Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap prepay android phone(samsung europa) 39€

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I'm after messing up my phone by playing around with different roms, could anyone give me a backed up stock three rom?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Here you go cork45.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=781149

I'm not advocating other users to go along a similar route, just assisting cork45.

They are the official clean Roms for the Samsung Europa. I need to update too, it seems.

---

This thread helps too: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-europa-5/321656-manual-device-cant-updated-workaround.html

If you have a phone\firmware mismatch and Kies will not let you update, if it is through Kies you'd like to go..

Samsung code page: (handy for reference) http://samfirmware.webs.com/samsunglettercode.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Got the €39 credit too:) Thanks again OP, going to keep this one for myself and get my son another one for his birthday.

Amalgam wrote: »
    Here you go cork45.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=781149

I'm not advocating others users to go along a similar route, just assisting cork45.

They are the official clean Roms for the Samsung Europa. I need to update too, it seems.

---

This thread helps too: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-europa-5/321656-manual-device-cant-updated-workaround.html

If you have a phone\firmware mismatch and Kies will not let you update, if it is through Kies you'd like to go..

Samsung code page: (handy for reference) http://samfirmware.webs.com/samsunglettercode.htm

Cheers Amalgam, I've been through those firmwares already, imo the stock three one is better, if touchwiz can be disabled it would be great.
    I think I'll just buy another one, back up the rom and restore it to my current phone.

I wouldn't advise anyone to bother with the other roms for the time being.

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Did anybody else who got it with a new sim get €38 credit on it already?
    martyoo wrote: »
    Yes! :)

Nice surprise.
    lindtee wrote: »
    Got the €39 credit too:)

I'll be damned! My one arrived yesterday morning but after reading this thread I checked the sim just now and there's €38 on it! Wow! I had just paid the €7 to unlock it and was using it with my ol' o2 sim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,230 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'll be damned! My one arrived yesterday morning but after reading this thread I checked the sim just now and there's €38 on it! Wow! I had just paid the €7 to unlock it and was using it with my ol' o2 sim.

So now you have 38 euro free credit on your O2 account??

Surely not?

So assuming the credit is on your 3G account, will you just use it all up and then switich sims and go back to your previous operator?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Anyone in Cork get next day delivery?

noodler wrote: »
    So now you have 38 euro free credit on your O2 account??

Surely not?

So assuming the credit is on your 3G account, will you just use it all up and then switich sims and go back to your previous operator?

Nope, the €38 is on the Three sim that came with the phone (I have only €6 on my o2 sim!). To be honest I don't know what I'll do with the credit. I don't suppose it's possible to transfer the balance from one network to another? ;) That would be very nice indeed!

Nope, the €38 is on the Three sim that came with the phone (I have only €6 on my o2 sim!). To be honest I don't know what I'll do with the credit. I don't suppose it's possible to transfer the balance from one network to another? ;) That would be very nice indeed!

Nah, thats not possible.

Hmm, now I am thinking of switiching to 3 from meteor to use the 40 quid credit and then switching back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Can the €38 free credit be used to buy the 500mb internet allowance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Can the €38 free credit be used to buy the 500mb internet allowance?

Sure can, I just bought the add on now.

Sure can, I just bought the add on now.
    Can you tell me how you went about it? Probably a stupid question but I'm totally clueless!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Can you tell me how you went about it? Probably a stupid question but I'm totally clueless!

You have to register the 3 number on the 3 website on My3. Once you have registered you can check your balance and buy add on's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I'm planning on porting my number over in a few weeks. Does anybody know if i'll still be able to do it after i register with My3 or will i need a fresh 3 sim card?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

I can't for the life of me open the back over on this thing to put the battery in.

Feel like it might break if I push anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I can't for the life of me open the back over on this thing to put the battery in.

Just stick your nail in the little ledge and give it a gentle but firm pull off.

I'm stuck in what I think is idle mode, screen has time and date in centre and at bottom a padlock and a speaker icon.

I've tried holding down all the button to get back to main menu and powering off/on and no joy. Any idea lads.frown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

Yep - nice phone and credit there as well. Good BA thanks OP.

danjo-xx wrote: »
    I'm stuck in what I think is idle mode, screen has time and date in centre and at bottom a padlock and a speaker icon.

I've tried holding down all the button to get back to main menu and powering off/on and no joy. Any idea lads.frown.gif

Don't you just swipe the padlock to the right?

• Advertisement

Don't you just swipe the padlock to the right?

on the ball, apparently I wasn't giving it a long enuf swipe thanks a mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

Now the whole family wants one :mad::eek::rolleyes:

I read a thread recently about someone wanting to unlock a 3 phone and they were advised not to because they would lose a whole bunch of features.

1) Is this true for the EUROPA? I'd like to keep it unlocked so I can use my remaining meteor credit

2) If I port my number do I lose the 38e in credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Turn the phone upside down and look where you'd put your mouth to talk, at the meeting between the front and back you'll notice a groove.. for a fingernail.

samsungeuropagroove.jpg

samsunggrooveopen.jpg

Fit one in and pull out, towards the rear cover of the phone. Don't overdo it, it should just, 'click out'.

For putting the phone back together, just line up the other end, then click the end with the groove back together again. Again, no need for too much force.

I read a thread recently about someone wanting to unlock a 3 phone and they were advised not to because they would lose a whole bunch of features.

2) If I port my number do I lose the 38e in credit?

Someone else was asking that, I cant see any reason why you would loose it. Its yours now, porting your number over is your choice. Tesco used to give you €20 if you ported your number over.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Jesus I had to use a screwdriver after my nails were made bits of. Got mine instore for €49 so if any problems I can deal straight with them. It's a little beauty for that price. Now to get used to a touch screen and swype texting, think my nails will have to be filed down. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Someone else was asking that, I cant see any reason why you would loose it. Its yours now, porting your number over is your choice. Tesco used to give you €20 if you ported your number over.

No you will lose all your credit, happened to me lots of times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I would avoid this (and every other budget android smartphone) like the plague.*

*Orange San Francisco is an exception

• Registered Users Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Jesus I had to use a screwdriver after my nails were made bits of. Got mine instore for 49 so if any problems I can deal straight with them. It's a little beauty for that price. Now to get used to a touch screen and swype texting, think my nails will have to be filed down. :D

Did you get the free 38euro credit with it? I would prefer to buy it that way as well.

• Advertisement

Jesus I had to use a screwdriver after my nails were made bits of. Got mine instore for €49 so if any problems I can deal straight with them. It's a little beauty for that price. Now to get used to a touch screen and swype texting, think my nails will have to be filed down. :D

Instead of pulling the cover with your nail, run it along the side of the phone and the back will come off much easier.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement