Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mosfets...Worth it?

Options
  • 08-08-2011 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

So I'm considering getting Mosfet fitted to my M4 Custom.
    Its going in for repairs, so while its in, i might as well get some upgrades.

I have neard people talk about them at games, and I borrowed a gun recently, that was fantastic, which had a Mosfet just fitted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-zCzS0s6Pk

I know they are fantastic in theory, but Id like to hear feedback from guys who have them fitted?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Yes they are

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

What mosfet are you planning on getting fitted ? There are many types and they all come with varying options and ease of fitting.Some are better then others.Some can be reflashed (updated) to include new options and some are quick change instead of been wired to your gear box.It all comes down to what your willing to pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

some mosfets are very good, allowing you to program them on the fly for things like 3 shot burst, etc as well as active braking so the spring is left compressed and firing is almost instant as you dont wait for the spring to cycle.
    And they are more suitable if you are using lipo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

So what is the advantage, is it three shots fired on one pull but spaced a little more than full auto.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

If I remember correctly, MOSFET's act as a regulator between battery, motor and gearbox, reducing wear and tear by avoiding the battery just dumping power into the gearbox, causing nasty little things like carbon build up on trigger contacts etc.

The basic ones elongate the lifespan of your internal components, and the fancy-pants ones do the same while giving you some swish options like enhanced trigger response (by bringing the piston to the rear every time etc), 3 round burst etc.

So yes, they are intrinsically worth it as they make your gear more reliable and much more efficient. The fancier ones carry a higher price tag, and are only worth it if you want their fancy-pants functions :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭McGilla

I was planning on getting one fitted to increase battery efficiency and to reduce wear and tear. I'm not too pushed about the 3 shot burst etc,
    Any aeg which ahve Mosfets seems to sound better, and caue less problems...providing they are fitted properly.

_I'll be paying t get it done!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

Does anyone have any advice on a basic MOSFET that would fit in an m4 stock tube? Or do they exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭mafo

90 Dollars and out of stock, thanks anyways.

Most if not all mosfet and quite small and will fit in a stock tube.It all come down to as i said in the other posts on how much your willing to spend and weather or not your happy opening the gear box and doing some soldering.

• Advertisement

Well of course a plug-in one would be handier but I wouldn't mind opening the gearbox and I can solder no problem if necessary.

The burst wizards are plug and play and it comes with a few nice features.there is the Lv model and the new king kong.I find the trigger response to be not as good as I would accept but that is ment to be fixed in the new models (king kong) and at the moment you can get both for about 70 bucks posted and you can always sell the lv model.

I recently installed the cheetah extreme mosfet in a kwa m16 dmr running an 11.1v lipo.I couldn't recommend it enough.This mosfet has everything youll ever need.Active braking,3 round, sniper mode (one round every other second) moter control and its flashable with new software when it comes out.The only problem I have with this mosfet is the size of the connector holes for your wires are tiny.I have to down size all the wires in the gear box and motor to fit in

Advertisement