Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone used Active FX for wrinkle facial treatment

• 02-06-2011 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am interested in getting in done. I am a 38 year old with skin that is starting to get fairly crinkled (prematurely I think).

I know that Ailesbury Clinic offer it.

I have read some reviews on the web. Many are very positive, but others are as scary as hell! Not sure if the reward is worth the potential risk involved.
    http://www.realself.com/Active-FX/reviews

I did get one similar treatment done a year ago called Polaris laser. The effect was pretty insignificant tho I believe Active FX is much more effective.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cquinner

i had active fx treatment Sept 2010. it was a complete waste of money and time. i got it for treatment of melasma. it didnt work and melasma is worse than ever. cant go outside in the sun. wearing factor 50 even on dull days. It didnt even do anything else that it was supposed to do i.e. clear up lines and wrinkles and make you look a bit fresher. It did nothing. It made my skin worse. im cant go out into the sun at all.
    I had it done in the Ailsbury Clinic. At first consultation, i was slightly impressed that he took the time to discuss my case. Then when i went back to have the treatment, he didnt even remember me and asked me what i was having done (whilst i was on the table and he had needle in his hand and chatting to the nurse about his trip to mexico). I went back after a few months to complain that it didnt work and he was completely aloof and rude. He assured me during consultation that it would work. When i went back to complain he offered to try other treatments IPL etc., which he said during consultation wouldnt work in my case. Seems to just change his mind to suit himself. He seems to be more interested in himself and his name-dropping and social status, than serving his clients.
    I can give a detailed account of my experience ...please contact me on <SNIP>
    I have before/after photos. real ones. taken at my home under same lighting conditions (im a photographer).
    Also, a friend of mine also had it done in same place. It didnt work either.
    My advice: use your money for some nice facials every now and then and dont waste your money on Active FX. It does not work and its more invasive than the videos online show. I should have listened to my GP who warned me not to get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cquinner

<SNIP>

Please do not post duplicate posts on the same topic.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

I also attended this clinic in the past for facial laser treatment.

Like cquinner I could not have founded the dr more rude.
    also he was only interested in himself.

staff turn over seemed to be very high.

I left a lot of money in that clinic and I will never ever step inside the doors of it again. in my opinion the only reason that clinic is so popular is off its address.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wonderlust

Many Thanks to all, especially to Cquinner for sharing their experience, nothing like experience...! The self-absorbed arrogance alone annoys me. I was considering FX abrasive laser for slight minor scarring (from acne), but was worried i would end up with that 'Wax Effect', a Shiny Waxy face, which would be much worse that just doing gentle facials, or using retinol creams. I would say to anyone to be careful not to mess around too much with nature.. and that things in Ireland are not yet strict enough, the rules, qualifications, and prices, vary widley, from my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sineadannette

i also had this treatment done in this clinic and its a waste of money. I was told it would improve texture, remove fine lines and tighten my skin it did none of these. I spent 1500 euro on this treatment and made the doctor aware that i had no results but he didnt even reply to me or offer a complimentary treatment. The down time is more than 4-5 days it takes about 10 days to recover but you could live with that if the end results were good, Stay away from this clinic there is no after care service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement