Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alton Towers

Options
  • 09-09-2011 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi there, there's a few of us heading for Alton Towers in the 1st week of November for two days and were just wondering if the park would be busy at that time of year. would there be any need to buy the fast pass add-on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Josierosie

MRJ wrote: »
    Hi there, there's a few of us heading for Alton Towers in the 1st week of November for two days and were just wondering if the park would be busy at that time of year. would there be any need to buy the fast pass add-on.
    Heading there myself with my lovely boyfriend. Queues should be grand at that time, sure ya can have the wild craic in the lines sneering each other ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭MRJ

Josierosie wrote: »
    Heading there myself with my lovely boyfriend. Queues should be grand at that time, sure ya can have the wild craic in the lines sneering each other ;)
    Yeah dont think there will be to much of a crowd there at that
    time of year sure we'll see wahts its like when we get there.. thanks for the reply joiserosie, hope you enjoy your visit!!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,344 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You might want to check - it's the end of season and they (certainly used to) do firework displays - some of the best ones you'll ever see. They tend to run them at weekends around Halloween and Guy Fawkes (5th November). These days can get quite busy

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭MRJ

Beasty wrote: »
    You might want to check - it's the end of season and they (certainly used to) do firework displays - some of the best ones you'll ever see. They tend to run them at weekends around Halloween and Guy Fawkes (5th November). These days can get quite busy
    Thanks for the relpy Beasty, we're heading midweek so am hoping the queues will be small. I was looking at something on the website and it showing the same dates that we're going as being "off peak".

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

I went there 3 years ago at peak times and the queues were crazy, i was told once kids go back to school its alot better and not as bad on the weekends but there no queues on the weekdays at all.On the plus side too there saying it be wamr enough in nov aswell so ye wont be freezing while yer on them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭LifeBeginsAt40

I used to go to Alton Towers every year, the 1st Wednesday in October!

That means the kids are at school, the parents are at work, the Universities are at Uni.

The weather will be rubbish = no queues.

We managed 31 rides each in a day, try that in July ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Anyone been to Alton Towers recently? What's it like these days?

Advertisement