Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

higher cert in I.T. support

• 23-08-2011 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Just wondering does anyone have any knowledge onthe I.T. support course, online it says its most applicants will bee mature students but im not and im wondering is it going to matter??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Shouldn't matter a bean :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Nope definitely wont matter at all, if anything it will be better as the older age groups tend to help you out far quicker than someone of your own age, thats speaking from experience !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭firemansam4

i'm in 2n'd year doing this course, we are all mature students in our class but I cant see why you would have to be. Course is very good and I would definitely recommend it to anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

It sounds good, I think I will apply anyway. Sounds ridiculous but im worried it might be too difficult! Any insight on the course guys?

Talula_d wrote: »
    It sounds good, I think I will apply anyway. Sounds ridiculous but im worried it might be too difficult! Any insight on the course guys?

Well I went into this course as a complete carrier change and haven't that much experience in IT.
    I think that once you attend the classes and try to keep up to date with the assignments you should be fine, a lot of us on the course went into the exams having nearly passed already, just from the Continuous assessment.

We wouldn't all be brain boxes or anything doing this course and i include my self most of all in that statement! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

sounds good then..I do have an interest in IT but i was afraid i'd be out of my depth if I applied but it sounds like if you put in the work and time the course sounds good,how did you find the interview for it?and what are the fees like?

Well over a year now since i went for that interview, guess its much like any other interview, there was two instructors interviewing me.
    One thing i will say is that they will probably probe you into why you want to do this course and if you have any experience in IT.

If i was going back into the interview now i would try and list a few things related to IT support that I might have done myself on my own computer or something, such as maybe putting in ram into a computer, or installing or upgrading my operating system, or anything It related.

Its good just to know one or two things like this to be prepared if they ask.

Cant really comment on the fees as being a mature student i am on the BTES and get a grant to pay for fees, although from now on you cant claim both, i was just lucky to get in on the last year

Advertisement