Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paddy power poker

Options
  • 31-08-2011 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

i started on pp about a week ago and ive now lost roughy 300euro on it,at first i just thought it was bad luck but the more i played the more the same things started to happen.for example i had aq and the flop was 35q,i went all in and got called by pocket nines,by now i know the weaker hand on the flop will 99% of the time beat the stronger hand on the flop on pp and it did,he hit a 9 on the river.this happens over and over again unless you have a small stack and it will let you win.if you can figure out how the site works someone could make a fortune because this site is crazy.in another instance i had pocket kings and someone went all in with q9 the flop was kq3 the turn was a q and the river was a q,this sort of thing happens too often at this site and id like to know if anyone know whats up.im by no means an outstanding player but i think the hands are not random and there are paddypower players playing that have inside info on how it works or something.i think a lot of the calls that are made by people that have no right to call normaly are stooes or something,there is just too many madness calls that end up winning.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I made a smart post so i have edited it. I made a similar thread to this when I started playing poker too. I didnt understand the game but I thought I did. Dont deposit any more money online until you have read or watched alot of strategy. When you do feel more confident play the smallest stakes available and see how you do. You really need to make an effort yourself to learn the ins and outs and all the software etc people are using.

The hands you posted are standard and happen to people every single day. Without bad beats and people sucking out with bad odds weak players would not play the game, they keep coming back again.

Google alot of stuff, like software, forums etc etc. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Rocksteadykk

It's called a bad beat...get used to it! Paddy Power makes far too much money for them to have some sort of rigged system. I would imagine it's 100% down to the cards. I've seen worse happen in live games...the only reason it seems like its happening more here is that the play is faster. More hands played = more likely to see more bad beats. I would not move up to higher stakes if you're losing 300 euro that easily...they will destroy you at the better tables!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Sure if its that simple that the worse hand on the flop always wins, just wait and go all-in with rubbish on the flop and you're a guaranteed winner!!

Seriously, look uo random generators and how they work. And if you're a beginner, as you obviously are, you shouldnt be losing that kinda money. But you obviously know nothing about bankroll management. Go to a poker forum where stratagy is discussed and ask the questions you need answered. The forum with the most traffic and up to date stratagy advice is on irishpokerboards.com.

GL at the tables

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Antikythera

Online poker is an absolute circus. It bears no resemblance to the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

pub-po5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Really, how so, you sound like you know what you are talking about i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Ugh, people who think poker companies rig poker software in this way are just in denial. Get your **** together and get over the bad beats, or just please come to grips with the fact that your not good at online poker.

Why the **** would they rig it? They make money off you playing poker, not losing. The cards are random, the results are random yet you think you see a pattern, its sad really and your just gonna keep blaming your losing on them and not yourself...

Or y'know, try learn and move on and get better at the game itself and have some fun and maybe make money..

mdwexford wrote: »
    Really, how so, you sound like you know what you are talking about i reckon.

Yeah I'm a fkn expert. Who are you?

nix wrote: »
    The cards are random, the results are random

Lol yeah right! Sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Yeah I'm a fkn expert. Who are you?

Im an actual expert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,311 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Can confirm that mdwex is indeed an expert.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Im an actual expert.

Yeah right, you've probably never even played poker. If you had, you'd know that the online craic is a load of old bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Yeah right, you've probably never even played poker. If you had, you'd know that the online craic is a load of old bollox.

lol, there's millions of hands worth of people going against you on this one.

Can also confirm that MD is an expert.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,311 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

If you had, you'd know that the online craic is a load of old bollox.

In what way - do you have detailed examples/statistical proof of it being 'a load of old bollox' or is it just a perception of a handful of exit hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Quit while your ahead mate your making quite a tit out of yourself.

Lol yeah right! Sure.

Oh you have evidence countering it? no you don't, you have assumptions.

Sit!

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

The fact that your blaming the software just shows everybody here that in fact you just can't play cards very well.The online sites make money from people playing they don't care who wins so they have no reason to rig it.

Quit while your ahead mate your making quite a tit out of yourself.

I'll stay ahead. I've made quite a tit out of you, don't you see?

I'll stay ahead. I've made quite a tit out of you, don't you see?

No, only you're seeing that mate, suppose this forums rigged now eh? With it not working in your favour :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I cant believe this old chestnut is still going.The poker site makes cash from the reg so it is not beneficial to them at all to rig games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

Of course its rigged.

there is no other reason for you to lose...?

twoplustwo forums.

spend a few hours on there to begin to understand where things are going wrong and dont focus on one hand you got unlucky with.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

poker is rigged:mad:

i was havin a little punt the other night and ended up getting it allin preflop with AA against a guys AK and the flop comes 10, 7, 2 the jack hits on the turn with a fking queen on the river.

i mean where did that come out off, the odds must have been astronomical:eek:

i'd say paddy was sitting in his armchair in his big mansion with his smoking jacket on, in front of a big open log fire swirling his finest cognac around in his brandy glass and holding a fat cuban cigar in his other hand and LOLing at my dimmise. and built into the arm of his arm chair is a big red button with a 'Q' symbol on it...... . . and you can guess what the dirty c**t did on the river :mad:

And if you hit the ace you would laugh and think you're skilled, your missing the big picture, as with the majority of poker players.

If you think its fixed, then you're not cut out for poker, so just stop wasting your money, yeah ?

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

And if you hit the ace you would laugh and think you're skilled, your missing the big picture, as with the majority of poker players.

If you think its fixed, then you're not cut out for poker, so just stop wasting your money, yeah ?

this is just terrible advice imo

I take it your being extremely sarcastic, if not, i have so much pity for you, and by all means, keep donating money to other poker players ;)

switch to boylepoker, game is much softer there than Paddy Power.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

And don't forget to post your SN, so we can help you get better.

zuroph wrote: »
    switch to boylepoker, game is much softer there than Paddy Power.

Its the same network that paddy power uses, which means exact same software and players, only difference is it says boyle sports everywhere instead of paddy power :rolleyes:

Its the same network that paddy power uses, which means exact same software and players, only difference is it says boyle sports everywhere instead of paddy power :rolleyes:

167212d1301012118-2010-2011-nba-season-thats_the_joke.jpg

• Advertisement

heh, Sarcasm sure is lost through the internet, for me anyway :(

Advertisement