Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Main Guard, Clonmel. Spelling mistakes in exhibit.

Options
  • 09-09-2011 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭

If anyone has visited the OPW's Main Guard in Clonmel, Co. Tipperary, you may have noticed the display boards in the permanent exhibition upstairs are FULL of spelling and grammar mistakes. They are just minor typos and grammar errors like missing commas and stuff, the meaning is still clear but it shows a lack of attention on the part of the signmakers/producers.
    It also shows the laid back attitude of the OPW authorities in accepting, and paying for, non-perfect signboards. If it was private sector, they would be sent back to the makers and no payment made until a new correct board was supplied. If I was the project supervisor when the exhibit was being set up, i would not have accepted them or paid for them. I would demand completely new boards made up - no of this putting a little sticker with the correction over the mistake like you see in some places. Very very unprofessional and would reflect pooly on everyone involved. Why don't the signmakers and OPW supervisor proof read the material before it is printed or goes on display.

It just makes a terrible impression on tourists and pedantic feckers like me. Me I and the OH were there the other day and i kept pointing out all the mistakes in the text, much to her irritation!

has anyone else seen it and does it occur in other OPW sites. I

Comments

Advertisement