Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jamiroquai

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Never really liked their stuff, always felt like most of their tracks were just long choruses. This track is decent though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I used to love Jamiroquai but never liked anything after travelling without moving album. Jay Kay seemed to get too far up himself and some of the songs were awful. Still listen to the old stuff quite a bit and will always give the new stuff a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Travelling without Moving is a brilliant album alright. The rest of their stuff bar a few tracks is pretty forgettable imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Dr.Crump

I really like this performance of Cosmic Girl ;
    I hope they come to Dublin in the coming months :rolleyes:

Folks check out a gig done from a place called "La Scala" which I thnk is in London. I managed to get it on dvd(bootleg) ages ago but cant remember where from. Its the best live gig I've seen of the band, no big drawn out instrumentals or long finishes to songs. Just packed full of tracks and the way you want a gig to be.

Youtube has a lot of it by looks of it, heres a great version of high times

I dunno how to work it so the video shows up here so just click the link ;)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSo9MbwmWnM&feature=related

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 foxtrot hotel

Great version of High Times Devastator,Thanks.
    This blew my mind ! Turn up your speakers MAX (from 1995)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Devastator wrote: »
    Folks check out a gig done from a place called "La Scala" which I thnk is in London. I managed to get it on dvd(bootleg) ages ago but cant remember where from. Its the best live gig I've seen of the band, no big drawn out instrumentals or long finishes to songs. Just packed full of tracks and the way you want a gig to be.

Youtube has a lot of it by looks of it, heres a great version of high times

Fixed your link. ;)

If you want to embed a video from Youtube take the code after the v= in the Youtube URL and put it inside

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Fixed your link. ;)

If you want to embed a video from Youtube take the code after the v= in the Youtube URL and put it inside

Cheers,

I'll try that next time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 EmmaAstra

Devastator wrote: »
    I used to love Jamiroquai but never liked anything after travelling without moving album. Jay Kay seemed to get too far up himself and some of the songs were awful. Still listen to the old stuff quite a bit and will always give the new stuff a try.
    Same here, there was a drop in quality after the was that band re-shuffle (or somebody left?). Good to see live, Jay's worth the watch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

I loved Jamiroquai back in the day of that acid jazz movement of the early '90's first 3 albums where great went a bit funny after Synkronized. Loved Blow your mind, Virtual Insanity, Space Cowboy real chill out music. Think Jay Kay was a bit cocky in those days when he was dating Denise Van Outen guess that was the appeal flash cars and women :) I think now I read he chills out in a huge country house with his classic v expensive cars, dogs no woman though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 02572

Somebody found this. Its Jay Kays first song (Before he set up Jamiroquai (1989) I think).. Jamiroquai was set up in 1993
    Anyways, only a few tapes where pressed and someone has uploaded the track to youtube! I actually really like it. Very old school

Advertisement