Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Salute! 2011 - Now Free Entry!

• 10-05-2011 11:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

Not strictly an airsoft event, but I know alot of people here do attend regularly.

Show has moved to Malahide Castle this year, but will be the same dates as always (27th & 28th August)

saluteflyer.jpg

Website - Facebook

Disclaimer: Yes, I am involved in organising this event :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

I have no connection to either event but has this event moved or is it a second event of the same name as one being run earlier in the month ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

The traditional dates for Salute in the national show centre were not available this year, which is why it has moved to Malahide Castle. The previously advertised dates earlier in the month are, as far as I am aware, now cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

Cheers , would like to attend but didn't know which was better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

probably give it a nosey, go along with the misses and her nephew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

I'll deff go (First time to be at a military show) Can we were our Gear and all that Jazz?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭AUDIE MURPHY

I'll deff go (First time to be at a military show) Can we were our Gear and all that Jazz?
    WHY?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭JonnyTwoCombs

WHY?

+ 1............Why? :eek:

I don't know I was just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Harveey

There's really no point wearing any gear down unless your taking part in one of the demonstrations on the day:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Harlequin Wolf

I'll try an pop down to spy up the vendors.

• Advertisement

Ticket prices for this year's show:

Adults: €7
    Under 16s: €4
    Students (with valid Student I.D. Card): €5
    Family: €15
    Parking: Free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Any concession/student rate?

Will look into that and find out for you, I'm not looking after admission myself :)

Aye, thats no bother. Sure I'll ask over on livinghistory.

:)

I've been told there will be a student rate, I just need to find out exact pricing for it for you.

Hi All,

We're delighted to announce revised ticket prices for this year's Salute! show in Malahide Castle.

Adults: €7
    Under 12s: €4
    Students (with valid Student I.D. Card): €5
    Family: €15
    Parking: Free

Looking forward to seeing you there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

will there be any stands or stalls selling camo i really need a british dpm jacket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭whydave

should be one or two, maybe !

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    will there be any stands or stalls selling camo i really need a british dpm jacket

Yup, you're fairly likely to get some British DPM kit alright, along with who knows what other weird and wonderful things! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Thanks for the info kdouglas and dave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Gizmoisgiddy

Hey guys,
    Mariel here,
    I'm the secretary for the club running Salute this year
    The Association of Military Enthusiasts
    If anyone would be interested in joining the club,
    I will have loads of membership and IVS forms with me the whole weekend of the event
    if anyone want's me to e-mail them forms, my e-mail is gizmodeon@gmail.com

Look forward to seeing many airsofters there this year!

-Mariel

************** ANNOUNCEMENT *************
    We are incredibly pleased to announce, due to an agreement with our sponsor, that entry to this year's Salute! show will be FREE to all who wish to attend. Yes, that's right, FREE, nada, zilch....

Adult: FREE
    Child: FREE
    Parking: FREE
    Student: FREE
    OAP: FREE
    Unemployed: FREE
    Aliens from the nearest inhabitable planet: €10...... Just kidding! FREE!

AIME would greatly appreciate any voluntary donations at the gate which will go towards future Salute! events and the future preservation and restoration of historical artifacts and vehicles.

Awesome :)

Out of curiosity, who is the sponsor?

KonFusion wrote: »
    Awesome :)

Out of curiosity, who is the sponsor?
    They're a silent sponsor :)

Well done to all from AIME, The Great War Society and IMRG who were on TV3's Ireland AM this morning promoting the show. They looked great.

Off to begin set up now, hope to see some of you there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Will be there bright and early. Should be a blast :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

i cant wait, just packing my gear now!

thermo wrote: »
    i cant wait, just packing my gear now!

You one of the reenactors Thermo?

swiftblade wrote: »
    You one of the reenactors Thermo?

among other things, yeah!

• Advertisement

swiftblade wrote: »
    You one of them actors, Thermo?
    yeah!
    The truth is out !!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

the place looked great this evening when I was on the way home.
    Hope to see many of you over the weekend !
    David

whydave wrote: »

David

Indeed, setup is going very well so far, thanks to all who made it over to help out today, looking forward to the rest of the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

David

Lol!

I'll be up tomorrow morning with Thermo, can't wait!

David
    for spilling the beans, you sir will not be allowed play with the toys over the weekend!

for spilling the beans, you sir will not be allowed play with the toys over the weekend!

Not cool man, not Cool !!!!
    see you tomorrow !

Not cool man, not Cool !!!!
    see you tomorrow !

you will, you cant miss me, ill be the one with the L42................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Just home from setup see you all in the morning now gear packed and ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AIRSOFT_COLM

What time is this starting at guys ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

What time is this starting at guys ? :)

Hey Colm
    On Facebook it says it starts at 10am:).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Gates open at 10am and finish at 1800

Just drove by Malahide. Knew there was something on but couldn't remember what....home now. Facepalm! :o

Back out I go so :rolleyes:

Hope you feckers haven't bought all the good stuff already! :P

• Advertisement

well I have to say that was a great weekend (the time I could stay) thanks to one and all for the Event of the year (I think !!!)

David

Few pictures from the day (didn't stay long enough fro the airsoft event :( )

IMG_3274.jpg

IMG_3275.jpg

IMG_3277.jpg

IMG_3281.jpg

IMG_3282.jpg

IMG_3287.jpg

IMG_3306.jpg

IMG_3325.jpg
    IMG_3326.jpg

IMG_3346.jpg

IMG_3354.jpg

IMG_3377.jpg

Good photos swiftblade, thanks for posting them.

Thanks to all who made it down to visit the show over the weekend and thank you to all who helped out. It was a great weekend and we hope you all enjoyed the show.

kdouglas wrote: »
    Good photos swiftblade, thanks for posting them.

Thanks to all who made it down to visit the show over the weekend and thank you to all who helped out. It was a great weekend and we hope you all enjoyed the show.
    After all my excitement couldn't make it because My Sister had to go to college :(

that was a great weekend, i had loads of fun i especially liked being the gunner and firing the cannon and watching loads of people sh1t themselves!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

i would have given the show 2/5. i expected to see quite alot more vehicles as there was a few years ago, and i didint expect two filth bags fighting. really brought the show down. other than that it was a nice outing for the family. but if i had to pay at the gate id have puked. it seemed more of an army surples jumble sale than a military show. could have been alot better but for reasons not entirely in the control of the organisers.

c-90 wrote: »
    i would have given the show 2/5. i expected to see quite alot more vehicles as there was a few years ago, and i didint expect two filth bags fighting. really brought the show down. other than that it was a nice outing for the family. but if i had to pay at the gate id have puked. it seemed more of an army surples jumble sale than a military show. could have been alot better but for reasons not entirely in the control of the organisers.

Feedback is always welcome, but a few points;

"alot more vehicles as there was a few years ago" - There were just short of 50 vehicles present at Salute! this year, this is on a par with all previous Salute! shows, not to mention the many re-enactors who came out to exhibit at the show.

"two filth bags fighting" - Please do elaborate on this, as one of the organisers/assistants at the show, I was not made aware of this at any point, there was security and Gardai on site over the weekend who this type of incident should have been reported to.

"more of an army surples jumble sale than a military show" - Stalls are always a part of any show of this type, some people have an interest in browsing the wares and purchasing while attending, others do not. The stalls section was only a minor part of the show and was kept completely separate to all other aspects of the show, so I'm not sure what you expect in this regard, but if you have any suggestions, please feel free to provide them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

maybe i was wrong about the vehicle count but in 2008 i remembered there being more (memory can be awfull inaccurate), and there was a driving display. could be wrong but was there an irish army involvment aslo? an if not maybe getting in contact with the army press office and inviting them along to the next show.

there was two filthbags fighting, dressed in dpm with airsoft guns in the jumble stalls, didnt last very long but they were threatening to "eat" eachother and it was enough to scare my partner and 9 month old baby. it was at aprox 3:30 pm on the sunday. they were split up shorlty. this is almost completely out of the control of the organisers.

and my last point. the lay out of the show, the renactment area seemed fine but then the vehicles were along the edge with the stalls in the middle seemed like they were the focus and the vehicles were pushed out.

just to be clear, im not trolling or trying to bring the show down, im giving my honest opinion. everything has room to improve and without identifying which particular areas to improve its harder to do so. if i praised it and ignored the flaws that i saw then im sure it would be very similar next year, and would deter me from going.

c-90 wrote: »
    maybe i was wrong about the vehicle count but in 2008 i remembered there being more (memory can be awfull inaccurate), and there was a driving display. could be wrong but was there an irish army involvment aslo? an if not maybe getting in contact with the army press office and inviting them along to the next show.

there was two filthbags fighting, dressed in dpm with airsoft guns in the jumble stalls, didnt last very long but they were threatening to "eat" eachother and it was enough to scare my partner and 9 month old baby. it was at aprox 3:30 pm on the sunday. they were split up shorlty. this is almost completely out of the control of the organisers.

and my last point. the lay out of the show, the renactment area seemed fine but then the vehicles were along the edge with the stalls in the middle seemed like they were the focus and the vehicles were pushed out.

just to be clear, im not trolling or trying to bring the show down, im giving my honest opinion. everything has room to improve and without identifying which particular areas to improve its harder to do so. if i praised it and ignored the flaws that i saw then im sure it would be very similar next year, and would deter me from going.

As far as I am aware, no such incident was reported, it may have been just bad timing that you witnessed a disagreement, but as you said, this was nothing to do with the organisers of the show. I can only apologise that this may have upset your family.

I dont have exact figures for previous shows, but the vehicle count was similar, we had some vehicles not attending this year where we had other vehicles which hadn't been exhibited at previous Salute! Shows at all. We have been in contact with the Irish Army, however their budget for public displays is understandably restricted at present.

As regards the layout, some of the vehicles are the first thing at the entry way, with the re-enactment area in the middle and exhibitors and further vehicle displays at the other side, the stalls were at the top end of the field and are actually the furthest point from the entrance even though they can be seen on the way in, however your feedback is appreciated and we will take this into consideration for future shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭deepimpact

Just a quick thank you from the IAA committee to the organisers of Salute, the members that showed up and gave their free time to help out, and the airsofters that helped us out throughout the weekend or popped over for a chat. You know who you are, and it was greatly appreciated.

We had continuous interest throughout the weekend from the attendees of the show, and we met some interesting people.

There were a few retailers on site that had some very nice kit , and the weather held up for the most part (I have the sunburn to prove there was some sun last weekend).

I'm already looking forward to next year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement