get together to sort em!! it happened here in tramore few years ago in the estate i grew up in and it was,nt long before the trouble was nipped in the arse!!!! also i,m no idiot thanks very much!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

iphonehead wrote: »

I wouldn't simple because they would probably love it so much they'd join in!!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

the only way to sort little disrepectful little ****es out is to show em who is boss, they stomp around in the early hours of the morning drunk!! making huge amounts of noise!! damaging people,s property!! being a total nuisance to society!! some of which i,ve witnessed on my way to work some thursday mornings, which in turn disrupts people,s lives due to lack of sleep, which in turn leads to bad performance at work or in the case of kids at school, if the gardai aint bothered in doing anything about it then yeah a few grown men should get together to sort em!! it happened here in tramore few years ago in the estate i grew up in and it was,nt long before the trouble was nipped in the arse!!!! also i,m no idiot thanks very much!!!

Agree with this post 100 percent, that is the only way its ever going to be sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

if i lived there i,d defo be cracking and would be pushed to setting up a vigilante group and end up burning the little ****ers outta it, i start work every morning at half four and on way in to work was goin up ballytruckle and only copped it at last min some stupid little **** stood like a starfish in the middle of the road only for i swerved at last min the stupid little biatch would have been on the bonnet of my car all i say is ****in students

great post.. only one problem...

you swerved....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

i think its unfair to say 'fckuin students' as if they are the bane of society, at least the guys will eventually (or should i say hopefully) end up contributing to society, unlike a lot of school leavers who just hang about on the dole and causing more wreck.

however the templars situation is very nerve wrecking, and while i fully understand the student life and all those crazy parties (im studying in dublin myself) it is really offensive to suggest that people who moved to templars 'should have known what they are getting themselevs into'. nobody should have to 'expect' to be kept up all night. i think if residents and students maybe got to know each other (dream on i hear you say) some sort of balance could be achieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Nypd wrote: »
    The problems in Templars has made the papers this week, front and page 6 of the news and star

Everything that stirs up a reaction on Waterford boards makes it into the N&S. Didn't you know we're their 'according to sources'?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

At least our opinions are noteworthy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

gscully wrote: »
    Nypd wrote: »

Everything that stirs up a reaction on Waterford boards makes it into the N&S. Didn't you know we're their 'according to sources'?

Waterford today have taken the story to front page aswell,
    They say 5 arrests, at least that's progress, for the residents there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,817 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

How did last night go?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Getting a LOT of publicity now, maybe something will actually be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ziedth wrote: »
    At least our opinions are noteworthy :)
    I concur.

Me and yerself where quoted a few months back so obviously our opinions are more noteworthy than the rest of the peasants on here. Bahaha

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Liz Reddy just posted this on her twitter account
     RT @LilyReddy: Residents in Templars Hall Estate in #Waterford endure another night of anti-social behaviour. Hear a 20 minute report at 1 on #wlrfm news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

If I lived out there I'd be a busy boy with a baseball bat.

And listen to the interview with the student.

"I had no intences of going out..".

Intences? Back to school with ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I got woken from my slumber by some delightful singing at about 4. Although im in the middle of town :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

If I lived out there I'd be a busy boy with a baseball bat.

And listen to the interview with the student.

"I had no intences of going out..".

Intences? Back to school with ya.

They reckoned on the radio she was drunk.

That's a fair assumption alright. Still I enjoy pointing out people who make up their own words.

The sheer bombosity of it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

One thing I will ask is why Templars Hall is getting such preferential treatment here. I'm sure there are a few young families living on manor street that get an even worse time or I'm even lismore park surely sees it's fair share.

I'm sure it's awful in TH and I hope they get a bit of peace but if I lived next to a noisy student house in I dunno Hillview I'd be raging I wasn't getting any media help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jamjam24

i feel for the residents down in templars it just seems to be getting worse and worse .. it will get worse with halloween , xmas day and rag week still to come they are in for a tough few months of it ...

And let's spare a thought for the students that are just trying to get a bit of kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Boooourns

I'm going to complain about the language on WLR, i'm ringing Billy MaCarthy tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭6600

Sorry but I feel compelled to write this.

I am someone who has gone to a Dublin college but who has also gone out on student nights in Waterford and know lots of people who attend WIT I have to say that Waterford seems to be a good bit worse than other places for antisocial behaviour by students. In my opinion the reasons are:

1. The majority of students know lots of people from their secondary schools as its where most of them end up after they do the leaving. They never lose the secondary school herd mentality and never have to leave the comfort zone of having to make new friends. They continue on as they did in school only this time with money, drink and no parents, but still act like children.
    2. Lets face it, most WIT students are not high achievers, very few would have gotten over 350 points. These people are more likely to be trouble-maker types. This is just a fact of life. They also probably went to college because they couldn't think of anything else to do and are not really that interested in the course they are doing. Have these people got the academic skills to take a degree course? Probably not.
    Being in a college where nearly everyone else is more intelligent than you challenges you and pulls you up to their level. Having seen and been out in WIT I can only see how you would be pulled down by the mediocrity of the people around you.
    3. The atmosphere in WIT is more like a school than a college. The 'us against the teacher' type attitude. This means the students don't grow up until they leave the place.

Also, IMO WIT in know way resembles a university. I don't know where they got the idea they should be allowed call it one.

Advertisement