Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Sign Language Club/Society

Options
  • 28-07-2011 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hey!

I'm wondering if there would be much of interest in ISL club at LYIT after huge success at DIT this year and last year, they have a page on facebook but I'm unable to access facebook at moment. They also have few video clips on youtube which I couldn't access either.

It bascially would consist of weekly sign language classes (1 hour per week) and hopefully trips to Dublin for Irish Deaf Youth Association (IDYA)'s nights out & events.

Cheers!

Mod, I know there is a thread for clubs already but this is to find out if there would be anyone interested in the idea.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

As in like sign language but As Gaeilge or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭XDivaX

theboss80 wrote: »
    As in like sign language but As Gaeilge or what?

It is just what Deafies call sign language here because there are British Sign Language and American Sign Language etc- you get the drift. It is in English but is a whole different language on its own too.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭XDivaX

Here the link for DIT Sign Language Society's facebook page. You should be able to access youtube clips from there too.

http://www.facebook.com/DITSignLanguageSociety?sk=app_4949752878

• Registered Users Posts: 8 shireenshortt

Hi XDivaX I'm from the DIT sign soc . . . anything we can do for you, let us know! you can get me at - I look after social media and the videos. Some other colleges are thinking of getting a sign soc going too, it would be great to see some co-operation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

please dont post e-mail addresses.if you want to get in contact, then send a pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Did you get in contact with anyone in the student union in relation to establishing the club?
    I would have an interest anyway. :D

Advertisement