Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinosaur Revolution (TV show)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

It's gonna be awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

A revolting dinosaur? Or a revolving dinosaur?

Frankly I am not sure which scares me the most:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I'm sure the scavenger breeds rather like the concept of revolting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

Galvasean wrote: »

T-Rex has always been awesome XD

Great design, great CG, I'm impressed :D I wanna see this so badly now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Nice video Galvesean, but for some reason those T_rex remind me of Skeltor from the He-man cartoon.
    thumbnail.aspx?q=1177428692277&id=a18bae53433d7cec3ccbda2318d63702&url=http%3a%2f%2fcoreyfolo.files.wordpress.com%2f2010%2f11%2fmore-skeletor.jpg

Looking great :D

Enjoy

Tyrannosaurus rex

dinosaur-revolution.jpg?d=600

Eoraptor

Cryolophosaurus

app_full_proxy.php?app=23798139265&v=1&size=o&cksum=5d7089d38ab6d108ce7f1211c08c4699&src=http%3A%2F%2Fblogs.smithsonianmag.com%2Fdinosaur%2Ffiles%2F2011%2F08%2Fdinosaur-revolution-discovery.jpg

Torvosaurus

Rahonavis

Lusotitan

Torvosaurus and Rhamphorhynchus

Saurosuchus

Cryolophosaurus

T-Rex vs Triceratops (I don´t think this ends good for any of them)

More Lusotitans

Anhanguera

23272_25_0610_00421_00329_event_main.jpg

The inclusion of Torvosaurus pleases me. Such an underrated monster. An interesting take on the beast too.

The inclusion of Torvosaurus pleases me. Such an underrated monster. An interesting take on the beast too.

Yeah, I love the design :D And the colors

• Advertisement

Never heard the name Dinheirosaurus before..

Never heard the name Dinheirosaurus before..

I had, but I know nothing about it anyways XD (All those sauropods look the same to me).
    It seems that it's a diplodocid, tho, so I'm thinking the pic I posted above that says "Lusotitan" is probably Dinheirosaurus, as Lusotitan was a brachiosaur.

The guide says it's tail was 35 feet. Must have been a grand old beast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Can't wait :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

Well, it looks like it'll be entertaining...god awful but entertaining

GWolf wrote: »
    Well, it looks like it'll be entertaining...god awful but entertaining

Why awful? The creators specifically said it would be storytelling, not hard science. It's about entertaining- and I think it's gonna achieve that very well.

Adam Khor wrote: »
    Why awful? The creators specifically said it would be storytelling, not hard science. It's about entertaining- and I think it's gonna achieve that very well.

It's got a bit much of a Jurassic Fight Club vibe for my taste. Now it's good they admit "It's just for fun lads"...but, I don't like watching these and just having my brain subconsciously tick off easy errors.

That said...T. rex with a skull for a head DOES look kinda cool

GWolf wrote: »
    It's got a bit much of a Jurassic Fight Club vibe for my taste. Now it's good they admit "It's just for fun lads"...but, I don't like watching these and just having my brain subconsciously tick off easy errors.

That said...T. rex with a skull for a head DOES look kinda cool

I don´t think it looks/feels like Jurassic Fight Club at all. If you've seen the short clips they've released, they are more like animated shorts- more humorous than violent. JFC had no humour; it was all blood and noise and absurd battles. It bad as a documentary AND bad as fiction. Dinosaur Revolution I think will be good fiction, that's all.

Apparently Dinosaur Revolution will use minimal narration. Jurassic Fight club had constant cutaways to an overly eccentric palaeontologist (think Bakker after taking speed, but without the charm) yelling completely unsubstantiated factoids.

• Advertisement

Apparently Dinosaur Revolution will use minimal narration. Jurassic Fight club had constant cutaways to an overly eccentric palaeontologist (think Bakker after taking speed, but without the charm) yelling completely unsubstantiated factoids.

He wasn't a palaeontologist...he was an accountant. Or something like that. Enthusiastic amateur you'd say...a poorly scripted one

Discovery are selling the DVD on their website for $30. Extras include the Phil Currie documentary Dino Gangs and 2 episodes of Dinosaur Planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Any idea when the UK Discovery channel is showing or have I managed to somehow miss that info on the page?

Well premier is today for normal Discovery. I'll grab the torrent.

I was checking out Discovery UK's website. Nothing about it at all.
    I thought the days of us cretinous European's having to wait months extra for TV shows were long gone :(

Looking for the torrent can't find it yet :(

Found the torrents on piratebay dudes! On 2nd episode now. Pretty good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

I think you mean Holtz.
    Baaker is very laid back I find. Curry looks like he's asleep. and Horner.....Well god bless him....

• Advertisement

I saw the two first episodes already. I liked them, but... wasn´t quite what I expected.
    The creature design is good, the animation is not as good as it appeared in the trailer, though, and the storytelling is just ok. Maybe a little on the cartoony side but, we all knew it would be like that so, I don´t complain.

What bothered me the most, funnily enough, was that
    the sounds made by many dinosaurs were instantly recognizable as the sounds of modern day animals, for example the female Eoraptors are gibbons, the Torvosaurus is a cougar, and the worst part, at one point you hear a red-tailed hawk screeching in a Triassic canyon. I mean, yeah, I know recording actual non-avian dinosaur sounds is difficult nowadays but, they could have altered the sounds a little bit to make them less obvious. :S

Oh, and I loved the Cretoxyrhina design :D

Advertisement