Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to start?

Options
  • 21-09-2011 7:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, so I live in Dublin, just went to college, signed up for Airsoft club. So I was wondering just outside college if I want to start this thing, what would I need? well ok buy guns? where are they kept? at home or somewhere? Do I really need to get friends to organise event or are there some kind of you guys looking for people? I mean I had no experience with airsoft whatsoever before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

arleitiss wrote: »
    Hey, so I live in Dublin, just went to college, signed up for Airsoft club. So I was wondering just outside college if I want to start this thing, what would I need? well ok buy guns? where are they kept? at home or somewhere? Do I really need to get friends to organise event or are there some kind of you guys looking for people? I mean I had no experience with airsoft whatsoever before.

It's as simple as; pick a site - by yourself or with friends; it matters not. Airsofters are generally quite a sociable bunch - that's convenient for yourself or you like the look of, notify them that you'll be wanting to try it out with a 'hire' package (they'll provide guns, face protection, etc. for you) and then turn up and enjoy! And take it from there.

To answer the rest of your questions; to buy guns you need money. There are no requirements for where they are kept although common sense should be employed (i.e. out of sight, etc.). And no you don't need to concern yourself with events when starting out, as fun as they may be. Just get some plain old skirmish days under your belt first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

if you're staying in halls, you may not be allowed to keep them there, so at home may be best.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Ask the head of your college club/soc. They should be able to help you with any questions you might have and point you in the right direction.

Also before you buy anything, I'd reccomend visiting a site first just to make sure you like it. :)

Advertisement